K&N Wishes Wedding-2/8/14 - YCG/LSS/France * Update: 4/16/13 - STD's, DIY Stuff *

Your logo is perfect. Love it! The final product is definitely the one I would have gone with too. ;)

I love the logo! And the DIY necklace presents is such a fabulous idea, and in my opinion, a lot more special because they will be made by you! :goodvibes

I think the monogram/logo you decided on is perfect!!! I'm glad you showed the evolution from where you started to where you ended up. I always see these perfect logos and I wonder how they just magically came up with them...It's nice to see the process at work!

I really like the necklaces and think that they will be more meaningful and a great DIY project if you end up making them!

Good luck!
Brooke

Just a little update, I still haven't gotten to my Save the Dates or finished my necklaces yet :worried: I'm so horrible!

But we signed our life to Disney a couple weeks ago and said goodbye to our 2k deposit. Our wedding planner we got was Jamie Betz, which she was on my top 3 of who I requested! I thank all the disbrides of helping in recommending their planners that they believe went above and beyond. She was really sweet on the phone and I can't wait to start working with her.

We are trying to figure out when to schedule our planning session. I think the earliest we can set up is very late July to early August. She said it would be better to do the menu tasting before all the Food and Wine gets underway as most kitchens will be busy and will be harder to schedule one at that time.

I don't have any pictures to share in this post, but I do have our wedding website up and completed for you to enjoy! Let me know if there is any additional information you think that I can add to on our site. Next time, I'll be sure to have something done for our Save the Dates!

Wedding Website: http://kathyandnhu.com

Just a little update, I still haven't gotten to my Save the Dates or finished my necklaces yet :worried: I'm so horrible!

But we signed our life to Disney a couple weeks ago and said goodbye to our 2k deposit. Our wedding planner we got was Jamie Betz, which she was on my top 3 of who I requested! I thank all the disbrides of helping in recommending their planners that they believe went above and beyond. She was really sweet on the phone and I can't wait to start working with her.

We are trying to figure out when to schedule our planning session. I think the earliest we can set up is very late July to early August. She said it would be better to do the menu tasting before all the Food and Wine gets underway as most kitchens will be busy and will be harder to schedule one at that time.

I don't have any pictures to share in this post, but I do have our wedding website up and completed for you to enjoy! Let me know if there is any additional information you think that I can add to on our site. Next time, I'll be sure to have something done for our Save the Dates!

Wedding Website: http://kathyandnhu.com

We just received our LOA and plan on signing it this week. When do you get assigned a wedding planner? Can I ask who you requested?

We just received our LOA and plan on signing it this week. When do you get assigned a wedding planner? Can I ask who you requested?

We were assigned within the same week, couple of days after they received the LOA. I emailed my consultant of my top 3 choices for a wedding planner before the LOA was sent which were: Maxine Pollakis, Carol Mikles, and Jamie Betz.

We were assigned within the same week, couple of days after they received the LOA. I emailed my consultant of my top 3 choices for a wedding planner before the LOA was sent which were: Maxine Pollakis, Carol Mikles, and Jamie Betz.

Got ya. I don't know if I should request a wedding planner or just see who I get. :scratchin

I tried to find threads on here regarding wedding planners but couldn't find any. I would think this would be important info! LOL

BTW we are getting married at the YCG on 2/10/14 :) I will be following your PJ!!! So far everything looks great! I love your engagment pictures :)

congrats on your engagement and good luck planning!!! :goodvibes

Got ya. I don't know if I should request a wedding planner or just see who I get. :scratchin

I tried to find threads on here regarding wedding planners but couldn't find any. I would think this would be important info! LOL

BTW we are getting married at the YCG on 2/10/14 :) I will be following your PJ!!! So far everything looks great! I love your engagment pictures :)

congrats on your engagement and good luck planning!!! :goodvibes

Yay another YCG bride! How awesome!

I got a lot of my help from the DisBrides on Facebook, are you a member? If not, join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/121343941308603/

The girls are very helpful there! Do you have a PJ yet, I'd love to follow along too!

So I finally got a few things done. I made some necklaces and tote bags for the bridesmaids, save the dates, and cufflinks for the groomsmen.

The necklaces i purchased Swarovski pendants from fusionbeads.com, I got the pearls and chains from Michael's and the stamped metal from an Etsy seller. Wire wrapping isn't easy and I gave up on making it look neat. Hopefully they won't notice my flaws too much. Now I'm not sure how to match it. I was thinking of making earrings.. another DIY first =\ I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Untitled-1_zpsec03b430.png

I had a Vistaprint groupon to use, which I used for my STD magnets, but had money left over, so I ended up spending extra and getting the girls and myself tote bags for the big day. I'll probably make a nice presentation out of it, include the jewelry by putting it in gift boxes and have some basic girly items. I was also thinking of making a monogram robe as well (maybe DIY-it) and a t-shirt?

photo-3_zps8d49ba1e.png

So with the STD's, I created the design with Illustrator and found a site (catprint.com) that is able to do custom print sizes. I compared it to Kinkos which was way more expensive but about the same price as Office Depot or Office Max, but with CatPrint you are working with professionals and not just a worker who may not know everything that comes to printing at Office Depot/Max. You can request a sample from catprint.com and they give you a book of all the cardstock they use which is quite helpful. I also ordered eyelets and eyelet washers from eyeletoutlet.com to make the holes a bit nicer as you will see. Below you can find the finish product!

photo-4_zps5577fbe8.png
photo-8_zps02ab5a61.png
photo-5_zpsebf78d33.png
photo-13_zpsd0e2cdae.png
photo-5a_zps9e0d291b.png
photo-21_zps8a160ec5.png

Lastly, I randomly ordered cufflinks for the groomsmen from an ebay lister. They had the option to name your price, which I did, of course a little less than the asking price and they accepted! Which then, I felt like I should of asked for an even lesser price, but once you commit you have to pay. So still a good deal, which I hope they will enjoy.

photo15_zps2cc10e15.png

I also got a hanger wire done from an etsy seller too.

photo-2_zps6bdad961.png

Fantastic update! You've really got a lot done!!

I adore you save the dates! The booklet and the magnet together look amazing! The quality looks really great. I've never heard of catprint, I may have to check it out for future printing.

From what I can see the necklaces look great! And even if they don't perfectly match, I don't think anyone could possible notice (especially once your BMs are wearing them). :goodvibes

Wow, you've been busy! I love your colors, they're so soft and pretty! You did really great on the necklaces! Makes me want to give another try to mine. Can't wait to see more!

Yay another YCG bride! How awesome!

I got a lot of my help from the DisBrides on Facebook, are you a member? If not, join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/121343941308603/

The girls are very helpful there! Do you have a PJ yet, I'd love to follow along too!

I was not a member of the DisBrides on FB But I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip :)

I don't have a PJ but I probably should because I feel like I'm waaaaaay behind at this point. lol.

and I just re-read your first post. DF and I got enaged on 2/10/11 and are getting married on 2/10/14 at YCG. What a coincidence!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter