K-Cups in the rooms/honor bar questions

We should be a good test family for this because we will ask at the front desk for the pods to all be changed to hot chocolate...then we will see if they replenish them with only hot chocolate.

People that drink a lot may want to take their own pods or be prepared to pay the $1.50 charge. I know that if you buy a box of them, they usually end up being around .50 each...which may be a more economical option if anyonw wants to bother with bringing their own.

Kelly

macraven said:
thank you for posting that!
it is something that others might not be aware of.

i always run two pots of water through the Keurig before i use it to make coffee.
i don't know if housekeepers clean the machine after each guest leaves, so i make sure it is.

I do this too.

As for the pods we will be there again in 2 weeks and will let everyone know. We are not big drinkers but enjoy a cup on the way to the parks on vacation.

Yes, I own a Keurig machine and you can just push the button to make the water come through and don't put a pod in it. You will have a cup of hot water....however, you may want to do this at least once before you use it for whatever you are making to clean it out. You are supposed to do this from time to time to filter the machine.

actually, there's a whole process recommended to de-scale the pots at least monthly that is a bit different from the normal vinegar/water drill that most coffee mfgs recommend. If you ever need to use the Keurig warranty you will be asked if you follow it (don't ask:rolleyes1).

jmho, if they are instituting a fee for coffee above what is provided daily it's a good idea if it'll help keep overall room cost down.

actually, there's a whole process recommended to de-scale the pots at least monthly that is a bit different from the normal vinegar/water drill that most coffee mfgs recommend. If you ever need to use the Keurig warranty you will be asked if you follow it (don't ask:rolleyes1).

jmho, if they are instituting a fee for coffee above what is provided daily it's a good idea if it'll help keep overall room cost down.

We've had to do that process a few times. MIL uses bottled water in her Keurig and it really builds up the scale. We use a bobby pin and clean out the little ports where the water exits to keep it running freely. At one point, nothing at all was coming out of her Keurig it was so clogged with scale.

We've had to do that process a few times. MIL uses bottled water in her Keurig and it really builds up the scale. We use a bobby pin and clean out the little ports where the water exits to keep it running freely. At one point, nothing at all was coming out of her Keurig it was so clogged with scale.

sounds familiar, guess it's the norm if you have hard water

So the Keurig machine can be used to get plain hot water to make instant oatmeal or instant soup? (or instant cheese grits, for you Southerners who know what that is!) I was thinking about bringing my own coffee maker for hot water, because sometimes we want to have a simple breakfast in the room and not pay for breakfast at a restaurant.

So the Keurig machine can be used to get plain hot water to make instant oatmeal or instant soup? (or instant cheese grits, for you Southerners who know what that is!) I was thinking about bringing my own coffee maker for hot water, because sometimes we want to have a simple breakfast in the room and not pay for breakfast at a restaurant.

Yes it absolutely will! You will need bowls, spoons, whatever I assume, but if you just need hot water it will do that. :thumbsup2

What hotel did you contact? I was at Royal Pacific over MLK weekend & their were only 4 K-Cups in the tray; 2 Emeril Bolds, 1 Emeril Decaf, and 1 Green Tea. I called Star Service and requested more & they told me it would be $1.50 per cup.

What hotel did you contact? I was at Royal Pacific over MLK weekend & their were only 4 K-Cups in the tray; 2 Emeril Bolds, 1 Emeril Decaf, and 1 Green Tea. I called Star Service and requested more & they told me it would be $1.50 per cup.

Hmmmm....Did they replenish them daily, free of charge?

we have a Keurig at home and do not like the Emerils coffee at the resorts.

We go to Keurig.com and order 5-pks to take on vacation. You can order
coffee, green tea, hot choc. etc. a lot cheaper than 1.50 each there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter