Justin Bieber Concert

WVMomof3

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to this concert recently and can tell me how long the show is from start to finish? Carly Rae Jepson is opening act. I have looked online and gotten various answers from 90 minutes to 3.5 hours. Big difference. My daughter is going to concert with a friend tomorrow and I may need to go pick her up, so I would like a general idea of when show will be over. It starts at 7:00.

Thanks for anyone that can help!

I haven't been to this particular concert, but here's my experience in general.

1. Show will not start at 7pm. It will most likely begin, at best, between 7:15--7:30.

2. Opening act will play for 30 minutes.

3. Reset stage for main act. Can take 10 minutes or 30 minutes depending on set.

4. Main act should be about 90 minutes.

OT, but I am completely blown away by the times that "pass" for a concert these days. I compare that to Springsteen, who plays (non stop, with no opening act) for a bare minimum of 3 hours. 90 minutes? Really?

I took DD to an Owl City concert this summer, and the whole thing (opening act included and time to reset) took less than 2 hours.

OT, but I am completely blown away by the times that "pass" for a concert these days. I compare that to Springsteen, who plays (non stop, with no opening act) for a bare minimum of 3 hours. 90 minutes? Really?

I took DD to an Owl City concert this summer, and the whole thing (opening act included and time to reset) took less than 2 hours.

1. Bruce Springsteen has quite a back catalog, not only of songs diehard fans would know, but of huge hits. It's easy for him to do a three hour concert of his own material. Owl City and Justin Bieber have only a few hit songs, so unless they fill a concert with album tracks and/or covers, they simply don't have the material.

2. The market tells entertainment providers what is valuable and how to price it:
-- Consumers no longer buy recorded music -- approx 90% of all music today is downloaded illegally, so the money to be made in the industry comes from live tours and merchandise. Therefore, there is huge incentive to maximize profits by decreasing costs (and one way to do that is by decreasing the length of concerts).
--Consumers no longer consider actual singing ability to be important either in their recorded or live music, so many of today's most popular musical acts do not have the natural vocal ability or training to permit longer concerts. Even singers with actual singing ability have no background in live singing and/or vocal ability and are much more likely to blow out their voices.
--Consumers are willing to pay top dollar for 90 minute concerts, so there is no incentive to provide a longer show.

1. Bruce Springsteen has quite a back catalog, not only of songs diehard fans would know, but of huge hits. It's easy for him to do a three hour concert of his own material. Owl City and Justin Bieber have only a few hit songs, so unless they fill a concert with album tracks and/or covers, they simply don't have the material.

2. The market tells entertainment providers what is valuable and how to price it:
-- Consumers no longer buy recorded music -- approx 90% of all music today is downloaded illegally, so the money to be made in the industry comes from live tours and merchandise. Therefore, there is huge incentive to maximize profits by decreasing costs (and one way to do that is by decreasing the length of concerts).
--Consumers no longer consider actual singing ability to be important either in their recorded or live music, so many of today's most popular musical acts do not have the natural vocal ability or training to permit longer concerts. Even singers with actual singing ability have no background in live singing and/or vocal ability and are much more likely to blow out their voices.
--Consumers are willing to pay top dollar for 90 minute concerts, so there is no incentive to provide a longer show.

I somewhat agree with this....however, Bruce was playing 3.5 hour concerts back in 1977-78 (when I first saw him live), and then his "catalog" of recorded music was probably smaller than Biebers at this point. I do think that musicians today generally don't have to have the same level of natural singing ability (because of auto tune, etc), and don't have the ability to pull off a concert of that length (let alone the stamina).

I have been spoiled by Springsteen though. It was just shocking to have the Owl City concert end so quickly....at a point where you would barely be past the warm up of the show. :rotfl2:

One of these is a concert. One of these is a show. A concert has singing, music, interaction, etc. A show has a preprogrammed set of lip synching and choreography. ;)

Springsteen puts on a concert.

I agree with most of this, except I'm not sure how decreasing the length of a show achieves maximizing costs. The production cost will be the same if the show is 90 minutes or three hours, unless an artist decides to play overtime.

Bumping back up to see if anyone knows. Sounds like probably be done between 9:30 -10:00. She will be 1.5 hours away, so don't want to wait long, but don't want to be late either!

Bumping back up to see if anyone knows. Sounds like probably be done between 9:30 -10:00. She will be 1.5 hours away, so don't want to wait long, but don't want to be late either!

Have you tried calling the venue to ask?

My girls are going tonight, too, but they're spending the night in Pittsburgh with their aunt.

If you can't find out, then I'd be in the general area by 9:00 so that you can get to them quick when it is over. I'd find a Walmart or Target and get some stocking stuffer shopping done!

Hope they all have fun! (When I heard that Selena was hospitalized, I thought "Boy, I hope he doesn't go running to her side..." even though they have split up. Bad, I know.

We're going tonight too.

For anyone that hasn't heard Carly Rae Jepsen will not be singing...she's sick & cancelled. No word on whether she'll be replaced with someone else, or if it's just additional Bieber time, or if Bieber will start/end earlier than normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter