JustEmmy and Emmysmommy return to WDW for some wining and dining

Hey Emmy, yes we've had the conversation about 'fish and chips'. Typically, it is cod that is used for fish and chips but sometimes it's another white fish called Coley (and occasionally haddock). I am 99% certain they use cod for the fish and chips at Raglan Road. It is a fairly mild, flaky white fish.

The Dunbrody Kiss is like a crispy base (I think it has cornflakes in it) with a rich chocolate mousse domed topping. It is very rich and very delicious.

Emmy,

The Dunbrody Kiss is cornflake base. It is definitely rich but wilma-bride is also correct in that it is super delicious. I had that for my dessert this last trip. So yummy, I would get it again in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Emmy, yes we've had the conversation about 'fish and chips'. Typically, it is cod that is used for fish and chips but sometimes it's another white fish called Coley (and occasionally haddock). I am 99% certain they use cod for the fish and chips at Raglan Road. It is a fairly mild, flaky white fish.

The Dunbrody Kiss is like a crispy base (I think it has cornflakes in it) with a rich chocolate mousse domed topping. It is very rich and very delicious.

Oh, I completely remember that conversation now! Haha Well, I do like white, mild fish, so that's actually sounding pretty tasty. :goodvibes

The Dunbrody Kiss sounds very nice! I have heard that they had a pavlova at one point, which I was very excited to try, but I'm glad to hear plenty of good things about their other options. :)

Joining in! We plan to be there the same time as you & your Mom. Hope we run into you two! It would be like a DIS celebrity sighting!:)

Aww! Well, it'd be lovely to run into each other. :goodvibes

Emmy,

The Dunbrody Kiss is cornflake base. It is definitely rich but wilma-bride is also correct in that it is super delicious. I had that for my dessert this last trip. So yummy, I would get it again in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

Ah! There's so many things that sound delicious! I just want to try them all! :hyper:

It's Emmy!! :banana: I'm so excited to see you here and can't wait to read your review. I'll be running in the Princess half the same weekend that you're there so your mom and I are hoping we'll be able to see each other! I am not bringing Eilee with me this time - it's mama's weekend!! (and the sausage of course which I almost forgot about bringing if it wasn't for your mom). I'm there with a friend and I'll be doing Jiko for the first time too as well as Be Our Guest. I can't wait to see what we both think

By the way, I had a moment of craziness and signed up for the Disneyland half over labor day weekend so I'll be coming out your way! So if you're around that weekend...;)

Another fan of your Mom's reports joining in. :thumbsup2

My daughters (20 and 22) and my sister and I are going on a Mommy/daughter/sister trip in June. I'm trying to get them involved in the planning, but I think I have spoiled them by having done this for all our other trips.

Looking forward to reading your perspective on your dining. :goodvibes

Joining in! Love your mom's reports and excited to read yours as well! And I love the idea of mother/daughter Disney trips! :thumbsup2

It's Emmy!! :banana: I'm so excited to see you here and can't wait to read your review. I'll be running in the Princess half the same weekend that you're there so your mom and I are hoping we'll be able to see each other! I am not bringing Eilee with me this time - it's mama's weekend!! (and the sausage of course which I almost forgot about bringing if it wasn't for your mom). I'm there with a friend and I'll be doing Jiko for the first time too as well as Be Our Guest. I can't wait to see what we both think

By the way, I had a moment of craziness and signed up for the Disneyland half over labor day weekend so I'll be coming out your way! So if you're around that weekend...;)

Hey Tracy! :hippie: We'd love to see you next month. (and I'm glad to hear that the sausage will be making an appearance too. ;)) I can't wait to hear your thoughts about Jiko and Be Our Guest, but especially Jiko. What night are you eating there? :)

How fun! There's definitely high hopes of us being in the same place at the same time then... Except in the half marathon. I'd die! :faint:

Another fan of your Mom's reports joining in. :thumbsup2

My daughters (20 and 22) and my sister and I are going on a Mommy/daughter/sister trip in June. I'm trying to get them involved in the planning, but I think I have spoiled them by having done this for all our other trips.

Looking forward to reading your perspective on your dining. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Haha well, it took a little while for my mom to get me involved in planning, so maybe they just need a little more of a shove in the right direction. ;)

Joining in! Love your mom's reports and excited to read yours as well! And I love the idea of mother/daughter Disney trips! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the report. :)

Joining in - Glad to hear your ladies have another fun filled trip planned that is less than a month away. :cool1:

Your Mom and I follow each other TR's, so I wanted to pop in here and follow yours. Great start...I already love some of your dining selections (especially Be Our Guest...we loved it last month).

Well, it's fitting that your mom's Dining Report was the FIRST DR that I read start to finish, and now your PDR will be my first as well!! :thumbsup2

You will LOVE BOG!!!! Well… we did anyway!! :lovestruc

After following several of your mom's reports, I'm thrilled to join in on another mother/daughter trip!

Of your new choices, I absolutely loved Jiko. :lovestruc I also adore the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I'm excited you get an opportunity to stay there!

Joining in - Glad to hear your ladies have another fun filled trip planned that is less than a month away. :cool1:

Thanks, MEK! I'm getting more and more excited daily! :goodvibes

Your Mom and I follow each other TR's, so I wanted to pop in here and follow yours. Great start...I already love some of your dining selections (especially Be Our Guest...we loved it last month).

Thanks so much! I'm glad to hear good feedback so far on my choices. :) I'm especially looking forward to trying "the gray stuff" at BOG. :thumbsup2

Well, it's fitting that your mom's Dining Report was the FIRST DR that I read start to finish, and now your PDR will be my first as well!! :thumbsup2

You will LOVE BOG!!!! Well… we did anyway!! :lovestruc

How neat! Thanks for joining in. :)

I'm glad to hear such positive things about Be Our Guest. From the pictures of the restaurant that I've seen, I'm just excited for the ambience if not for anything else. It looks so beautiful! :goodvibes

After following several of your mom's reports, I'm thrilled to join in on another mother/daughter trip!

Of your new choices, I absolutely loved Jiko. :lovestruc I also adore the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I'm excited you get an opportunity to stay there!

Aww! Well, thank you for joining in. :)

I'm definitely excited for our stay at AKL because of Jiko, Boma, etc. I'm sure that it'll be a new, unique experience! :)

Alright, y'all! After a few weeks filled with birthdays, urgent care visits, false-positive mono tests, and... LEGOland visits :-)ssst:), along with a few trips to my local Disney park, I'm back and ready to post my plans for my trip with my mom later this month. (Febuary 23-March 4) Here we go! :cheer2:

Day 1
- Jiko

Day 2
- Boma
- Yak and Yeti
- Beaches and Cream

Day 3
- Captain’s Grille
- 50’s Primetime Café
- Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 4
- Club Lounge! (And maybe a bakery treat ;))
- Teppan Edo
- Raglan Road

Day 5
- Kouzzina
- Sci-Fi Dine-In
- Tony’s Town Square

Day 6
- Kona Café
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- Citricos

Day 7
- Whispering Canyon Café
- Chefs de France
- Ohana

Day 8
- The Wave
- Via Napoli
- Be Our Guest

Day 9
- Akershus
- San Angel Inn
- Narcoosees

Day 10
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- pretzels and airplane peanuts ;)

(purple is for our new places)

You are going to LOVE Jiko! The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is great! I also like Raglan Road and I am looking forward to returning there this summer! I can't wait for Be Our Guest. Looking forward to your review.

Alright, y'all! After a few weeks filled with birthdays, urgent care visits, false-positive mono tests, and... LEGOland visits :-)ssst:), along with a few trips to my local Disney park, I'm back and ready to post my plans for my trip with my mom later this month. (Febuary 23-March 4) Here we go! :cheer2:

Day 1
- Jiko

Day 2
- Boma
- Yak and Yeti
- Beaches and Cream

Day 3
- Captain’s Grille
- 50’s Primetime Café
- Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 4
- Club Lounge! (And maybe a bakery treat ;))
- Teppan Edo
- Raglan Road

Day 5
- Kouzzina
- Sci-Fi Dine-In
- Tony’s Town Square

Day 6
- Kona Café
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- Citricos

Day 7
- Whispering Canyon Café
- Chefs de France
- Ohana

Day 8
- The Wave
- Via Napoli
- Be Our Guest

Day 9
- Akershus
- San Angel Inn
- Narcoosees

Day 10
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- pretzels and airplane peanuts ;)

(purple is for our new places)

Yikes! Hope you are feeling better!!!

We LOVED Whispering Canyon cafe! We went for Thanksgiving Day and it was delish! But I can't wait to go back and have the regular meal there! :hyper:

Wow, how late am I :faint:
Hi Em
I am so looking forward to reading about your upcoming trip. I love your Mom's DRs and I know yours are going to be every bit as fun to read along with :goodvibes
Your plans sound wonderful, lots of great choices :thumbsup2

Be sure to say you are celebrating something or you won't get the "grey stuff".

Love most of your line up; we loved Raglan Road...we've gone twice and have always had very good food (service can be a little slow).

Count me in! What a great line up of yummy restaurants. Can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great trip!!

I'm in Emmy! I read your mom's reviews! I have been on a little break from the dis, b/c we vacationed in Nov & I needed a moment...:sad: to get over having to be home! LOL! But, I'm back & ready to plan the next adventure! Your line up looks AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to follow along! It looks like you'll be dining @ some places we'll like to. HAVE FUN GIRLS!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter