Just wondering...Why you picked your time to cruise?

Picked our August 22, 2004, date cause I needed that long to save up to go :p

Our last trip to WDW we went the last two weeks of August and found the crowds were so much smaller then. Since we planned to go to the parks before we cruise, thought this would be a great time - won't have to take my daughter out of school and smaller crowds at the parks (we hope!)

Happy cruising all.

Early - Mid July

I am a teacher so summers are easiest - have a vacation before the cruise to get ready, and after the cruise to relax! Plus, it's still very early in the Hurricane season.

Originally posted by kshabare
February! DH gets two week-long vacations each year. February is the perfect start of the year. And, I'm a bad parent - take kids right out of school! They don't seem to mind making up the work. DS8 is able to just fill out a journal and I ask for the real papers for us to do over his real vacation. Communication with the teacher is never a problem - they're too busy being jealous they can't vacation when school is still in session.

Last but not least ... THERE IS NEVER SNOW ON DCL!

Kim ºOº

February is a great month to sail!!!

And you are not a bad parent for taking your kids out of school! Our principal says that the best learning tool is hands on - so he was very supportive when I informed him that we would have Michael (8) out last year on 3 different cruises.

Also, Michael's teacher believed that parents MUST supplement the school work with practical knowledge and information - so she was not only supportive, but asked him to talk with the class about where he was and what he saw. Interestingly enough, most of the class did not realize that people who live around the equator have dark skin!

We love cruising in early May and October! Yes, it's Hurricane Season but with DCL we are safe and although we were diverted from our Western Cruise last year due to Hurricane Lili, we had a blast on our alternate course that took us to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and CC twice! Great seas and beautiful weather!

We are going to cruise in August this time and I already feel the heat!

Rae

Last year was June 15, 7-day Magic. We wanted to go as soon as school let out for the summer. Next year will be around same time, have a DN graduating, and her parents are taking her on cruise.:D

We are DVC members and already had a 12 night vacation planned at WDW for 11/26 - 12/8. We recently returned from a 7 day caribbean cruise on Holland America and we enjoyed the week so much we wanted to take a short cruise during our 12 nights in Orlando. We looked at all our options and found all ships, from Port Canaveral or Tampa are older, with the exception of Disney. We tried a 3 day disney cruise in 2000 and really enjoyed it, so we decided to sign up for Disney again. So, we'll have 4 nights at WDW, 4 night cruise and 4 nights back in disney following the cruise. Can't wait. The only thing we're a little leary about is the weather that time of year. Last year we were at WDW in early Dec and it was down right nasty..cold and rain multiple days. The previous year it was beautiful and we went to the pool every day. So...We're hoping this will be a beach weather year!!

Typically, we like to take our caribbean cruises in the late spring. After all the school vacations etc. and kids are back in school.

Peggy Sue

After my Critical Care Class-a little gift to myself...or therapy if I dont pass the state exam-good motivator...after Christmas, before my birthday...and during value season!

Peggy Sue

I think we all had a BAD winter this year. I'm sure the weather will be fine.

I picked July 24th because my husband's schedule pretty much dictacted when we went. Originally, I also planned for that time to avoid having my children miss school. Next time, though, I think I'll plan for November or February. I'll need a mid-Winter break!

We picked the week of July 12th because of the summer "schedule". DD goes back to school August 7!! Can you believe that? :mad: So, that week was just about the only week we could go.

Originally posted by Peggy Sue
Last year we were at WDW in early Dec and it was down right nasty..cold and rain multiple days. The previous year it was beautiful and we went to the pool every day. So...We're hoping this will be a beach weather year!!
Peggy Sue

So you were also part of that early December cold front - I never was so wet or cold in my life and when I saw the snakes coming out of the ground at the Poly, I thought I'd die! (Big snake fear)
As lousy as it was in Florida, the cruise was wonderful but by that time DH and I had colds. It was wonderful to sit on the verandah and have room service though!!!!

Hope you have great and WARM weather this time around!
Rae

We decided to go on the Oct. 5 Wonder because we got a fantastic deal from DU! Originally we'd booked a SPR on a January cruise, but after a Jan. 2002 WDW trip that had us wearing coats and sweaters, we decided to change to Oct. and have more of a chance for warmer temps. (Maybe we'll be taking a chance with stormy seas instead?) In addition to the terrific price and warmer weather, Oct. is also our family birthday month--two out of the three of us will celebrate birthdays on board! Also, DD's school is out the Monday of the cruise--fewer days for her to miss!

Can't wait to go!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

A cruise will do...thank you.

The perfect time for DH and I to get off from work. A little pre-Christmas present too.
:D

Our family of 8 (me, DW, DDs 9,7 and DSs 5,4, and my wife's parents ...?MIL/FIL) is booked on the January 11, 2004 Wonder cruise.
My wife is running the Disney Marathon that day, and I am running the Disney Half-marathon. I think our first cruise is a good reward for her first 26.2 mile race; the kids are ecstatic and want us to run more marathons!
Unfortunately, the marathon starts at 6AM, and her goal is to finish in 4 hours. By the time we get our stuff together and get a shuttle, it will be mid-afternoon by the time we get to port. Hope I can still book massages for the both of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter