• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just wondering if these are real. I'm guessing not

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
this morning I get a pop up message saying congratulations I thought it said something I was to spin a wheel for my prize. Which happened to be a $1000 prepaid Visa card. Well I just wanted to see how far I could get. There was a survey with some off the wall questions about what kind of health insurance. Then it asked if I was interested in a boat. By accident when I put in no as I did for all the questions my finger slipped and it took me to a different page I I couldn't get back to the survey. I'm guessing this is just to collect it of info on a person and you never get the prize. Just wondering if anyone ever managed to get anything. Thanks

this morning I get a pop up message saying congratulations I thought it said something I was to spin a wheel for my prize. Which happened to be a $1000 prepaid Visa card. Well I just wanted to see how far I could get. There was a survey with some off the wall questions about what kind of health insurance. Then it asked if I was interested in a boat. By accident when I put in no as I did for all the questions my finger slipped and it took me to a different page I I couldn't get back to the survey. I'm guessing this is just to collect it of info on a person and you never get the prize. Just wondering if anyone ever managed to get anything. Thanks
I steer clear of those things. To many things that they can get from you.

I get them when I login. I always get away from it as quick as possible because who knows what virus is being implanted or info is being extracted.

At work we got an error message saying that we had to call Microsoft tech support immediately because there was a virus. They wanted us to give them control of our computer to fix it, it was a total hoax. I just called for the heck of it to see what their schpeel was.

I get them when I login. I always get away from it as quick as possible because who knows what virus is being implanted or info is being extracted.

At work we got an error message saying that we had to call Microsoft tech support immediately because there was a virus. They wanted us to give them control of our computer to fix it, it was a total hoax. I just called for the heck of it to see what their schpeel was.

It's popped up for me even when just viewing the board without logging in. DISBoards disappears from the tab's immediate history, and there will be over a dozen new pages in the history related to the redirects. I don't believe there's any virus or worm. It's just an annoying series of redirects.

You can fix that on a laptop or desktop by adding AdBlockPlus.

I'm trying to set up a similar adblocker program on my phone but so far that's not working. If anyone has tips, please fill me in. The DIS is almost unreadable on my phone lately.

This was talked about yesterday on here. I downloaded the ad blocker and it saids they have blocked 26 ads. It's been about 25-26 hours since i got the App. It's free

Hi. Im so happy i found this thread. The same thing keeps happening to me only when on the disboards. I get the same thing as you do.

Im on cruisecritic and fb and dont get the ad just dis.

18b731ba5088536062282eaafd1e71f9.jpg

No one is going to give you $1000 for simply answering some questions. It's simply not a good use of their money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter