Just "Wonder-ing"

mecook

Mouseketeer
Did the Wonder head for Nassau this afternoon, or did they have to back up and regroup due to Rita?
Melanie

No clue what they're doing but this is what Weather.com shows as the forecast for Nassau on Monday
Showery rains will be accompanied by heavy downpours, thunder, and strong gusty winds at times. High near 90F. Winds ENE at 35 to 50 mph. Rainfall possibly over two inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 60 mph late.
That doesn't sound like anything that would make a WONDERful port stop. Maybe we'll hear later. There isn't anything on the DCL website but I think they only put alerts there when the weather affects arrival and departure at PC.

Weather Update

As of 10:00 a.m. EST - September 19, 2005

We are currently monitoring Tropical Storm Rita very closely.

The latest predictions from the National Weather Service indicate the storm will travel between Key West and the northern edge of Cuba on its way into the Gulf of Mexico. At this time, we do not anticipate any changes in the upcoming voyages of the Disney Wonder or the Disney Magic.

The Disney Magic is currently enjoying a modified itinerary in the western Caribbean, and the Disney Wonder is on a 4-night sailing in the Bahamas.

The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. If necessary, our Captains are always prepared to alter the ships courses or itinerary to navigate away from inclement weather.

This is from their website. It doesn't sound like they have decided.

You would think that the seas would be rough at the least. Here in HOuston we are watching Rita carefully.

I also posted on another thread, but yes our itinerary was changed....sea day, nassau, then CC. Worked out fine for us.

I was onboard the Wonder also. The sea day went well. Captain Henry kept us in the sunshine, then , Monday evening it began to get rocky. We had 13-20 ft. seas (per bridge report on tv) and stong gale force winds. I guess we were catching up to the storms. Tuesday at Nassau was overcast with some sun and windy. Weds., we made it to CC and we had sun with showers and some thunder about once each hour. We just stayed on the beach while it rained. It still was a great trip!
Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter