Just won a trip to Universal!

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
My DH entered a contest and we won a trip for 4 to Universal for 3 nights and 4 days! It includes flight, Hotel (don't know which one yet paper work is coming on Mon), passes for both parks, and Limo ride to and from airport! Kinda cool huh.:cool1: We are Disney people and have always wanted to check out universal but never did. We have until May 2008 to book our trip. Holidays are blocked out. Any tips? Best months to go? I'm a pool person so I need warm weather. What restaraunts are good? What are the must see's/must do's? DH and kids like "adventure" rides but I don't like anything that puts me up real high...and then drops me down!:scared1: Would appreciate any input/tips you guys can give me. We will only have 3 nights and 4 days and I want to make the most of it! Thanks!

Lucky you!!!

I suggest you read the sticky at the top of the board to get some good basic ideas and then come back with questions. Busy times at Universal are the same as Disney.

congrats on winnng the trip.

now why can't i ever win one of those babies???

read the stickies above like damo posted.

i found that mid september, although it is still hot, is empty at the parks as well as january and parts of early november.

If you weren't too sold on weather, I'd say Jan/Feb would be best, but if you want warmer weather late Sept / early Oct maybe would be best. I'd do it all, you can easily fit all the rides in, take a day at each park and go from there.

I like May the parks are not that crowded and the weather is nice I was just there in Feb. 07 and it was cold they even closed wet n wild! Sept,Oct,a nd Nov are not bad either!

Wow, what a great trip to win. Congratulations.

I am just about to go on my third August trip to Universal - I would not recommen August, it's brutally hot and pretty busy with the kids still out of school. So don't be an idiot, like me and go in Sept/Oct or in the Spring :)

Go in Sept/Oct. Usually around 84 in October (last year hit a heat wave and it was 92). If you go in Oct you can hit Halloween Horror Nights also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter