Just wanted to share a few pics of my grandson's Halloween costume :)

The costume is adorable, and so is the grandson. :goodvibes

LOVE it, you did a fantastic job Gma! I'm betting Carter will play with his costume long after Halloween!! :goodvibes

Your love and pride just glow in every post for your sweet DGS!!!! What a blessed little boy, you too!! :lovestruc

We have 13 grand blessings, the youngest 8 some could always use some creative costumes if you're interested in a P/T job. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

LOVE it, you did a fantastic job Gma! I'm betting Carter will play with his costume long after Halloween!! :goodvibes

Your love and pride just glow in every post for your sweet DGS!!!! What a blessed little boy, you too!! :lovestruc

We have 13 grand blessings, the youngest 8 some could always use some creative costumes if you're interested in a P/T job. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Thanks so much for your kind words! Yeah, Carter is kind of a big deal around Gramma and Grampa's house!:lmao:

I always enjoyed doing arts and craft-type projects with my own three kids and I'm thrilled that I now have a grandchild to practice on.:) Actually, the costume I made is a basic model. I did some research online before making his costume, and came across a variety of Thomas trains. One even had dry ice in it so that it looked like steam coming out of its smokestack, and I saw one that had the Thomas train theme song piped into it.:eek:

I'm looking forward to next week when we bake and decorate Halloween cupcakes.:)

Just wanted to add an update.:)

We took Carter to a Halloween event at the University of Arizona last night. There is a block of shops and restaurants in the area that sponsored the event. Kids could trick-or-treat at all of the businesses and they could enter a costume contest. At the end of the event, the winners of the costume contest were posted in the windows of several of the shops.

Well, Carter's name was on the list of winners, but we have no idea what he won. All prizes will be mailed to the winner's home address. We know the prizes range from $50. gift certificates on down to other prizes. Guess we'll have to wait to see what he won.:laughing:

He had a lot of fun trick-or-treating and I have to say, the college kids got a big kick out of him. In one of the restaurants, Carter had a group of college girls fawning all over him. One of them asked if she could have her picture taken with him, another wanted to marry him and one of the girls wanted to take him home in her pocket.:rotfl: Carter took it all in stride. He's much too young to get a big head over all the adulation.:lmao:

We're heading down to a Halloween event later this evening in Carter's hometown. Being a grandparent is just the greatest thing!! We get to relive all the fun things that we participated in when our own kids were young!

Everywhere we went last night, the college kids were so good at interacting with all the little ones.:thumbsup2

How cute!!!! I am sure your Grandson Carter will enjoy Halloween as much as my Grandson Carter will!!! Good Job Gramma!!!

Carter is too cute, Luv. And his costume is a hoot, you are super at designing and making it. He sure is growing up. :cool1:

I think we have a firefighter, a Chewbacca and a lion, we'll see tomorrow.

Ok, luv, that is the best costume ever!!!!! I even showed DH and he was sooooo impressed as I think I have told you he is 'chief' of all the rail in SD County!!!! And as you may have guessed we love trains!!!! :thumbsup2

It definitely is a winner! Come back and update us on this thread Carter's prize!!! :dance3:

Way too cute! Great job on the costume!

You grandson is absolutely adorable in his train costume! I'll bet he gets lots of treats tonight.

Really cute costume, one of the best I've seen this year for a small child :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter