Just wanted to let you know.....

plutolover

Mouseketeer
That after reading these posts, you have made us want to definitly try Ft. Wilderness. The other boards(resorts) have been kind of negative about this resort area. They complain about how long it takes to get anywhere. So, I admit, I was hesitant, but now I am getting more and more excited. Afterall, it is a vacation. What is the rush? So, thanks to everyone on this board - you have given me a more positive outlook!!!!!! ;)

Let me just say that after 3 trips to Ft. Wilderness, we flew in and stayed at the Coronado last year. We will always stay at Ft. Wilderness after that expierience.
You are going to have some waits wherever you stay. At least at Ft. Wilderness you feel like you can get away from the crowd, and your camper feels a little like home instead of a motel room.
Believe this or not, when we were at he Coronado, we went to Ft. Wilderness just to sit in those big rocking chairs at Pioneer Hall and relax. It was wonderful.

You will love FW. You don't say when you are going but I'm sure you will have a good time. Our family looks forward to every trip we make there.

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}
cmprmov4.gif

its unfortunate that people complain about Fort Wilderness transportation, but t truely is not as bad as they say, from fort wilderess you can get directely to the magic kingdom by boat, when the MK closes and those montrous monorail lines its nice to know you can take a boat back which is a nice relaxing ride and you can sometimes see the electric water pageant.

We have a direct bus to Animal Kingdom / Blizzard beach. 2 bus routes continously go back and forth to the TTC where you can board a monorail for Epcot or a bus for MGM.

not to mention you have the Chip / Dale bus that constantly circles the campground. then the electric carts that are available for rent.

Don't let those negative comments scare you , it truely is a great resort, you will have a blast :D :D

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
>
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board

DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<center><Font Color=ff0066><Font size=4>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font></center>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

plutolover,
I also had some concerns about staying at FW, but we fell in LOVE with it!! My children had a great time at the petting farm, riding around in the golf cart, swimming, going to the beach, seeing the wildlife, and so much more. It is so peaceful and quiet. Trail's End Buffet was a great place to grab a bite to eat. We took the hayride one evening and the driver headed straight to the beach so we could watch the MK fireworks! We can't wait to go back.
I got a lot of information on Jeff Spencer's web site, you might want to check it out. http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/
Have a great trip!

We will not stay anywhere else, but Fort Wilderness. And you are right, it's the only place that you feel like you can get away (feel homey) and relax!!
It is truely our favorite place to camp!
We go again June 15-25th. Can't wait! Anyone else going in June???

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 & Kayla-8
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter