• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just want to say, we're here now and...

Just a tip for anyone arriving in the future.

There were CM's everywhere ready to help you either make FP+ times or change them and there are kiosks you can use too.

So your own personal devices are not the only option.

Just a suggestion. We were there at Thanksgiving, and once I turned my WiFi off and used cellular data, MDE worked much better. Hope it helps!:)

For us Canadians or anyone else travelling from abroad, we generally have to stick to wi-fi or else get trampled by ridiculously high data roaming fees. We can purchase data travel packs, but they too are often expensive for not a lot of data.

We just got back yesterday after 7 days at WDW. We went with friends, and none of us had very much luck with changing our FP's on our mobile devices. We got the "Blip in the system" message constantly.

We did, however, like having our FP's in advance so we didn't have to run to get them first thing in the mornings.

I am still here. I tried changing my Soarin to Norway fp+ and could not do it. The CM were trying to use my phone to do it and couldn't. We aren't using magic band for fp anymore.

Where are the kiosks?? Not very many since I only saw 1 in MK up by Tonys.

We are doing fine using old FP and on occasion, my DSs disability pass. Lines are not bad.

We just returned yesterday and DID also find it pretty crowded. We have been this week 2 times, 4 years ago and then 8 years ago. It is much more crowded than it was then. Many CMs also said it is much busier than it used to be when we talked to them.

MB were fine. I do like the concept, but hate the limit of 3 FP. Yes, you can still get a few paper FP if needed, but that may not be an option much longer. I also get nervous that my little kids are going to lose them.

The App worked fine most of the time on our phones.

I am still here. I tried changing my Soarin to Norway fp+ and could not do it. The CM were trying to use my phone to do it and couldn't. We aren't using magic band for fp anymore.

We are doing fine using old FP and on occasion, my DSs disability pass. Lines are not bad.

In Epcot future world, there is a kiosk right in front of Innoventions West on the main walkway. It's round and has computer touch screens all around it. There is usually a CM there to help you with the process. There might be another/more, but that's the only one that I had to use when I forgot to charge my phone battery the night before going to Epcot for the day.

It would seem that if you could use a kiosk to change a FP all you'd have to so is ask the nearest CM. There is never one that far away in any of the parks.

It would seem that if you could use a kiosk to change a FP all you'd have to so is ask the nearest CM. There is never one that far away in any of the parks.

A CM, sure. A CM with the necessary access to FP+, not so much.

Here today. Magic Kingdom. Have UT tickets, room keys from SSR and Mb's loaded with FP+ selections. Arrived at rope drop. Headed to space mountain, then buzz light year, thunder mountain and then pirates of the carribean. 0 wait for all. Then headed to FP machine and pulled 1 set of tickets with our KTW cards for Peter Pan- and another set of FP for Winnie the Pooh before walking straight in to Famtasmic. Headed out of Famtasmic and over to our FP+ thunder mountain time at 11am. Rode- then went to lunch with BOG lunch FP. After lunch, pulled FP for jungle cruise and dumbo. (With KTW and RFID tickets). Rode our tomorrowland raceway 2nd FP+ at 1pm then rode train around MK to get back to do dumbo. (At 1pm fast pass return times were being issued for 1 hr later on both.) Splash was down most of the day, but opened right before our FP+ window opened up. Was afraid the line would be crazy since they were honouring all FP times from earlier... But walked right on and pulled Another fast pass on the way out. (Still only an hour later for return time). went to laugh factory and then Walked over to journey of a little mermaid and got on in 10 mins... Headed to jungle cruise and then back to splash to use our last fast pass and now are sitting down for dinner at Crystal palace. Lines are backed up for FP entries but we never waited longer than it took to walk to the loading area once past the scanners. I know it's a low crowd/recommended park day, and I know we are fortunate to be able to double/triple dip... But for us this was the busiest and most action packed trip ever. We travel this week every year (for last 6 years) and it's been great.

We used a kiosk over by Peter Pan on our trip.

Here today. Magic Kingdom. Have UT tickets, room keys from SSR and Mb's loaded with FP+ selections. Arrived at rope drop. Headed to space mountain, then buzz light year, thunder mountain and then pirates of the carribean. 0 wait for all. Then headed to FP machine and pulled 1 set of tickets with our KTW cards for Peter Pan- and another set of FP for Winnie the Pooh before walking straight in to Famtasmic. Headed out of Famtasmic and over to our FP+ thunder mountain time at 11am. Rode- then went to lunch with BOG lunch FP. After lunch, pulled FP for jungle cruise and dumbo. (With KTW and RFID tickets). Rode our tomorrowland raceway 2nd FP+ at 1pm then rode train around MK to get back to do dumbo. (At 1pm fast pass return times were being issued for 1 hr later on both.) Splash was down most of the day, but opened right before our FP+ window opened up. Was afraid the line would be crazy since they were honouring all FP times from earlier... But walked right on and pulled Another fast pass on the way out. (Still only an hour later for return time). went to laugh factory and then Walked over to journey of a little mermaid and got on in 10 mins... Headed to jungle cruise and then back to splash to use our last fast pass and now are sitting down for dinner at Crystal palace. Lines are backed up for FP entries but we never waited longer than it took to walk to the loading area once past the scanners. I know it's a low crowd/recommended park day, and I know we are fortunate to be able to double/triple dip... But for us this was the busiest and most action packed trip ever. We travel this week every year (for last 6 years) and it's been great.

And it sounds like the biggest reason for that is you were able to still pull legacy FP's.

I fear that once those machines are pulled and there are only two choices left (Standby or an FP+ reservation), the experience will be quite different.

And it sounds like the biggest reason for that is you were able to still pull legacy FP's. I fear that once those machines are pulled and there are only two choices left (Standby or an FP+ reservation), the experience will be quite different.

100% agreed. But for THIS experience during a testing phase that still allows us to use both, it has been great. I totally understand that this isn't open to some, and most certainly will change- but I can only report on the experience we were privy too- and so far- so good.

And it sounds like the biggest reason for that is you were able to still pull legacy FP's.

I fear that once those machines are pulled and there are only two choices left (Standby or an FP+ reservation), the experience will be quite different.

Agreed! When I hovered over this post to read the first sentence I though, "I bet they are going to say that they loved FP+ because they got their ride reservations AND pulled FP-.

BINGO!

For the record, we were also at MK yesterday with no Magic Bands - staying offsite. We had the easiest experience getting to do absolutely everything we wanted with hardly any waits, as well. We only pulled 2 FP- and still had walk-ons or very short waits. I think a huge part of the positive experience from yesterday was that it was a recommended park (thanks Josh!!!) and not really the access to multiple forms of FPs.

And it sounds like the biggest reason for that is you were able to still pull legacy FP's. I fear that once those machines are pulled and there are only two choices left (Standby or an FP+ reservation), the experience will be quite different.

Ta Da.
I think there are a lot of visitors right now having the time of their lives getting to use multiple systems AND visiting in a slower season. This can't represent the future of touring as it is currently expected to roll out.

A CM, sure. A CM with the necessary access to FP+, not so much.

I agree with this! I wanted to change my FP+ from DHS to AK because we decided to change parks at the last minute. I was standing in AK and our apps wouldn't connect. I connected with a CM just inside the turnstiles and she informed me they cannot make changes like that (changing FP+ to different park) on thier ipads. I needed to go inside to Guest services. I was annoyed and we just made do with FP- and stand-by lines which weren't so bad.

We just got back and loved it, as well.

This wasn't one of our better trips, but it didn't have to do with MyMagic+.

MagicBands worked very well. We had a couple glitches here and there, but nothing that wasn't fixed pretty much immediately.

We had linking issues with UT tickets that we got fixed on day 1 at guest services.

We never use FP-, but used to this time and put it up directly against FP+. We still hated FP-, and we loved FP+. FP+ times were available all day, and we even booked FP+s a few times on the walk TO the ride. We booked Splash mountain on the walk there from Fantasyland and got on immediately mid day in 85+ degree weather. We only double dipped for two days before we went all out FP+ and left FP- in the past.

We used to glitch for FP+ on the last day just for the hell of it and got unlimited FP+s. FP+ was fine all by itself without using the glitches, though. We still aren't huge fans of the fastpass system, + or -...but the + system worked better for us. I understand the sky could fall in the near future, but it hasn't yet, and we liked it like this.

The thing we did notice with the new system is the FP lines were longer than normal. However, I think that was more about user error than anything. There were a lot of people who showed up too early for their FPs that were stubborn and wouldn't get out of the way. Plus, this was the dumbest, most rude Disney crowd I've ever seen.

The CMs need better training, because if you do have an issue, you get a different answer every time. You're just as well off asking fellow guests as you are asking a CM.

We just got back and loved it, as well.

This wasn't one of our better trips, but it didn't have to do with MyMagic+.MagicBands worked very well. We had a couple glitches here and there, but nothing that wasn't fixed pretty much immediately.

We had linking issues with UT tickets that we got fixed on day 1 at guest services.

We never use FP-, but used to this time and put it up directly against FP+. We still hated FP-, and we loved FP+. FP+ times were available all day, and we even booked FP+s a few times on the walk TO the ride. We booked Splash mountain on the walk there from Fantasyland and got on immediately mid day in 85+ degree weather. We only double dipped for two days before we went all out FP+ and left FP- in the past.

We used to glitch for FP+ on the last day just for the hell of it and got unlimited FP+s. FP+ was fine all by itself without using the glitches, though. We still aren't huge fans of the fastpass system, + or -...but the + system worked better for us. I understand the sky could fall in the near future, but it hasn't yet, and we liked it like this.

The thing we did notice with the new system is the FP lines were longer than normal. However, I think that was more about user error than anything. There were a lot of people who showed up too early for their FPs that were stubborn and wouldn't get out of the way. Plus, this was the dumbest, most rude Disney crowd I've ever seen.

The CMs need better training, because if you do have an issue, you get a different answer every time. You're just as well off asking fellow guests as you are asking a CM.

What caused this to not be one of your better trips? was it the rudeness of the other guests?

Also, your point about the cluelessness of som CMs and getting different answers about questions drives us absolutely bonkers, too.

I'm glad folks are having a good time, but as far as the experience...they also haven't brought on about half of their customers yet. Might look a lot different once they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter