just tried to book CR for Oct--already full???

tiggerstail

Earning My Ears
I just tried to book CR Oct 20, all that is open is club level, nothing else. What's going on that it is booked already????:confused3

When we tried to book for mid-May back in late November and early December the Contemporary was completely full as well. Doesn't answer your question specifically but at the time I was wondering the same thing as you are now.

Not sure, but thought I read something about rooms being saved for conventions???:confused3

I tried the same thing - for the end of Oct. Had the same result. I've heard that they block off rooms when a convention is scheduled and then they get released after the booking period for the convention has passed.

I just tried to book CR Oct 20, all that is open is club level, nothing else. What's going on that it is booked already????:confused3
As others have noted..CR is a convention resort and they will block out rooms so they pre-reserved for people expected to attend the convention at a specific convention rate. These arrangements have deadlines and once they pass the room will be released. The hard thing is you don't know the date unless you know the convention(s). It will pay to periodically check or work with a certified Disney Travel Agent who knows all the reservation games to manage this request for you.

CR blocks off rooms for conventions so it is possible something MAY open up.Keep in mind CR is also very popular.Also , garden wing rooms are harder to come by since they are the cheapest rates on the monorail line and there are fewer of them now.We tried to book it 1o months out and nothing was avail, then something came up 6 months out and by the time I tried to switch it was gone

Another recommendation is to book something you can live with for your trip if the CR doesn't become available and then keep checking.

Until I started reading these boards, I didn't realize that people book rooms
and then change or cancel so regularly. So now I take advantage of that fact. Although we do book room-only, so I'm not sure how this applies for packages.

We decided in late December we wanted to go for a long weekend in late January. The type of room I wanted at CR wasn't available. So I booked a less expensive room that I could live with and then kept checking. About 2 weeks before our trip, the room we wanted became available at CR so we changed our reservation.

The same thing has already started for our May trip. I booked on 2/5. The rooms we really wanted weren't avail. We booked "something." Yesterday, just 5 days later, rooms closer to what we wanted became available (and I'm talking 2 rooms for this trip). So last night I changed. And I'll keep checking to see if the rooms we REALLY want become available. :goodvibes

I agree it is probably due to a convention. Our family will be staying at the CR for a convention the end of July. We had a limited amount of time to make our reservations.

I also think it has to do with a convention, however if you keep checking online or calling eventually some rooms will become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter