• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just told that 2100 Loop will be Preferred Sites

I was hoping they would do some 2 bedroom cabins like they have at KOAs.

How could they be preferred sites, they are not near anything. Would like to see them be made Premium sites.

In-the-bunker thinking:

"Hey, those Preferred loops sell out pretty fast and stay full. More than the other types."

"Hey, the cabin loops run at a lower utilization and are not as full as some of the campsite types."

In-the-bunker solution: swap a cabin loop to a Preferred loop.

PaHunter nailed it. Nothing special about the location or the loop. So it should be a Full.

But that's less money for Disney. Even Captain Obvious can figure this out.

Take a bow, Captain Obvious...

l2JJHgjz1uaEncXew.gif

I would pitch a fit if they tried to assign me a site in 2100 and pass it off as Preferred.

Bama Ed

PS - if this happens, it has to rate among the DUMBEST decisions at the Fort in a long time...

PPS - I'm sure the General Manager of the Fort (who also has responsibility for Wilderness Lodge) has some sort of Profit/Loss target as part of his job description/annual evaluation and this is a part of the plan to reach that (with corporate approval, naturally). What a LOSING solution.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm not in the loop I guess... Are they demolishing cabins to make campsites?

The 2100 loop was originally a Preferred loop (a long time ago) and then the Cabins became very popular so the Fort put the Cabins in. If you look at the sites you can see that they once were for Rvs. Now that the RV sites are more popular than the Cabins they must have decided to change back. I had also heard this rumor but you guys know how they go.......

The 2100 loop was originally a Preferred loop (a long time ago) and then the Cabins became very popular so the Fort put the Cabins in. If you look at the sites you can see that they once were for Rvs. Now that the RV sites are more popular than the Cabins they must have decided to change back. I had also heard this rumor but you guys know how they go.......

Mike,

Weren't the Preferred loops long ago the loops other than Full and Tent? I had read in the Fort Wilderness Railroad book by David Leapheart that 2100 had been a camping loop many years ago.

Then Disney went with the cabins and converted 2100 in the process. Tent loops lacked the sewer hookup and the Full were more remote and the "Preferred" loops then were described as those full hookup loops more central to the Fort offerings.

With the conversion of many loops, when, in 2008 or so to Premium, the definition of a "Preferred" loop was changed because only 100-300 were left in that state. Now they were convenient to transportation and dining options. 2100 doesn't fit that description.

While the amenities might be the same as Full and Preferred in a future camping loop 2100, the location BY FAR is not comparable to the other Preferred loops. I'm not disagreeing with you that 2100 might of had at one time a Preferred label, only saying that the definition of that label has changed. So for Disney to reapply the label is disingenuous and a blatant money grab. I would wonder if they would include something unique/different in the loop to justify that label.

Hope I can find you later this month.

Bama Ed

PS - IIRC in the pre-Premium days some loops had cable tv and others (current Full and Tent?) didn't. So that might have distinguished categories apart from each other as well at some point in the past.

Last edited:
Reading this has left me with very mixed emotions. In 2011 we stayed in 2100 loop cabin for my wife's introductory visit to WDW. She loved it. Having those pads converted to camping sites is a good idea . Lots of extra space between site not too far from Meadow complex Cabin pool close as are internal bus routes

I know putting in some pull through sites would make a lot of people happy. (My husband included.) If they did that, they could REALLY squeeze some extra dough out of people. Pull-through sites by us go VERY quickly and for a premium.

Bama-Ed, When I heard the 2100 was going to be an RV loop again the person told me it was a preferred loop and probably would be again. I asked the same question you stated why preferred and not full it was not near the other preferred loops. They said that is what they were told by a CM that is used to be preferred. I just went with that, but since you brought it up also I have begun doing some research on what it was really labeled. I have not come up with anything yet but will and get back with you and everyone else if i find the real answer. What I have come up with is some really neat old maps and other things concerning the Fort. i really like researching old Fort stuff. Are you going to stay in the 400 loop again or just let me know where you are and we will try and stop by.

It would be neat to know the progression of the campground - how it's grown and changed. Wish I had paid more attention to it back in the 80s but those trips were only weekenders. The railroad book does talk about some expansion (adding loops etc) in passing.

I have a Preferred reserved (requested 100 loop) and arrive on Saturday March 19 and leave on the 30th. I'll put my site number in the group March trip report thread.

Bama Ed

We just spent a week in 2100 and enjoyed it. First time in the cabins. I will say there were a number of unoccupied cabins (this was the last week of January). My wife noticed an entire empty section while out on a jog (don't know which loop it was). Another cabin loop was completely closed for renovations. Guess they need to respond to where the demand lies.

I don't see this being a preferred loop. Unless you prefer to be close to the loudness that is the 2000 loop. It isn't near anything unless they are planning another pool or some sort of entertainment to be built in the near future.

If I saw it being a loop, then full hook up would be my guess, but that would depend on the depth and width of the sites. Would be the biggest "Doh!" from the Fort management since they removed the rocking chairs that time and put in those stupid high chairs and tables. At least they figured out how stupid that was...

Last edited:
I know putting in some pull through sites would make a lot of people happy. (My husband included.) If they did that, they could REALLY squeeze some extra dough out of people. Pull-through sites by us go VERY quickly and for a premium.

I would suspect that this is the way they will go, if they're smart. Personally I prefer a back-in, especially for anything longer than an overnight. But I know a lot of the really big rigs prefer or almost require a pull-through. However, I've only run or biked through that loop maybe twice, so I can't really remember the configuration and whether or not converting to pull-throughs would even be feasible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter