• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Just*The*Two*Of*Us Pretrip

pumpkinfish

<font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o
Pre-trip report:

We are another couple of WDW vets embarking on a trip to California to “visit family” aka use the visit to go to Disneyland. DH and I have been to WDW together more times than I can count. This is our first trip to DL as a couple. DH used to live in Cali and has been a few times, with the last trip occurring during his senior high trip. My only visit was in 1984 when the only memories I have are the fox from Pinocchio stealing my Roos Velcro sneaker and making me cry. If I can find that pic I will post it…quite comical now to think back, but it was the end of the world to me at the time. :scared1:

DH and I have wanted to head to Cali to visit family for a while now. I have my uncle and family living in LA and DH dad, sis, half-bro, and step-mom live in northern Cali. We see them once every other year or so. We of course want to see the family, but the added bonus of heading to Disney is there. Each year we say “we will plan for it next year”. “Next year” rolls around and the process starts over again. There had always been an excuse to go to WDW instead. First was the Flower and Garden Festival. Next was the Food and Wine Festival with MNSSHP two years in a row. There were also a few extra trips thrown in. :wizard:

In January 2007 it hit. DH and I were lying in bed one night and I told him I wanted to go to Disneyland. Of course once the words are uttered, we HAVE to begin “the process”. This consists of surveying the bank accounts and squeezing the most out of the dust leftover from our spending sprees of the holidays. We couldn’t sleep that night, and the next morning DH went to work at the $numbers$. See, he mans the bank accounts and I man everything else such as flights, hotel, tickets, time of year, requesting days off, packing, taking care of our fur-baby (Max is a mutt but we love him like I gave birth to him. He is also the spawn of Satan, but that’s another story). I don’t mind the role I was dealt. Like most people on the DIS, I am an obsessive planner. No longer do I wear the “commando style” hat like I did in the first two visits he and I have made to WDW, but I LOVE information and finding a good deal. There is something euphoric about searching for deals all night on the internet until you come across THE ONE! :worship:

More to come...stay tune to this trip of epic proportions! Or maybe something a little more on a smaller scale ;)

And so it continues!

As a quick sidenote, I really enjoy reading everyone's DisneyLand trip reports. It helped give me (and even DH some nights) insight on the experience we might come face to face with. You see, I do get sad after my trips. I always come back wanting to get this report out, begin writing it, and then give up because the memories make me want to go back. So hopefully with a positive attitude and maybe some encouragement from you all, this will become
THE FIRST COMPLETE TRIP REPORT...EVER! for pumpkinfish.

Ok, back to the planning.
I decided to try a few Disney travel companies to find quotes after not liking the prices straight off the Disney website. Later that night I asked DH if we were making the right decision going to DL instead of WDW (told you we always end up second guessing ourselves). But this time there was no excuse (except for the *sigh* Pirate Princess Party that was *sigh* going on at WDW the next two months). Since we had decided to go on vaca the last week of February (as my b-day present ;) ), I tried pricing how much it would cost for us to go to WDW for a week instead. Whoo! Ok, so staying at Paradise Pier for a week at DL would cost less than a week at WDW…and this included air fare, park hoppers, hotel. I knew it was meant to be when I caught some excellent fares through AirTran during the winter sale. Ok then. This was finally going to happen! I think the reason I was so surprised is we have had APs in the past and thus our trips were a LOT cheaper at WDW. But...it IS worth it!

We planned our trip for February 24-March 3. I heard back from Dreams Unlimited and the plans began to fall into place. We spoke with DH’s family and they would be joining us the last half of the trip. Only his father and bro would be joining us though, since his step-mom had enough with DL (for life she added) and his sis had to work and couldn’t get the time off. They decided to arrive late Tuesday night and meet up with us Wednesday morning.

:dance3: 13 Days and counting!!:woohoo:

11 days until it begins!

You would have thought the heavens shone through onto us when our vacation package from Disney arrived! I opened up the UPS box and stared at the neat package that sat on my lap. You know that scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphie receives his decoder ring in the mail? He salivates and stares…heart racing…adrenaline pumping! Basically that is how I was feeling. My hands were slightly sweaty. I carefully undid the closure and the package sprang open! It was packed full of goodies for my trip. Oh joy of joys! Inside I lightly look through the documents. DH came in from walking the dog and we sat there and went through each piece. My favorite part was the park hoppers with the picture of Mickey smiling with his arms reaching out saying “thank you for giving your money…come play with me”. I wanted to jump into the picture and be there right then! Thank goodness DH was there to hold me back.

That same day I also heard back that my PS’s I asked for through Dreams Unlimited worked out. The only thing left on my mind was figuring out the tours. I knew that being there one week might make us edgy. We are used to jumping around 4 parks, DTD, and Pleasure Island during 8 days. At DL we had 2 parks and DTD. As positive as I usually am, I was kinda skeptical that we might…*gasp* get bored. DH and I had discussed taking the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps and the basic Disneyland tours. My goal is to make the ressies Friday February 23. That’s right. We would be living on the edge by making the ressies one day before we left! But that’s how we roll ;)

I feel now would be a good time to bring the cast center stage and give them their 15 minutes of fame:

DH- aka Goofy in the flesh.
Age: older than 28, younger than 30. He isn’t so excited about his birthday this year and approaching this new milestone makes him depressed.
Wants to become a fireman and has been working himself to death the last 10 months to achieve this dream. The profession runs in the family and it is his way of giving back to the community. Currently he is in retail management and wants to get more out of life.
Favorite rides at both Disney resorts (WDW and DL since he has visited both several times) include Haunted Mansion, POTC, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest.
Favorite character is goofy, hands down. We often play a game while in the parks, of which character would you be. He is always either Brer Bear or Goofy or Baloo. It might have something to do with him being 6’4.
Loves all characters. Doesn’t mind interacting with them. Enjoys taking pictures of theming throughout the Disney parks. Favorite part of our trips together is just strolling down Main Street hand-in-hand and soaking up the atmosphere. The one place where he has no problem forking over any given amount of money without a second thought. “What, the Kungaloosh is $8 without including tip?! Bring another round!” happens only at Disney. Normally the only other time we go out for drinks is during $2 pint night at the local bar. DH is a kid at heart, no question. Although rather reserved in his daily life, he gets energized and active during our Disney trips. He will hop, skip, jump, twirl (oops, please don’t tell him I told you) from ride to ride…park to park. I was very VERY lucky to find a man who loved and appreciated Disney as much as I do.

*drum roll*
Me: Princess in waiting. Actually, I would be a pirate AND a princess if I could. I am like Belle and Ariel because of my thirst for knowledge and love of my family. I cry every time Belle is locked in the castle missing her father. And Ariel has such innocence and energy about her. I do like to consider myself pure because I try to find the good in everyone.
Age: younger than DH, but older than 27. Excited to announce I am celebrating my b-day in Disney once again!
Favorite character: Love Tink! Also as stated above I love Belle. Others include (but certainly not limited to) Mary Poppins, Snow White, Beast, Thumper, Brer Bear, Green Army Men (are they not the funniest when you are at MGM?!?), and face character of Cruella De Ville.
I should also mention how highly emotional I am. What I lack in memory I make up for in emotions. When I love something, I LOVE it. When I want something, I WANTed it 5 minutes ago. Know what I mean? Also this means when I am upset with DH, I am REALLY upset and feel like a steam whistle ready to blow! But in no way do I have a temper problem. I keep the anger inside and blow out patience. If you were married to my husband, you would need lots of patience yourself.
About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis). I have been through many downs and a few ups since then. My disease will never get better, but I do take medications to slow it down. Only during two trips have we rented a wheelchair. Pride often takes over, and thus we have to make several stops during the day to rest my joints. Mainly my knees are the worst, but my wrists get tender at times. I also hate the way some people look at you when you are in a wheelchair. I do look perfectly healthy on the outside. In fact, I feel perfectly healthy, except when I get run-down, or my knees decide to not work properly. But I have expressed my views on this subject many times. Remember, happy thoughts! This may be why DH and I try to enjoy ourselves so much. You never know what tomorrow may bring.
Ok, back to Disney! While visiting Disney, I turn into a little kid. Ok, so I kinda act young anyways. Well what others call “young” I feel is just exuding happiness. I love wearing pigtails; I love being happy; I love making others happy. I don’t usually care what others think. I have no problem making a spectacle of myself in front of two people or even a crowd. Basically I love life! But I think while at Disney I become more reserved. I tend to soak in all the senses. I love to close my eyes and smell the aromas of Splash. I love to go to Tom Sawyer’s Island and sit in the fort watching the children running around. Oh yes, you best believe DH and I are climbing the ladders and running through the tunnels too! But I will then just sit and observe. Did I mention I love people?! One of my fondest memories is from last year’s visit to WDW. DH and I were on our 5 day and slowing down a bit. My knees were slightly swollen and feet tired. We went over to TSI and sat by Aunt Polly’s in the rocking chairs. Don’t you know I fell asleep?! I was so relaxed and felt so at ease with where I was. Usually, I am to busy trying to notice everything and not miss a moment. But after so many trips, WDW became home and second nature. I could hear the wolf howl at HM and the Liberty Belle churning past. THAT is Disney to me.

Ok, so that’s us in a nutshell. The Cliff’s Notes for what you just read is as follows: DH-reserved in daily life, crack-head on Disney vacations. Loves his wife so much he never gripes when she brings out the pouty lip. Me: bundle full of energy during daily life, more reserved during Disney vacations. Loves information and being in control. We have no children because we love to travel to Disney so often, and because God hasn’t blessed us with a little one yet.
We are now at less than two weeks, and I wake up every day wondering if we are there yet!

Pumpkinfish…please note that I have read your pre-trip report and await your post-trip report. You WILL finish this ! ! ! (this last sentence is to be spoken in your head by Cruella De Ville)

Oh and by the way on the “Character photo” board you posted your story about the fox. And I posted back his name. Thought you’d want to know that his name is Worthington Foulfellow. He’s the one that lures bad boys to Pleasure Island. Kungaloosh !

Pumpkinfish…please note that I have read your pre-trip report and await your post-trip report. You WILL finish this ! ! ! (this last sentence is to be spoken in your head by Cruella De Ville)

Oh and by the way on the “Character photo” board you posted your story about the fox. And I posted back his name. Thought you’d want to know that his name is Worthington Foulfellow. He’s the one that lures bad boys to Pleasure Island. Kungaloosh !

Ah, yes! That's right! That Foulfellow is bad news I tell ya! Thanks for that update...stay tuned to more pretrip as the vaca gets closer!

And thanks for the encouargement for the writing. I am feeling good about it right now, so I hope it continues! :wizard:

Yay!! I just found out that you had a trip report going today. :cool1: Once i get off work this is the first thing that i'm going to read. I've read the first part and i am loving it so far, i cannot wait to hear about your adventures! And i am certain that you will finish your trip report as i intend to pm you and stalk you until you do.

Yay!! I just found out that you had a trip report going today. :cool1: Once i get off work this is the first thing that i'm going to read. I've read the first part and i am loving it so far, i cannot wait to hear about your adventures! And i am certain that you will finish your trip report as i intend to pm you and stalk you until you do.

You are so awesome churro-girl...I mean Pooh! ;) I really needed that tonight considering I am sitting here with a 102 degree fever. And it stinks!:sick:
I swear I have never come across such wonderful stalkers as I have here in the DL forums!

We're disney stalkers, not scary at all. From what i've seen and read on the boards, mostly stalkers armed with fruit snacks and passporters. Not very scary at all.

I do hope you feel better, it stinks to be sick. Get some rest and remember YOUR GOING TO DISNEYLAND. I'll give you some slack today, but only cause your sick. :rotfl:

I'm so jealous, you get a whole *counts* 8 days at disney, and i pouted and whined my way into only 3. Pumpkin you are the master and one day i hope to mold my hubby into a disney freak as well.

I'm sure that you'll not be bored, we went commando for 3 days and was never bored, there are tons of things to do, and with that many days you can take it easy and slow (good for your knees) and not miss out on anything.

What's the 2nd to best part about a trip? Well, about the trip before you leave? That's right! To all those that said the countdown, you are winners! (not weiners). Hey, btw...back in the day, I remember when we had to use our fingers to count on for the countdown...now we all have these nifty countdown clocks in our sigs and on our computers. As a side note (gotta love my sde-notes!), when people talk about back in the day, it is funny how it is always a Wednesday. Gotta love my Dane (before he was a sellout).
Ok, moooooooving on!

Countdown. Tonight we stand at t-minus 9 days. Heck, you know what, it is almost tomorrow already, so let's just say 8 days. Ok, so like I was stating earlier, I love countdowns. Once you break into the double digits life is grand! Then you move into heaven and the clouds with single digits :banana: so you bring out Mr. BANANNA and his grooving self. Um, btw #2, why a bananna? Why not a tomato? It's a fruit too! Plus it would add more color. You can never go wrong with splashes of red!

Countdown. When is a countdown not a good thing? Basically, it is my honest opinion that once you are at less than 7 days it gets scary. First off, you are so excited that the time is almost here! All your planning, and staying up with toothpicks to keep your eyelids from closing trying to nab that last deal...it pays off and you get to reap what you sow. BUT (no butt except mine and yours...ok...tmi! Go ask DH, I'm sure he would love to tell THAT story), when you are at less than 7 days you begin your sentences with "In one week, we will be riding Pirates!" or "In one week from right now, what will we be doing?". This is where it gets bittersweet. Because that means you are one day closer to your trip being over. Wait, now that I just re-read that thought I typed out, it seems I may be the only one who feels like that. Well, count that two (adding DH). See, as we begin the "less than 7 day countdown", we also begin "our trip will be over in (insert number of days remaining) days". I really do enjoy the planning stages. Usually the only thing that keeps me going after a trip is over, is begining my planning of the next trip. Sadly, a few days after we come back from this trip, DH enters his final stages of the fireman exam for a nearby city. We know he will make it. He was built to be a fireman (hubba hubba ladies ;) ). So WHEN he gets this job, we know we will be sacrificing our next usual vacations due to him being in school and starting rotation.:firefight <--- funny how this little guy looks JUST like my DH!
So yeah. I guess I will be pouring myself into the trip report upon my return. I know I won't want to do any work at my job so instead I will be opening my Word document and typing away. Keep encouraging. I have no problem asking for help when I am down :woohoo:

And to update my sickness situation, I am doing much better. The fever is down from the 100s finally. I did go back to work todayonly to fall asleep at my desk. I haven't really been sleeping a lot lately. Stuffy AND runny nose...at the same time!?!? This must be a super-bug! OH! And I almost forgot the BEST part! So we were watching the Today show this morning when we (ok, everytime you see "we" just know I mean me and DH) saw they recalled Peter Pan peanut butter because of possible salmonella contamination. Ha! Isn't that funny. That's the peanut butter I use! Ha! And to think I eat my peanut butter and grape jam sandwhiches every day (sometimes twice and three times!). Ha! Ironic I tell ya. DH gets up to check our jar and....YUP! 2111 in bold numbers. We heard that the sequence number that begins with 2111 could be contaminated. I ended up calling my mother and she had 3 jars in her cupboard: a sugar-free for herself, a regular, and a Great Value (Walmart brand of Peter Pan).
So then she started her mom speech that I should get myself checked out because there might be something wrong with me and yadda yadda yadda. I love her for loving me like that. See, as thoughtful and loving as DH is, when he checked our jar he said "Man! Now I have to buy a brand new jar!" instead of "Oh baby! Let's get you to the doctor in case you are sick with this". I love men! Love 'em love 'em love 'em...sometimes.
Well of course I knew I was fine since the only symptom I had of the ones listed was fever. That's it. So I know I have a stupid cold that caused me to also lose my voice tonight. Gotta love the hoarse voice while coughing. Ok, time for bed since I know I am just rambling on. Good night everyone! It's all about Welch's grape jam sandwiches for dinner!

Next week I will discuss our extreme-sporting event of PACKING! popcorn::

You guys are going to have an ab-fab time, I just know it! (Insert any and/or all dancing fruit that makes you happy:) ). Pixie Dust to you to get rid of the cold and fever, we want you in tip top shape for the big trip - can't wait for the next trip report installment!

LOL…. Yep… I have a kids coloring page on my wall at work that has to do with Mardi Gras. On the bottom I have written “5 weeks 6 5 4 3 2 1 days”. Today I have the 6 crossed out, as I have 5 weeks and 5 days until I leave on vacation in New Orleans. In 5 weeks and five days I will be on an airplane. In 6 weeks and 5 days I will be visiting plantations. But unlike you I DON”T say in 7 weeks and 5 days I will be back at work ! !

Hope you get better FAST… It’s a bummer being sick on vacation. And very happy to hear no “2111 trots” for you.

I really hope it's nothing but the common cold, Lol at what your DH said. I do hope your feeling better, I have a little story for you too!, I hurt my lower back the other day at work, and dbf came over to visit me with chicken soup. I was confused, so i told him "thanks hon, but i hurt my back, soup is for when your sick" and he was like "oh..." It was a very sweet thought though so he stilll gets points!

Now pumpkin, i've waited and waited and where is this post about packing! You better get to it! or else i'll be forced to send a group of tantruming children demanding 7 dollar balloons your way! :cool1:

Alright. I felt an update was due considering the info I found out yesterday while at the doctor. So you know that lovely 102.5 degree fever I had earlier in the week? You know, the one that made me feel like my life was ending? The one I had to take 3 showers a day to cool my body temp down? The one where I went to work the next day? Yeah…that one. So I guess I should have gone to the doctor right away. Yesterday my father came by to take me to get checked out. A cough formed and it was bad. I was informed I had *dum dum DUM* THE FLU (*echoes in background).

No way Jose! How can this be??! I got my flu shot this year! Actually, this would be the FIRST year I got my flu shot. And also the FIRST time I got the flu. Yay me! But after the doc swabbed my left nostril (turn away now if you are eating…I’m about to get descriptive…turn away…turn away…not looking? Great! The doc asked which nose had the most um…goop? I blew in a tissue and told him the left). So yeah, he swabbed the left nostril and it burned like heck! He came back after 20 minutes and said “Guess what…you are negative!” So it wasn’t the flu?! Well I guess it is a strain of the flu but not the full thing. I told him to give me something to make me pass out and sleep until next week. I knew I wasn’t getting better because I hadn’t been sleeping at all and my body had no way of fighting the virus. He prescribed some cough syrup that he said tasted like pineapple (good, because I cannot handle cherry flavor---don’t ask!) and had codine in it if that was ok. I said heck ya! I will sleep so good :goodvibes

So I took the medicine last night and slept 13.5 hours. I woke up feeling so good! Ok, woozy but 1. not sneezing 2. no runny nose 3. no fever 4. no coughing. I felt REALLY good! Another thing about the medicine, it tasted like a dole whip and pina coloda mixed! Every time I take a dose I think of Disney and little drink umbrellas! We really need little dole whip icons on the boards! Hmmm... this is the closest concoction I can come up with --->> :mickeybar + :drinking1 = :cloud9: princess: :cloud9:

I did make sure to ask the doc about the upcoming trip. He said I should be fine. Well of course I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be infecting anyone else, but also I want to be 110% again. The only way to spend a vacation is being able to be yourself! Like everyone else knows, it is not fun being sick at Disney! (Universal maybe ;) But not Disney! )

So back to the pre-trip report. After I returned to bed from taking my medicine this morning, DH and I started talking about the trip a little. I told him in one week we would be sitting in ATL waiting for our flight. I got really giddy at that point, and probably would have begun jumping on the bed if not for the dizziness the medicine causes. I told him we needed to begin packing. He said we need to begin laundry before the packing began. 10 hours has almost passed since that convo…ask me how much laundry has gotten washed. Bingo! None! LOL! That’s ok. I will work on it tomorrow. That means I will continue to lay here on the couch and instruct DH on which load to do next. We have an agreement in our marriage that when it comes to my laundry, I will do my own. He once dried an entire load of expensive delicates, so every since that horrendous evening, we do our laundry separately.
Back on track! While in bed this morning, during my drug-induced haze, I thought about my dog and Disney. Max (our fur-baby :dogdance: ) was up on the bed in between us, allowing us to rub his belly. Max had his head on my arm staring up at me, loving the attention. He looked so adorable. He has these huge brown eyes that melt your heart! Anyways, I was thinking how much Max would enjoy Disney! I wish we could have him tag along and get pictures with the characters. So as I stared into his big eyes, I pictured him sniffing Pluto, smiling (yes, I did say smiling…animals DO smile!) between Mickey and Minnie, and licking Cinderella. Of course this is an absurd day-dream and never would actually happen…but it was my instant thought since we don’t have kids.

So the game plan for tomorrow is to begin the packing. I really have no idea what to pack. Audience participation at this point is welcomed! Feel free to jump in with suggestions. We plan on each bringing our own personal carry-on rolling suitcase plus one large fabric suitcase. We did this when we went to Vegas and had plenty of room. The only reason I am worried about room at this point, is we are used to packing for warm weather. Tank tops and capris don’t take up a lot of room on my part. I usually pack two zip up sweaters to throw on when we go into A/C buildings. When we head to WDW, we don’t bring home many souvies because of the frequency of our visits. But this time will be different! We are celebrating my b-day, so I will be shopping. Oh yes…I will be shopping! I also told DH not to buy me a real b-day present at home, and to just scope out something while we are there to get me. Also, this will be our first trip to DL together so that means we have to buy stuff to mark the occasion. And the weather is still cool out there right now. I know the evenings get chilly. Plus I will want to keep bundled since my body will still be recouping from being sick.
Ok folks. Time to go rest some more. :angel:

Our Max:
f150cf25.jpg

My first picture of the trip! LOL! Ok, maybe not but I wanted you all to see him. Here is another one of him looking less like Satan:
ede2b41d.jpg

Yay to feeling better! And yes if you have to be sick, universal is the place to do it, not disney. :yay: Mm, dole whip flavored medicine? i think it's time i change doctors, its always cherry which is gross or something disgusting like banana. Packing wise, i remember wearing a sweater all day during jan 27ish area, and it was fine. the weather i had was overcast though with periods of sun, so once in awhile it would be too warm for the sweater but mostly it was good. Not to mention when it got dark, it was kinda chilly. Bring some poncho's, great if it rains and for grizzly river run. Besides that i can't really think of anything else, cept camera's and the charger and have tons and tons of fun!

YAY! We're gonna be there at the same time and I'm doing a TR too! Not doing a pre trip though. Last time I started 40 days before the trip and it got to be crazy. We'll be there the 23-27th. Mostly the 23rd is our road trip day though. Maybe I'll run into ya!

6 more days!!!!! I feel a little cold coming on. You didn't sneeze on your keyboard, did you? ;)

Really nice to meetcha. I'm excited to read your TR!

YAY! We're gonna be there at the same time and I'm doing a TR too! Not doing a pre trip though. Last time I started 40 days before the trip and it got to be crazy. We'll be there the 23-27th. Mostly the 23rd is our road trip day though. Maybe I'll run into ya!

6 more days!!!!! I feel a little cold coming on. You didn't sneeze on your keyboard, did you? ;)

Really nice to meetcha. I'm excited to read your TR!

Awesome to meet you Mama! You are a living legend around the Dis ;) I have read your 40 day pretrip report LOL and you are freakin crazy woman! :goodvibes But crazy is all right in my book. Hope you are enjoying your venture over here to the DL boards. I know I have made this place my 2nd home these past 41 days. Great bunch of people over here! It's quite cozy actually!
And there is no way you are feeling any type of virus coming from here! I have dipped my laptop in a tub of Lysol, and then heated it in boiling water with bleach. This is an anti-sickie zone! (Read: anti-SICKIE, not HICKEY...there are no guarantees around here with that one! :love: ). I hope we do run into you. I will have to find a pic of DH and I so you can see who to look out for. I know to find you with the case of diet Pepsi under your arm!

*ETA pics of both DH and myself at WDW:
f2d8a321.jpg
f2d89d76.jpg

Oh my gosh!!! As I'm reading your pre-trip report, I'm thinking "did I write this?" I must be your long-lost fat twin! LOL

We are so much alike, even our hubbies are alike, but mine is fat and is an investigator for Child Protective Services! We are trying to lose weight, so maybe one day we will look more like you guys. :thumbsup2

We have been to WDW 3 times now, and we will be going to DL for my birthday, too. We also do the "in one week we will be (fill in the blank)". We even do the "our trip will be over in ___ days" before we go. I actually got kinda sad before we left for our last trip, knowing it would be over too soon.

I have a fur-baby, too. A cat named Noel who we sometimes call "Crack-Kitty" :hyper:

Instead of RA, I had a really bad blood clot 2 years ago, so if I do too much walking, my left leg gets really swollen. We have to take it easy at the parks.

DH's fave character is Goofy. Mine are Cinderella and Lilo, but I am definitely a princess! princess:

And I don't know about you, but Christmas Story is one of my all-time favortie movies! LOL I love Ralphie! "Be sure... to drink... your... Ovaltine? It's a crummy commercial? Son of a -itch!" :lmao: I have a cousin who looks just like Farcus!

Anyways, hope you're feeling better! :flower3: Have a great trip, and I can't wait to read more....

Hey Princess! It's nice to meet you :)
It's funny because when I was showing DH your TR yesterday and showed him you were from VA Beach and pointed you out. He laughed at your sig pic (the other one you had up) and said "Hey, they are just like us!" lol. The "I don't ever want to leave Disney pout" pic you two took was priceless!
Nice to see someone else out there understands my humor...and "our" way of thinking at times. Speaking of which, I need to go read your TR update ;)

LOL! I am getting excited about your trip!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Just 4 more sleeps!

So have you decided on any restaurants ADRs? We have already paid for our Lilo and Stitch breakfast, and I think we are also going to make ADRs for Goofy's Kitchen for my birthday dinner and Blue Bayou for our first night.

And was it you that mentioned going on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour or was that someone else? I am debating it instead of Knott's Berry Farm. I read some recent reviews that KBF is going downhill... dirty, bad service, etc.

Anyways, talk to ya soon!

I’m thinking it might be a good idea to go to Knott’s this weekend instead of Disneyland/DCA.

With you guys and the Utah clan there I’m not sure it is going to be safe.

Hope you enjoy your trip and look forward to you “FINISHING” your trip report when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter