just the starter?

binkyboots

Evil Pastry
I'm busy planning our adr's (no dining plan here) and working out what if anything I can eat from the menus...

dh can eat a normal meal, but I need tiny portions, I get very bored eating from the kiddie menu and would like to just order a starter and request that it arrives with dh's main course.

do you think this would be ok? obviously buffet style doesn't work for us (though we will do a couple of character breakfasts)

You absolutely can just order an appetizer and have that as your "meal". Just tell the waiter that you are having that as your meal and want it to arrive with the other dinner(s).

If I want to have dessert I only order an appetizer for my meal. There's no way I can eat a full meal and dessert. You won't have any problem.

My 23 y/o DD does this all the time. She can't eat all that food on an entree so she gets an appetizer. Honestly I think most appetizers are better then most entrees anyway! We actually did this at Kona's in July. There was my mom and myself. Kona's doesn't have the tastiest entrees but their appetizers are delicious. We ordered 3 appetizers between us and saved room for dessert too!

DaisyD said:
We actually did this at Kona's in July. There was my mom and myself. Kona's doesn't have the tastiest entrees but their appetizers are delicious.

I'm so surprised to see you say that ~ We love Kona :) and schedule at least one dinner there each trip. Kona has a great selection of entrees ... the Macadamia Mahi Mahi is especially good.

CPer'sMom said:

I'm so surprised to see you say that ~ We love Kona :) and schedule at least one dinner there each trip. Kona has a great selection of entrees ... the Macadamia Mahi Mahi is especially good.

We used to love the entrees at Kona's but some have fallen in taste. The last two times I've had the mahi mahi it was beyond fishy. So much so that I sent it back and got something else. That used to be my favorite dish, espcially when they served it with the wasabi mashed potatoes. Not so anymore. The filet has gotten quite mealy too. It was the flavor and texture of liver last time I got it. The seafood chowder is absolutely delicious along with the appetizers so I stick with them. Kona's used to be our favorite but after those bombs it has gone down our list of must do's. We do have is scheduled for next month but it is for lunch for burgers and chowder. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter