• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just the four of us?

katie424kali

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all! This is my first attempt at a PTR/TR. I have decided to start one as an outlet for all my pent up Disney energy and as a way to keep my thoughts organized. I hope some of you will come along for the journey!

I'll start with the 5 W's and the H that sometimes gets left out. (I'm sure my 5th grade English teacher would be proud)

The Who: Just the four of us. We have never been on any vacation, ever, that was just the four of us. Before YDD, we had never even been on one just the three of us. We always have at least one of our parents, siblings, or friends with us. Sometimes all of the above. I am so looking forward to it just being us. I'm also a little nervous...

Me-Katie 32
Occupation-Part time Med Tech/SAHM
Times to WDW-30+
Favorite Ride-Peter Pan's Flight
Favorite Disney Movie-Lady and the Tramp

DH-Daniel 31
Occupation-Engineer
Times to WDW-About 10
Favorite Ride-Thunder Mountain
Favorite Disney Movie-The Incredibles and Meet the Robinsons

ODD-Rosie 4
Occupation-Part time Pre-K'er/Kitten/Mermaid (She's busy)
Times to WDW-13
Favorite Ride-Splash Mountain
Favorite Disney Movie-The Nightmare Before Christmas

YDD-Minnie 1
Occupation-Cutest toddler ever
Times to WDW-4
Favorite Ride-Which ever she is on at the time
Favorite Disney Movie-Frozen

The What: A WDW vacation. Originally, we were booked at HHI for New Year's but when Minnie started to really get into Frozen and Mickey, I felt bad using our DVC points and not taking her to the parks. So, I cancelled HHI and started planning for WDW!

The Where: BLT 1 bedroom TPV. Our home resort. We have only stayed there once, for Rosie's 2nd birthday in 2012. I really wanted to stay at VGF but Daniel said we should let Rosie pick. I let her look through pictures and videos of all the DVC resorts and she chose BLT so she could watch the monorail. Daniel said if we are going to BLT we might as well get a TPV. It's nice getting a little help from them in the planning department this time around.

The When: 4/12-4/18. We wanted to avoid Easter/Spring Break as much as possible but still catch some of the more mild weather. This the last time we can go without worrying about Rosie missing school. Luckily, BLT still had plenty of availability for our dates when we got around to booking at about the 6 month mark.

The Why: For our girls.

Rosie loves to travel and WDW is her favorite place. She is full of light all the time but her light shines brightest at Disney.

Minnie is really starting to recognize characters. She loves to watch youtube videos of meet and greets. I'm excited to bring her and see her reactions to everything now that she can interact more.

We also had some points that needed to be used. I quit my full time job to stay home with Rosie right before I found out we were expecting Minnie. Since then, due to my smaller salary, our trips to WDW have been shorter and more spread out and we haven't really used our DVC points as much as we would like.

The How: We are staying on banked and current UY DVC points. We purchased $199 DVC special tickets with Disney gift cards we got for Christmas. I plan to purchase the TIW card for dining instead of going with the dining plan.

As for the mode of travel, that will be by car. Or, since my car is super tiny and Daniel has a single cab truck, we will likely borrow my grandparents van. Hooray for an extra seat in the back to nap in on the 10+ hour drive from Louisiana to WDW!

That's all for now. I will be back soon to post about our ADR's and FP+'s, which have all been reserved and selected.

Now that I have gotten out some of that Disney energy I was talking about, maybe I can sleep. My alarm clock will be going of in 5 short hours...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter