Just stayed @ POP, loved it! Thinking about staying @ CBR next time. Is it worth $?

Twinkerbell's Mom

My reason for EVERYTHING!
I've got a question for all of you POP lovers that have also stayed at CBR. My family & I had our 1st onsite visit in May @ POP. :love: We had a great time there! Planning a 10 night stay in 2009 & can't decide if we should spend the extra money for CBR or return to POP.

What's your opinion? Are the amenities that the moderates offer really worth the extra $1,000 it will cost to stay there?

TIA for all your help!! :disrocks:

We love POP. This time we asked for a preferred room Waiting to see if we like that better than the other ones. My kids don't want to stay anywhere else. The money you save, can be spent on other things.
Think about it, what do you use the hotel for. A quick bite, swim and sleep. Pop is wonderful! :yay:

How much time did you spend at the resort? What is nice about the mods, including CBR is they have slides at the pool that kids love. And they also have a hot tub which is nice. The rooms are also a little bit bigger. If you tend to use the hotel pretty much only to sleep, I say go with Pop.

I stay at Mostly values due to this reason, I am pretty much there only to sleep and I am more on a budget and can't always afford a mod.

I have to say that while I love the value resorts for the price, spending a bit extra for a moderate is worth it.
The moderates provide a fridge and a coffee pot in the room, they have hot tubs, they have luggage service that fits your schedule and you do not have to schlep your luggage across the resort.
The rooms are bigger, and even going solo I enjoyed the extra room.
While the values have the themeing that kids enjoy, the themeing of the moderates is more laid back and in my opinion more relaxing.
You can rent various types of boats and bikes at the CBR, and they have the beach area where you can relax on the hammocks or the kids can play in the sand.
With a 10 day stay the extra expense is a lot, but I think that you will probably have more down time and you will be able to enjoy everything that the CBR has to offer.

The rooms at CBR are the biggest among the moderate resorts. Thye are almost the exact size of the rooms at AKL and WL. I think a bit more space might be nice. I think CBR looks much more relaxing than Pop. We stayed at Pop for a weekend in March and it was fine but DH and I like to relax a bit more on longer trips so we usually stay deluxe. For our fall trip I booked a moderate though :goodvibes .

Go for it if you can. I am all for trying new resorts but I understand about loving the POP because I do also. 10 nights is a long time, why not pick a resort you can unwind at a little better than the POP?? Good luck.

Have stay at many disney resorts, sure I would stay at one of the deluxe resorts again, but too much money now that i have married and had kids. But I think that if you not staying at a deluxe, POP is really not different too me that the moderates. Also POP is so clean. Maybe if you were asking about the all stars I would not have that same advice.

pixiedust: Have a magical day

We have not stayed at POP but we have stayed at ASMo and CBR. In our opinion CBR is worth the extra $400 we spent on the room. It is much more relaxing than the values. It is just quieter and, well I guess, relaxing.:goodvibes I'm not saying that we will never stay at a value again, but for us, we are willing to pay out a little more for a relaxing stay. Being comfortable is just as important to us as the parks. Plus the mods have a frige and a coffee maker in the room. If you pay $10 a night to rent a frige, then you are paying some of the difference there.
Everyone on these boards have differing opinions. That is what makes them so great. Everyone is unique in what their wants and needs are.
Have a great trip.

We love POP. This time we asked for a preferred room Waiting to see if we like that better than the other ones. My kids don't want to stay anywhere else. The money you save, can be spent on other things.
Think about it, what do you use the hotel for. A quick bite, swim and sleep. Pop is wonderful! :yay:

We had a preferred room, on the 4th floor, facing the Hippy Dippy pool. I was concerned because I read so many complaints about the pool area being noisy & the rooms not being very soundproof. NEVER heard a thing! Didn't even know we had neighbors!! I'm sure you will have a great time! :wizard:

If you tend to use the hotel pretty much only to sleep, I say go with Pop.

I stay at Mostly values due to this reason, I am pretty much there only to sleep and I am more on a budget and can't always afford a mod.

I guess this is why I am struggling with the cost issue. The economical side of me (those who know me say this side does not exist!! LOL!! :rotfl: ) says to me to think about the nice dinners we could have with that money - or anything else we wanted to do for that matter.

Our daily routine during our last trip consisted of us leaving the room by 8, coming back to the room for a swim/rest around 3, leaving again around 6, & returning for the night @ 11 or 12!

I promised DH the next trip would be alot more laid back & relaxing. But afterall, we'll be at WDW. :banana: Who could possible think about relaxing??!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Only stayed at CBR one night. It's a very nice resort with a nice theme, but...well, that's not a real beach,,,AND I'm a BIG POP lover...SO...I would, of course, stay at POP and save the extra $ for a Wonder cruise. :thumbsup2 ;)

We have not stayed at POP but we have stayed at ASMo and CBR. In our opinion CBR is worth the extra $400 we spent on the room. It is much more relaxing than the values. It is just quieter and, well I guess, relaxing.:goodvibes I'm not saying that we will never stay at a value again, but for us, we are willing to pay out a little more for a relaxing stay. Being comfortable is just as important to us as the parks. Plus the mods have a frige and a coffee maker in the room. If you pay $10 a night to rent a frige, then you are paying some of the difference there.
Everyone on these boards have differing opinions. That is what makes them so great. Everyone is unique in what their wants and needs are.
Have a great trip.

Thanks for allowing me to look at your pictures from the CBR. Your children are beautiful & your pics are among some of the best that I've seen from the CBR. :thanks:

Although the difference in years between my trips to the CBR and POP is pretty long, I'm a firm believer in POP. For the money, I don't think that any of the Moderates compare well. I'd spend the extra few bucks for the preferred room and take in a few extras with the money you'll save. You're not going to be in the room enough to care, and with the preferred room, you'll be close to all the action.

CBR is just as spread out as POP, and the bus system is a pain in the gas cap...

Doubt that helped, but here's Grumpin'

-The Grumpus :mad:

I've stayed at CBR twice (10/96) and (5/04). My first trip was my honeymoon and the 2nd trip was for my dd 7th's b-day. Overall we really enjoyed the resort's theme and pool. They are re-doing the pool right now and I'm exicted to see it. The cons to the CBR are: 1. The "Front Desk" is in a seperate building from the food court area and is not easily accesible imo. 2. I didn't care for the food court very much; 3. Some rooms can be a very very far walk to the pool and food court 4. The resort has several bus stops.

We've stayed at Pop in (1/06) and (9/07). Both times we stayed in the 70's section. We really enjoyed everything about the resort. I did miss their being a slide for hte kids, but in January we hardly ever swam and in Sept. the kids didn't mind. I loved there being only one bus stop and that the front desk wsa in the same building as the Food Court and Gift Shop. Our Sept visit was preceeded by one night at CSR, so I felt a little "let down" after experincing the amenties at CSR (larger shower area, privacy curtain, fridge, coffee maker, pool slide).

Since you are going for such a long time the next trip I would say to splurge and stay at CBR, just be sure to request a Preferred Building. I think we were in Trinidad North or South which is a close walk to the pool, food court and a bus stop.

LOVE THE POP!!!!:thumbsup2
Been to both, the last trip we went on was to CBR. We have two children and we won't be back. Here is are some of the things that you get with a moderate that you don't get at a value this is not a full list, but the things that made us decide to try CBR and why we ended up not liking it:

2 sinks:
Who cares?? Not an issue for us.

A little refrigerator:
I am in a fridge swap, so I will have a fridge at my next POP trip.

Extra square footage:
This extra square footage is negated by the gigantic furniture in the rooms, they take up a ton of space.

Pool Slide and Hot Tub:
Biggest draw of why we decided to stay, however, they slide is not some monster slide just a little one, that we found to be busy alot of the time. Also don't know if there are slides at the other pools around the resort.

Things I did not like:
The Bus system is confusing and frustrating, we did our homework on this before we went, and still found we had to wait long waits, and sometimes buses were full, just yuck. We drove everywhere on this trip and we like the buses at POP, so convenient.

Food Court:
If you like CS meals than you will be disappointed at CBR, CBR has a TS restaurant so I guess they have a more limited CS. It is more than limited it is VERY limited.

If you do decide to try CBR, pay for the preferred, it can be a 20 minute walk to the main food court, or a ride on the internal bus. We stayed preffered and it was worth it not to have to take an internal bus everytime we wanted a snack.

It all comes down to how much time you actually spend at your resort and if the extra $$$ is worth it for you.

My DW and I were pretty much in the same situation. We are going to WDW in May 09 and were thinking of staying at POFQ instead of Pop. We did the research and even started a thread asking for thoughts on POFQ. All the feedback we got regarding POFQ and all the reviews were very positive.

But we did the calcuations, and POFQ would cost us about $737.60 more than POP for how long we want to stay next May. With how much time we usually spend at the resort, we can't justify the extra $$$. If we spent more time at the resort then maybe. Pop is our choice for 09. The money we save can be used for other things and Pop has always been wonderful for us.

Later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter