Just stayed at CBR, booked next year for PORFQ will I be disappointed?

Grmnshplvr

DIS Veteran
I LOVED LOVED LOVED CBR. For our bounceback offer I booked POR FQ for next summer. I'm so undecided though. I loved how CBR was so quiet and tropical and peaceful. AFter only staying at the values I can say I will never go back to a value again. I was tempted to book CBR again because we know we love it, but our goal is to try all the resorts. One thing I liked at CBR was when the main pool got busy we went to our quiet pool. We wont have that option at POR FQ. Can anyone help get me excited about booking at POR FQ?

POFQ is a nice peaceful resort. It is nice to sit by the side of the river and watch the boats go by. The boat ride to DTD is so convenient. Just make sure you don't get a pool view room. They play loud bassy music and games for the kids at the pool during the day and it can be loud and obnoxious!

POFQ is very small so all the amenities are a very short walk. There is only one bus stop, just off the main lobby. CBR has many. The 20 minute boat ride to DTD is very nice. Regardless of resort, those bus rides to/from DTD are a hour plus with all the stops. There is a lounge off the food court called Scat Cats. Last year, there was a gentleman who would played music certain evenings of the week. You can use the pools, including the quiet ones, and the food court over at Riverside, too. Take the boat up there or walk along the river. Carriage rides were offered at Riverside in the evening. I don't know if they still are. You could check portorleans.org for the latest information.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED CBR. For our bounceback offer I booked POR FQ for next summer. I'm so undecided though. I loved how CBR was so quiet and tropical and peaceful. AFter only staying at the values I can say I will never go back to a value again. I was tempted to book CBR again because we know we love it, but our goal is to try all the resorts. One thing I liked at CBR was when the main pool got busy we went to our quiet pool. We wont have that option at POR FQ. Can anyone help get me excited about booking at POR FQ?

POFQ is much different than CBR for the reasons you mentioned. I have always found POFQ to be a very quiet peaceful resort but you won't have the tropical theme or extra pools. I assume you have looked up POFQ? I would suggest some research and if you don't expect you are going to like it then change your resort. Nothing is worse than being disappointed and wishing you had stayed somewhere else.

A few options if you want to try new resorts: Book a split stay or do a little resort hopping and go visit some other places. I always love going to grab a meal at another resort so I have a chance to consider if I will want to stay there next time.

POFQ is much different than CBR for the reasons you mentioned. I have always found POFQ to be a very quiet peaceful resort but you won't have the tropical theme or extra pools. I assume you have looked up POFQ? I would suggest some research and if you don't expect you are going to like it then change your resort. Nothing is worse than being disappointed and wishing you had stayed somewhere else.

A few options if you want to try new resorts: Book a split stay or do a little resort hopping and go visit some other places. I always love going to grab a meal at another resort so I have a chance to consider if I will want to stay there next time.

thats a good idea, would I still get my discount if I book a split stay?

If you were my family the answer to your question would be yes.

Our last stay we decided to try POFQ and ended up disappointed. For this trip we're booked at CBR, our 3rd time staying there. :goodvibes

The only problem you may have at POFQ is the one pool. However, you can walk to POR and use their pools, as they are sister resorts. I've stayed at all 3, and I can tell you CBR was far and away my least favorite. It is too big, and I didn't care for the food court.

I do think POR might be a better fit for your family. You could always stay there and then visit POFQ and see what you think.

We have stayed at both and think that POFQ is sooooooo much better than CBR....however, CBR is our least favorite resort, and you loved it so my opinion here probably doesn't matter. :goodvibes

If you're like us you will probably be a little disappointed. Because it's so small POFQ feels way to busy to us. We like to have our resort be a relaxed break from the craziness of the parks. CBR definitely is that, POFQ is not. We felt like there was a constant buzz at POFQ that is not present at CBR. Even when CBR is at capacity it never feels like it. We always feel like we're the only people in our building. We also like the food court and pool much more at CBR.

POFQ is really nice and one of my favorites. It is also really small compared to the other spread out moderates. So any room is close to the food court. I loved the New Orleans feel there:thumbsup2

We love POFQ, I've stayed three times. Last trip was CBR, and I loved it too.

The resorts are quite different, but I don't think you'll regret it.

We're trying POR this year, I am nervous about that.

We love both resorts. Every resort has it's own personality. We have 14 year old and an 8 year old who both enjoy the resorts.:)

Like others have said, POFQ is VERY different from CBR. It really isn't very tropical, and rather than the sprawling and beautiful landscaping, its small, and in my opinion, cramped in together. Its pretty enough in its own right, but very different.

Personally, for some of the reasons you mentioned, I prefer POR to POFQ. While its not all the same tropical feel (Alligator Bayou certainly is, but the mansions section aren't so much) but the grounds are wonderful, and the quiet pools are great, its just ... calm, and nice...

We have stayed at all the mods and our favorites are POR, CBR, and CSR. We liked POFQ but we didn't love it. While the small size is a huge draw for many, we missed having more than one pool and expansive grounds to enjoy and explore.

If you enjoyed having a quiet pool in addition to the main pool at CBR, didn't mind the walking that a larger resort entails and like expansive grounds then POFQ might not be for you. POFQ is beautiful and the river is lovely and POR is not far. But it feels less landscaped and more like a series of city streets if that makes sense. I do like their food court and think its a very well done resort. But the main pool is too small and since its the only pool that is a deal breaker for us.

I suggest you try POR or CSR. That way you get to try something new but something that is similar in layout and set up to CBR.

I stayed at both resorts and it's really hard to compare the two because they are so different. I loved them both equally but I found CBR was too spread out. POFQ is a smaller compact resort with everything in close walking distance. However, I may not be the guy to give you advice because my favorite resort is Pop Century and not because it's cheper, I just love the theming and atmosphere compared to any other resort I have stayed.

Having said that, you are staying at a Disney resort, how bad could it be. Disney knows how to do vacations.

It depends on what you are looking for. It is a gorgeous resort. But it won't have an exotic feel like CBR or CSR do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter