• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just So Delighted

richxr7

Earning My Ears
In March of 1982 I first visited WDW, I was 4 and thought WDW was incredible. While I was there with my family, there was a picture taken of me near the Barber shop in MK. I was leaning against the pole and was very irritated. The picture had become infamous in my family. There was always a joke that I was the only child in WDW that was unhappy. Years and years went by and I had never been able to return to WDW. It had been so long I couldn't remember anything from the trip in 1982 nor the picture and I always wanted to know exactly where the picture was taken and revisit wonderful WDW.

Finally August of 2006 my wife and I had gotten the chance to return to WDW. I was determined to find the exact location of that pole and have my current picture taken. I wanted to create a "Then and Now" picture, which I was astounded to find the exact location. To my surprise, MK hadn't really changed a bit. Needless to say the picture came out perfect. During that trip (my 2nd & my wife's 4th) I was so overwhlemed with how terrific WDW was I wanted to surprise my wife (then fiance) with having our wedding at WDW. A little over a year later in February 1, 2008 we were married in WDW at the Wedding Pavillion by Reverend Jack Day. It was a small wedding just a few people, but it was perfect. I had set everything up for my wife. All she had to do was decide colors and dresses for the girls. I wanted to have our ceremony at the MK Castle but of course was surprised at the $$$ cost. Instead we went with the Wedding Pavillion and I had setup a wedding photo package for the morning after in MK at the Castle. When I setup the photo shoot I wanted to add a special photo to be taken. My new bride and I had our photo taken at the Barber Shop pole in MK. Since then we had made a pact, every 1-2 years we will have our vacation in WDW and our photo taken at that Barber Shop Pole. Infact, I have just setup our vacation for this January where we will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary.

My wife and I wanted to share this little story with you because WDW is just such a happy, wonderful and magical place. They really do know how to make your dreams come true.:love:

What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing!

That's an absolutely wonderful story, and full of the magic that is Disney!! :love:

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to see some of your pics!! Sounds like a lovely wedding!!!

-Christal

I'd love to see the before and after picture!

Your post caught my eye because we were married in March 1982!

I've taken some of those "tradition" pictures around Disney too, everyone moans and groans because they have to take the time to get to the designated areas but they are so much fun to look back on, I love that sort of thing.

So nice to hear you A GUY thinks of that sort of thing, I think your wife is a lucky gal!

Love your story, thanks for sharing

Every trip we have taken to WDW since my daughters were born I have taken picture of them in front of the topiary elephants at the Dumbo ride. I keep them on the wall in my study.

What a wonderful story! I think you definitely get the Disney magic. :)

Every year we used to take DD's pic inside the fridge at Minnie's house. now that she is older we rarely ever visit there and took one with the Indian. I've only taken that one because I have forgotten to do it, LOL. Of course, now she probably wouldn't want to get anywhere near that statue!
BTW, I still visit Minnie's house. ;)

1982- Before
l_90c63d8de6a4a073e3314ed986cc3658.jpg

2006- After
l_203300eb81ae054354cbcb90e13fadcf.jpg

2008- Wedding Pic
l_f0163f4eaf33b97b87e7e4595928f33e.jpg

That's great! Love the pic #2 with the pouting face!

Your wedding pic is so nice. your bride and her dress are beautiful. For some reason you do not look near as ticked off in that picture! ;)

When's the next trip?
Won't it be fun to maybe someday take your child's photo there? How cool!

Our next trip is January for our 1st wedding anniversary. We plan on having kids within the next year and definitly plan on taking them to WDW. Of course we will be taking their picture at the pole as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter