• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just snagged an ADR but not sure if it is worthwhile...

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
I just got a Mother's Day ADR 9pm at the Wishes Dessert Party. It is an EEMH day, til 1am. That morning we are doing RD at DHS and then a midday rest. We were planning a 7pm dinner at GG and Illuminations. Not sure if I should give up the GG ADR (we have never been) for the Wishes dessert party on a crowded EEMH "holiday." I have never done EEMH. Is this a good idea or should I ditch it and stick with my GG 7pm and Illum evening plans?

We are there that night for the Wishes Desert Party too! It depends on what is important to you. Have you been to the desert party? Could you get a GG ADR earlier in the evening? Is there another evening you can see Illuminations?

We are stating at BC and will have another opportunity to see Illum. I don't see any other GG ADRs avail tho, which is a bummer. My real concern is what EEMH are like at MK. We have never been, so I am not sure what to expect.

I would vote to keep the Dessert Party reservations. Garden Grill is fun to an extent, but I truly believe that the Dessert Party outshines the GG experience. We did the dessert party in Oct. 2012 and loved it! Maybe you can work GG into your schedule on another day...

I would vote to keep the Dessert Party reservations. Garden Grill is fun to an extent, but I truly believe that the Dessert Party outshines the GG experience. We did the dessert party in Oct. 2012 and loved it! Maybe you can work GG into your schedule on another day...

Come join us at the Desert Party! We have been at the EMH before and after the fireworks, it really calms down. Garden Grill reservations are much easier to get than the Desert Party.

Evening extra magic hours are only recommended DURING the PM EMH. So in your case, its only recommended from 10pm-1am which would be after the Wishes crowds clear out. However, you would be in good shape crowd-wise by doing the dessert party. I don't think GG is anything to write home about, so I'd probably do the dessert party.

Not a fan of MKPMEMH. Too crowded & I'll bet Mother's Day will be pretty jammed. Stick with GG.

Thanks for the opinions. I keep checking for another GG ressie and haven't been able to get it. My kids got to choose one character meal and they chose Mickey. I then chose GG just because we haven't eaten there before. I guess I could try for ohana breakfast to see him. Chef Mickey and tusker house are not likely at this point. We leave next Thursday.

I don't know what days you are going, but I was trying to change around ADRs yesterday and there was a lot of openings on may ninth at tusker house between like 10 and 1, so breakfast or lunch, depending on what you like, and that is our favorite. We got the desert party for may 9th and I am excited. 25 years of Disney and my kids have never seen the fireworks from inside the park anyway. I am legally blind and we always try, but between the crowds and my guide dog getting stepped on and me being pushed I always throw in the towel and say forget it. So to me hands down the desert party, you can always do something with an ADR even if it is at a different restaurant. Ohana had quiet a few for late lunch and even breakfast just a few days ago. I gave up a chef mickeys not to long ago but I'm sure it is gone by now. Just keep checking back. They do pop up.

I just looked at charactors meals at the park and crystal palace has an opening at 3:45 that day for a party of 4, that would give you plenty of time to be ready for dessert later. I know it is not mickey but it is an option.

Keep it.
I wish I would have kept mine.
We are an older couple with no small children, and we usually don't stand near Main Street, we try to stand a little back for the parades and Wishes-it was crazy.
We were over by the Crystal Palace the middle walk way and we had a big Tree in front of the castle and we didn't move, because it was so crowded. We even tried to go over earlier in the evening in front of The Plaza Ice cream shop and it was wall to wall people. The parade and Wishes in my opinion has become to big of an attraction and definately not enough space for everyone.

Will be at Dessert Party for Mother's Day as well. Taking my DSis for her first ever trip to WDW and thought it would be a great way to see Wishes for her first time! Forgot that it was an evening EMH. Will be looking for you ktate82!

Thanks everyone. I am going to keep both for now and see how we feel as it gets closer. I need to research more about MK EEMH and crowds.

Will be at Dessert Party for Mother's Day as well. Taking my DSis for her first ever trip to WDW and thought it would be a great way to see Wishes for her first time! Forgot that it was an evening EMH. Will be looking for you ktate82!

:banana: See you there! This is our first time without the kids so SUPER EXCITED!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter