Just Sent Disney an E-mail here's what I wrote

WDWJunkie

Genius
Please, don't laugh at me, I am just pissed that Tokyo got such an EXCELLENT park (TDS) and us in the good old USofA still have an empty 20k lagoon.
Well, here it is:

Dear Disney,

I am writing to you commenting on a couple of things. First, during this past week I have been surfing the internet and found pictures of the new Tokyo Disney Sea during a press preview I believe. WOW, the park looks excellent, it looks SO AWESOME. It focuses on one major thing that has made Disney Theme Parks loved by many, the theming. The theming is wonderful, it looks so real, especially the mermaid lagoon but EVERYTHING looks inspiring. While looking at all these photos, I cant help but feeling, well, jealous. What I mean is, I know i'm not the only one but, I know I will never get a chance to see this park up close along with many other people. I'm not saying that the Disney parks in Florida aren't good, there wonderful, it's just that it looks like so much time, and money, has been put into Tokyo's Disney Sea it seems that Disneyworld needs some better theming. Most of the attractions are great, my family loves Magic Kingdom along with the rest of Disneyworld. If Disney decides to expand there current parks I along with MANY others will be thrilled to see some attrations from Disney Sea come over to the Disney World Resort. Also I will make some comments/suggestions that my fellow disney go'ers and I would like to see in the parks.
Magic Kingdom: A villian themed land or attraction/ or expansion of a current land.
Epcot: A new pavilion in the World Showcase and sometime after Mission:Space a new attraction in Future world along with a rehab of the living seas/the land.
MGM/Disney Studios: Something to be done with the great movie ride, maybe a rehab?
Animal Kingdom: THE LONG LONG LONG Awaited debut of the "beastly kingdom" land. (imaginary creatures etc.) Maybe a Soarin' Ride similar to DCA's. (the soarin' ride would go good in world showcase ex. Soarin' over Canada, or something along those lines.)

P.s.: Can't Wait until the 100th Celebration!

It may be awhile till they respond to you. Disney gets a lot of mail and e-mail per day and it takes them a long time to respond to all of it. They don't always respond to your question or letter directly.

You will not get a reply except from a 'Disney' 'lawyer' explaining how they cannot accept outside ideas (even though the website clearly has a disclaimer stating that any ideas submitted are the property of Disney).

Although she gave ideas at the end, she begain the letter with a question, When will Disney Seas come over here so I can see it and all my Dis friends who can't travel to Tokyo?

If your email happens like mine did, in several weeks you'll receive a phone call from a cast member thanking you for your opinions and input and they will promise to pass your suggestions along. Which all in all is pretty nice that they respond in this manner.

I do like your suggestion of the villian area. The baddies are my favorites!!

Cheryl :bounce:

I too sent in a e-mail, wondering why Disney felt the need to cut the hours in Adventureland when clearly they have already reduced park hours. For my trouble they sent me a e-mail in reply requesting a my phone number to answer my complaint. (still waiting)........

Hey I'm A HE! Does anyone have anyother suggestions for me to e-mail disney about? Whoever doesn't listen to these suggestions over there at WDI, well I PITY THE FOOL! lol ;)

I bet team Disney is flooded with calls and e-mails from people wanting to know why DCA wasn't built like TDS or when TDS type of rides will come to the US. I seriously doubt we will see anything from TDS come here as Ei$ner will not greenlight such quality that costs a lot to build.

here it is:

This will acknowledge, with thanks, your recent transmission with
respect to an attraction idea which you have indicated might be of interest
to us.

Unfortunately, our company's long established policy does not allow
the acceptance or review of any ideas, suggestions or creative materials not
solicited by us. Our intention is to avoid misunderstandings or confusion
when projects or products are created internally which might be similar to
submissions made to us from outside the company.

We recognize that this policy is sometimes a difficult one when
someone like yourself, with all the best intentions, would simply like us to
consider your creative thoughts. Experience has taught us though, that if
we abandon our policy for one person, we would soon have no policy at all.
Since your transmission was submitted electronically, we have deleted your
transmission without retaining any copies.

We hope that you will understand our policy, and be assured of our
thanks in thinking of our company. We value your patronage and look forward
to many future opportunities to serve and entertain you in our Vacation
Kingdom.

Sincerely,

Sharon A. Mecca
Paralegal
SAM/baf

Compare that to this e-mail posted in another thread:

"This will acknowledge, with thanks, your recent transmission with
respect to an attraction idea which you have indicated might be of interest
to us.

While our company is supportive of the efforts underway in light of
the tragedy of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, our company's long established
policy does not allow the acceptance or review of any ideas, suggestions or
creative materials not solicited by us. Our intention is to avoid
misunderstandings or confusion when projects or products are created
internally which might be similar to submissions made to us from outside the
company.

We recognize that this policy is sometimes a difficult one when
someone like yourself, with all the best intentions, would simply like us to
consider your creative thoughts. Experience has taught us though, that if
we abandon our policy for one person, we would soon have no policy at all.
Since your transmission was submitted electronically, we have deleted your
transmission without retaining any copies.

We hope that you will understand our policy, and be assured of our
thanks in thinking of our company. We value your patronage and look forward
to many future opportunities to serve and entertain you in our Vacation
Kingdom.

Sincerely,

Sharon A. Mecca
Paralegal"

That's why I posted the "I can already tell you what the answer will be" message earlier - they just copy and paste the same answers over and over again, but occasionally your point does get across to the right people. So don't be discouraged!

Who wudda thunk?
I personally think it is wrong and unnecessary considering the clear disclaimer they present when you send your email, which clearly states that any ideas are the property of WDW. So they should take our great ideas and run!
It is very disheartening to have a whole email thrown out (with no copy to edit and resubmit), just because Disney lawyers decide that one thing you said was an idea.

Hi JeffH,
Believe me it's a big difference. I posted that letter. That was the letter I rec'd for submitting the idea that they return American Journeys to the vacant Time Keeper building and honestly it made me very mad! So since they don't want my emails, I sent them one anyway. Here it is:

To Whom It May Concern:

I just received an email from Barbarann Fernandez at WDW Resort signed by Sharon A. Mecca, Paralegal "thanking" me for sending a suggestion regarding an attraction at WDW. Either Sharon needs a class in being tactful or I'm apparently easily offended because the whole time I was reading the email (and I read it several times to make sure I wasn't missing something) I kept thinking that this woman is basically telling me to mind my own business. I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that WDW was interested in knowing the views of their customers, their likes and dislikes, in order to make our trips as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I very much understand that each and every person can't have what they want but that WDW tries hard to meet the expectations of as many visitors as possible (and I think you've done a great job, every vacation I've had was wonderful!)

BUT... it would have been a lot more appropriate and tactful to simply reply that you've received my email, thank you for your opinion, we'll take your view into consideration because we want to provide the best entertainment to the most people.

NOT... we're deleting your email and don't bother writing us with your views because we couldn't care less.

I sincerely hope that the Cast Members at WDW and onboard the Wonder next month are more courteous than Sharon A. Mecca, Paralegal because she doesn't seem to share in the "Disney Magic" kind of attitude and is a poor representative for your company.

Sincerely,
Cheryl S.
Disney Vacation Club owner
Annual Pass holder
Disney Credit Card holder
Disney Club member
and an all around faithful WDW visitor

so what do you think? Was I overly offended?
Cheryl

Nope you werent over offended, you'll see my letter and response somewhere on this page and I just personally think that they are being bas^#$ds. They SHOULD just say thank you for your opinions but no, they send you an e-mail from a "PARALEGAL" (YA, RIGHT), so ya know what, when there parks bite the dust (I certainly hope not, it never will) but still if any of their parks go down the drain, just dont say WDWJUNKIE didnt offer a helping hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter