Just saying hi! and are magic bands worth it...

Tiggers21

Earning My Ears
One week to go! We are staying off site, and was curious if there is any benefit to getting magic bands, instead of the cards?

Thanks!

they all do the same thing... but the bands are heavily pushed by Disney and very heavily adopted by everybody at the parks. I'm not expert, but I'd be willing to say that at least 3 out of every 5 people have them. One cool thing about the band is if you tie it to your card, on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride there are no camera stops after the ride is over, but on your My Disney Experience account it will show a really cool video of you riding the ride thanks to your band and it recognizing you as you were on that ride.

The convenience of the cards is certainly nice, for fastpass+, photos, and entry to the park. I don't think it would be worth purchasing the regular ones out right though. Disney seems to give them away pretty carelessly when booking a resort stay. I booked and cancelled two separate resorts reservations (each time finding a better room combination) over the course of about a week and disney sent us a set of magicbands for each reservation. Pretty peculiar situation. DW and I now have three magicbands each tied to our accounts from one single trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter