Just Saved over $400 using Disney gift cards purchased at Target!

I'm doing the same. Online on Black Friday to get the coupon, then into the store to get $500 Disney GC for our upcoming trip.

Just recieved an email back from Target guest relations in regards to stacking the 20%, here is the response I got....

"If you have a REDcard and a Pharmacy Rewards certificate you will be able to use them with this 20%coupon during one shipping trip between Dec 1- 7. Great products. Good value. And a great shopping experience – every time you visit our stores. That's what Target is all about."

Now we just wait and see if the coupon is good on Disney GC's. I knew better than to ask that question directly to Target ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

YAY! Then I a definitely saving my pharmacy rewards :) Thanks so much for this post!

So does this take place of the $10 Target GC when you spend $50 that they have had in recent years?

Target will also donate 1% of all Red Card purchase amounts to a school of your choice. It doesn't impact the 5% discount you receive at the register. It's through their Take Charge for Education program. You can just log into your Target Red debit or Credit account or visit Target.com/TCOE and select a school. It's a great program that is greatly appreciated in our community. So, while we are all saving on our Disney vacations, we can be helping schools also!

If you don't have a local school you'd like to designate, feel free to use my DD's school (Target school #151914)

So the gc at target are only $50 . Have you payed using gift cards? I can't seem to get over paying with 60 gift cards. Has anyone done that?

Just recieved an email back from Target guest relations in regards to stacking the 20%, here is the response I got....

"If you have a REDcard and a Pharmacy Rewards certificate you will be able to use them with this 20%coupon during one shipping trip between Dec 1- 7. Great products. Good value. And a great shopping experience – every time you visit our stores. That's what Target is all about."

Now we just wait and see if the coupon is good on Disney GC's. I knew better than to ask that question directly to Target ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As I'm concerned about my redcard having a limited amount of Disney cards that I can buy (ran into this once before), IF the 20% and the 5% pharmacy discounts work, I am going to simply avoid my redcard and use my high limit credit card (non-redcard).

Yes, I'll forgo that extra 5% from the redcard, but I'd rather have (hopefully) 25% off unlimited Disney cards with the 2 coupons and my credit card rather than 30% off a limited number with 2 coupons and my red card. Planning to pay off quite an expensive upcoming trip and would love all the discount I can get. :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed that this works, but it seems too good to be true. :confused3

So the gc at target are only $50 . Have you payed using gift cards? I can't seem to get over paying with 60 gift cards. Has anyone done that?

I've done it before. It is a legitimate way to pay. :) I did feel sorry for the sweet girl at the Polynesian concierge desk who patiently scanned the many cards we used to pay for our room's balance when we checked in...

And - FYI - if you have a large stack of gift cards rubber banded into a stack in your carry on luggage, it will read in the scanner as something very suspicious. Something about the dense number of cards and the magnetic strips read like an explosive... We had our luggage scanned multiple times, we were scanned more than once and had to unpack our luggage and show them what it was. Once the TSA folks saw it was a bunch of cards, we were sent on our way. Until then though, they treated my 6 yr old and I like very very suspicious characters... :eek:

We have paid many times using tons of GCs. Paid for dining plans for 6ppl, APs for 6 ppl, etc. And when we used to pay for the dining plans for DVC you did it when you arrived at the resort and they use to have to key in the GC numbers not swipe. So if they can do that for over an hour at the front desk, I'm pretty sure swiping them is no problem at all! LOL

We've paid for APs at the GR window at the MK too. Over $2k at one time. Our receipt was a mile long but it really didn't take that much time.

MeggyK said:
I've done it before. It is a legitimate way to pay. :) I did feel sorry for the sweet girl at the Polynesian concierge desk who patiently scanned the many cards we used to pay for our room's balance when we checked in...

And - FYI - if you have a large stack of gift cards rubber banded into a stack in your carry on luggage, it will read in the scanner as something very suspicious. Something about the dense number of cards and the magnetic strips read like an explosive... We had our luggage scanned multiple times, we were scanned more than once and had to unpack our luggage and show them what it was. Once the TSA folks saw it was a bunch of cards, we were sent on our way. Until then though, they treated my 6 yr old and I like very very suspicious characters... :eek:

I thought balances had to be paps 45 days out??

I currently have 2 different pharmacy rewards coupons. Does anyone know if I can use both at once or do they have to be used on separate days? I know it is probably too much to expect the 20% coupon plus 5% for the first Pharmacy Rewards, 5% for the second pharmacy rewards and another 5% for the Red Card.

I currently have 2 different pharmacy rewards coupons. Does anyone know if I can use both at once or do they have to be used on separate days? I know it is probably too much to expect the 20% coupon plus 5% for the first Pharmacy Rewards, 5% for the second pharmacy rewards and another 5% for the Red Card.

You won't be able to stack the pharmacy rewards. And my guess is that you won't be able to stack the pharmacy rewards with the 20% for gift card purchases. It might stack for other items though. I was able to use the 10% mover's coupon, a 5% pharmacy rewards and my 5% redcard discount all together (but the mover's coupon didn't work on the Disney gift cards).

Ok what does everyone think the odds are that we will be able to use our 20% coupon and Pharmacy rewards and our red card to buy Disney Gift Cards?:santa It makes wonder what Target buys these from Disney for:confused:

Curious about this as well..also, if you go thru ebates.com then you MAY be able to receive 4% back on those WDW giftcards ordered online. It does not exclude them as far as I can tell...

Ok what does everyone think the odds are that we will be able to use our 20% coupon and Pharmacy rewards and our red card to buy Disney Gift Cards?:santa It makes wonder what Target buys these from Disney for:confused:
This has already been addressed. According to target guest services you can stack the BF 20% with pharmacy rewards 5% and red card 5% Making this one sweet deal.

This has already been addressed. According to target guest services you can stack the BF 20% with pharmacy rewards 5% and red card 5% Making this one sweet deal.

The way I read it, Target Guest Services said those three can be stacked, BUT did NOT say if the 20% coupon will apply to Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure the Redcard and Pharmacy discounts will (because they already do) but no one will really know if the 20% off works until December 1st. And if we call and ask Target, they just might "fix" it so that it DOESN'T work! Shhhhhh.......

The way I read it, Target Guest Services said those three can be stacked, BUT did NOT say if the 20% coupon will apply to Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure the Redcard and Pharmacy discounts will (because they already do) but no one will really know if the 20% off works until December 1st. And if we call and ask Target, they just might "fix" it so that it DOESN'T work! Shhhhhh.......

Ok understand what you were asking.

I don't see why they would be blocked from 20% deal
As they are still listed as entertainment cards not gift cards. Which the 20% coupon has a no gift card limitation...if you look at years past

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter