Just saved $85 on my internet! (sort of...)

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi everyone. It never hurts to call your service providers to see if you can get a lower rate. Here's the situation....

We canceled our cable last year (I can't believe it's been a YEAR already!... haven't really missed it). In doing so, we kept our Internet through Insight because, well, out in the boonies we don't have any other choice (blah). So, our internet last year cost us $40 per month. We got January's bill and it went up to $45 per month. We called the company to ask why, and it turns out that our $40 per month cost was just a one-year promotion after our re-bundling of getting rid of our cable but keeping our internet. Then this year would be $45 per month, next year would be $50 per month, the following year would be $55 per month, capping out at $65 per month.

WHAT?! Gah. ((the brain started spinning and thinking at this point...))

So I asked "ok... can I re-bundle so that the cost would come back down to $40 per month like it was last year?" and I got the answer of "Yes, we can do that for you, but there will be a $25 one-time fee to do that". So I said "ok, I'll call you back after I do some math"

It turns out that the $5 extra saved per month, even after the $25 fee would save me $40, instead of just sticking with the $45 per month fee. Hey, $40 is $40!!

So I called back and got a different rep on the phone and said "I would like to re-bundle my internet to bring the cost back down to $40 per month... and I understand that there would be a $25 re-bundle fee with that?" The new rep said "Oh, well, since it's just lowering the bill $5 per month we'll go ahead and waive the $25 fee for you"

SWEET! :dance3: So my bill went back down to $40 per month, just as it was last year. So I saved, in essence, $60 plus the $25 fee! ....or I didn't REALLY save anything since it's the same as it was last year.... but it's better than if I hadn't called and then paying an extra $60 per year!

:yay:

Moral of the story... it never hurts to call and ask :)

You lost me. So did you add your cable back in? What are you bundling? But anyway I'll dance with you :banana: Not wasting money is as good as saving money!

You lost me. So did you add your cable back in? What are you bundling? But anyway I'll dance with you :banana: Not wasting money is as good as saving money!

HAHA no, we re-bundled our internet-only package. Isn't that weird?! Still no cable :)

Just saved $85 on my internet! (sort of...)

SWEET! :dance3: So my bill went back down to $40 per month, just as it was last year. So I saved, in essence, $60 plus the $25 fee! ....

Actually, you would have saved $60-$25 fee = $35 by changing. Since the $25 fee was waived, you saved $60 compared with what you would have paid had you not called. You can't double count the $25 to get you up to $85 saved.

But still, great idea to call and re-bundle. I've been a Time Warner Cable customer for 13 years, and still today I'm on a new customer introductory 12-month package. I call back every year around August to see what's available.

I was a little lost too. So, you are now saving $5/mo. Did I get that right?

Count me in as lost too! Great for you, you're saving, but your internet provider?? what the heck are you bundling? The word bundling implies two or more things? Oh well it works in your favor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter