Just returned.. very disappointed

I hope that today was a better day for your mom and you too.
I am so sorry that this happened to you and your family.

It sounds like many knowledgeable people gave some good advise so far... please consider it.

I don't have any new advice to offer that hasn't already been posted. But, I do agree that even if you don't file, ALL information should be kept in a safe place for future reference if necessary.

I'm so sorry for your Mom and your troubles. I hope you still managed to salvage a few magical moments for the kiddies at least! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I'm sorry this happened and I hope you're mom does well. Please let us know which ride it is in AK so that other innocent adults AND children can avoid it or at least be very aware of the potential. :flower3: Cindy

I'm really sorry for what has happened.

I hope things turn out well and that she makes a speedy recovery. It's going to take some time but I'm sure things will turn out for the better, somehow.

My advice is to write a detailed letter to everyone at Disney and see what they tell you. (This may take a long while if they decide to contact you.)

As for seeking legal compensation, it all depends on both of you. The primary goal right now is to take care of your mother and to do what you believe is right.

Tell her that all your fellow DIS'ers wish her well. :grouphug:

Take care, both of you. :flower3:

Honestly, their legal department would probably be quite happy with the way it was handled. Any gesture on their part could be considered an admission of fault. Calling to check on her wouldn't likely be a problem, but any other free things are not a good idea from a legal standpoint.

Of course, I don't think that's right--it's just what has happened because of frivolous law suits.

I don't usually post and I hope I am doing this right. First, My very best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery!

As for the above qoute;
My son took a fall a a McDonalds that was inside a Walmart, both rather large companies. An incident report was filed by both, an ambulance was offered. We opted out because it would have frightened him more and the hospital was close as well as familiar to us. They gave him extra food, coloring books, crayons and other little toys. We did go to the hospital, they in turn sent him to an orthopdic surgeon. His arm/wrist was broken in three places.
Within 24 hours I received phone calls from both companies. both told me they would cover anything that insurance did not and to bill them for anything he needed and not to pay for so much as an aspirin! They also checked on him over the following weeks. They sent me forms for any bills. If not for this, I would have sued them both. Everything was taken care of and my son is fine.
As others have stated, you should consider at least speaking to a reputable lawyer as well as documenting EVERYTHING. Disney's response to your family at that moment was, I am sad to say, disgraceful. This ride has had other injuries including, if I am not mistaken, the death of one of thier own employees. Accidents happen yes, but they should take responsibility, it was after all thier "house".
I hope your moms recovery is swift, and I hope you will all find some peace.
Best of luck to you!

Hope your mother is getting better.

I'm not a lawyer, but if you are planning on talking to one I would do that before writing a detailed letter to Disney. If you have no plans on talking to a lawyer and want to try and handle this through Disney yourself then by all means write them a letter detailing everything.

Primeval Whirl~ was the name of the ride!

First, let me say I am sorry for what happend to your Mom and your vacation.

Second, and sadly, an attendant at that ride just died about 2 months ago. There is a thread here somewhere and an article in the Orlando paper. Apparently she was standing in an area she shouldn't have been, but no matter what, this ride must be closed!

Write everything down so you don't forget the details.

Best wishes for your Mom's speedy recovery.:flower3:

Second, and sadly, an attendant at that ride just died about 2 months ago. There is a thread here somewhere and an article in the Orlando paper. Apparently she was standing in an area she shouldn't have been, but no matter what, this ride must be closed!

I am so sorry. I pray that your mom will feel better soon. That ride sounds just awful. Did the CM die attending to the ride?

i was in disney when this happened. we were there at the end of november, and saw this on the news. it is interesting how much of this kind of stuff gets underplayed.

how is your mom doing? hopefully the surgery went well and she's having a relatively easy recovery.

i agree with a few other people that you should at least speak with a lawyer. it's not as if your mom was skiing and this accident was a likely event. she was at disney world!

:eek: Oh no way should she have to pay for anything! I think they should not only pay for her medical bills but include a free, no expiration, park hopper ticket so that she may return one day and have a more pleasurable experience!! My prayers go out to her.

Update~ She has contacted Disney, they said it would be 3 to 5 days before she hears back.
She ended up having a plate and 5 pins put in. She starts physical therapy next week.
Thank you everyone for you kind words thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Was it that crazy roller coaster that looks harmless but whips you around every turn? DH and I rode that thing once and said never again. Regardless, sorry to hear your first trip wasn't a good one, but don't let it ruin you on Disney. Hope your mom is feeling better very soon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter