Just returned.. very disappointed

Jenniww

Mouseketeer
I just returned from our trip Friday night. It was not the trip of my dreams I am sad to say. My Mother broke her arm the second day there. She was getting off that mini roller coater in dino-land. The ride came to a stop, and the lady told her to get out. She had one foot out and the ride started to move again. She lost her balance and fell. Breaking here arm in two places. She went by ambulance to Celebration hospital. I was so sad for her I just cried. She made me promise to keep going and not ruin the kids day. Her sister and her went to the hospital and returned before the P&PP. She was in great pain and was very drugged. She will be having surgery tomorrow to have two pins put in. Not the first trip we had in mind. :sad2:
The lady who was called to the scene said they have a lot of problems with this ride. People getting hurt getting on and off this ride. I was shock that she said that to me. I am also very disappointed in Disney, if they know there is a problem why haven't they fixed it????
We were given past passes for any attraction. They really did us not good since we were leaving AK at 4 to go to WCL for dinner then taking the ferry to P&PP. She had to take a cab from the hospital to the MK, another disappointment in Disney. No one ever contacted our room to check on her. Even though they had asked for all of our info. I am still just so upset about the whole thing!

That is horrible, I hope you mom heals soon. They could of at least called and paid her hospital bills..

I am not one to support frivolous lawsuits; however, your mom should speak with a reputible lawyer (not someone from the back of the phone book). She should then file a claim with Disney. Even if you want no reimbursement now, you never know what might happen in the future. If her rehab does not go well, etc., you need to have a claim on file to persue future compensation. I hope everything goes well and there is no need for Disney to compensate her; however, people often make the mistake early on not to file a claim. They are burned later when there are problems.

Make sure you get the name of the ride attendant; hopefully, you also got the name and number of some witnesses. Good luck!

Sorry about your Mom getting hurt. I hope the surgery goes well. Send pixie dust your way to make things better for you.

I'm so sorry; I hope mom is OK.

This calls for a very detailed letter to Disney. Do your homework, find the names and the addresses and write letters informing them of this. They need to know what happened, how it was handled, and how it should have played out at each step along the way.

Otherwise, the people in the position to make the changes will never hear of it.

I do feel they should pay any bills her insurance company does not cover. I just wished they would have called, or offered her use of a free wheel chair. I know it was her arm but she was so tired from the ordeal and the pain killers it would have helped a lot. I also feel someone should have called and checked on her.
We have a claim number but I don't see my mother ever using it. I will be writing a letter and I did take names...

Thanks for your kind words!

:hug: Hugs to you and your mom for all you all went through. Get that claim number and write letters. Save the letters and if you hear nothing, go to an attorney. I am so against suing people, it's crazy, but what happened to your mom is completely irresponsible.

ouch.......:confused:
wishing your Mom a speeeeeeeeedy recovery for sure.
My suggestion is when u do write= mention the wheelchair thing, you are right- it would have been super helpful ,and I never would have thought of offering a wheelchair, good suggestion.

Wow, I am so sorry that happened to your mom. Disney should at least pay the medical bills that she has that aren't covered by insurance, and I would hope they would offer more. I would also suggest writing a detailed letter letting them know what happened, and see what response you get. If you are not happy, then as a lawyer, while I am loath to see so many lawsuits against Disney, I think your mom probably has a good case. Especially as she now has to go through subsequent surgery and may need therapy. GOod luck.

So sorry to hear what happened to your mom. Wishing her well with the surgery. I hope you do follow up, Disney's lack of responsibility is is inexcusable. They are a big enough Co. to know how to at least play CYA, I'm sure there legal department would not be pleased how they handled this incident.

That's awful! :sad2: I hope that your mom makes a speedy recovery after her surgery. I agree that Disney should have fixed the problem with their attraction and that they should have shown more concern for your mom. I'm not an advocate of lawsuits either, but I think that you should definitely talk to your lawyer about this. I hope everything will be all right. Please keep us posted on this situation.

So sorry to hear what happened to your mom. Wishing her well with the surgery. I hope you do follow up, Disney's lack of responsibility is is inexcusable. They are a big enough Co. to know how to at least play CYA, I'm sure there legal department would not be pleased how they handled this incident.

Honestly, their legal department would probably be quite happy with the way it was handled. Any gesture on their part could be considered an admission of fault. Calling to check on her wouldn't likely be a problem, but any other free things are not a good idea from a legal standpoint.

Of course, I don't think that's right--it's just what has happened because of frivolous law suits.

Honestly, their legal department would probably be quite happy with the way it was handled. Any gesture on their part could be considered an admission of fault. Calling to check on her wouldn't likely be a problem, but any other free things are not a good idea from a legal standpoint.

Of course, I don't think that's right--it's just what has happened because of frivolous law suits.

I second that! A lady fell walking into my place of work cut her head open and left by ambulance. She was a regular and I was told I could not call and check on her. Sad but true.. :sad2:

I am very sorry to hear about your mom. Thats definitely not anything you want to expierence especially while in Disney. I hope she is doing better and I'm sure the next trip to Disney will be magical. Keep your spirits up..

Sorry about your mom. My daughter got really sick last year while on vacation and the hotel and first aide knew all about it. They never checked on her either. I also thought that they may send a picture of Mickey or something to cheer her up but nothing. It must be a legal thing.

What ride was it exactly. I want to make sure to avoid it. Was it the Dumbo type ride with Dinasours?

Hope your mom does better after surgery.:flower3:

I was so sorry to read about what happen to your mom. I hope that she has a speedy recovery and all goes well.

I am not lawyer and have no legal background. But, I second the idea of looking into legal action. If there is a safety issue with the ride WDW needs to FIX IT! You pursuing a legal course of action might just get them to correct the problem and you might save another family from having a bad vacation. Also, if WDW is at fault and your mom's arm does not heal..whatever the case maybe..the money you may get could help with rehab or any additional medical bills.

Again, Best wishes and I am so sorry your trip was ruined.

I second that! A lady fell walking into my place of work cut her head open and left by ambulance. She was a regular and I was told I could not call and check on her. Sad but true.. :sad2:

Huh.

Where I used to work, if a member of the public was injured and filled out an accident report, we HAD to call them within 24 hours and ask how they were. We also had to write down any comments they made. Only after that could the report be sent to legal.

I hope your mom is feeling better today.

That is really bad, if they have had problems with this ride before, they should have halted it until problem resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter