Just returned. . . my findings. .

Rhongepooh

<font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c
We got back Saturday evening from spending 4 days at Disney. Here is some information we learned that I'm passing on to you. . .

1) Watch out for Brizilian tour groups with lime green shirts!!!! I at first thought I had missed some DIS meet and greet until they 1) passed up several people, including us, in line 2) refused to go all the way down the row in Mickey's Phillharmagic 3) Grouped themselves under the walkway under Columbia Harbor House (it was raining) and 4) Acted like they couldn't speak english when people asked them to move. . . oh and I forgot the one that got us the most. . .

We were in front of Casey's with my grandson's stroller waiting for my DD and DSIL right before the Magic and Memories. We had waited in this particular spot for about 15 to 20 minutes when one comes up to us and TELLS my aunt (in brazilian/spanish???) abd gestures that she wants us to move the stroller because she wants to sit down in that spot. NO there was no one there before saving her a seat, no we were not in an area that the stroller was in anyone's way and were not in the blocked off sidewalk area. Her and her family walked up after us and the kids sat down and she motioned/told my aunt to more the stroller because she wanted to sit there. We didn't make a big deal over it becaus we were about to head back to the hotel and when my DD called to say they were still in line for SM we decided to head on back to the hotel. But that shocked me! LOL

2) GO IN THE RAIN!!! IT'S WORTH IT!!! It rained almost everyday we were there and we put our rain ponchos on and braved the rain. It was WORTH IT!!! The lines were short. . . VERY SHORT and we rode just about everything we wanted in the magic kingdom the first day within a few hours. It wasn't too hot and the crowds were almost nothing.

3) GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP! GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP. In other words, GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP. There is NO way to tell you how much you can get down those first few hours of the day. We walked on Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Splash Mountain and waited less than 30 minutes for Thunder Mountain in about 2 hours.

4) Yes Toy Story Mania IS that much fun! This was my first time to ride this because the ride always had such a long line. I ran to get fast passes that first morning and while it was broken down during EMH at DHS I got a fast pass for 11:30. I LOVED it and am now wanting to go back in one of those times when the crowds are lighter so I can ride it more than once!

5) If you like the Rapids ride at AK and are not interested in riding EE head here first thing in the morning. We were the first in line and a man and his two sons, my daughter and I were the ONLY one's on this ride. We rode it 2 times without even getting out and they would have let us ride it more without getting our but my daughter and I had to go meet my aunt. Our ride partners were going on ride 3 without getting out when we left.

6) I agree that the food wasn't as good as it use to be. However, I am still a firm believer in the dining plan. We paid OOP for Tony's and for 3 of us it was $100 for 3 getting the cheapest thing on the menu. It wasn't worth $100 dollars. I know we still pay alot for the dining plan but you have the ability to get whatever you want regardless of the price.

7) There ARE many new replacements for the Hoop De Doo players. Personally, I liked the old Six Pence (wasn't that his name) rather than the new one.

8) If you're staying in the Contemporary with a BLV you can see the Epcot fireworks. You can even go out on your same floor toward the MK balcony/stairs and have a WONDERFUL PRIVATE view of the MK fireworks show. The music is piped in from the 4th floor so you can still here them really well (I was on the 11th floor) HOWEVER, WATCH OUT YOU NEED TO PROP THE DOOR OPEN. I learned this the hard way. I went by myself. Had a great view of the fireworks and went to go back to my room and the door was locked. I had to call my DD to come down and let me back in! LOL

9)We had a great time and waited no more than 35 minutes for ANY ride. However, I think we just caught it lucky. My DSis and family waited an hour for haunted mansion. Everytime we did it we walked right on. They went when easywdw calender told them the MK was the best day. We didn't follow this list.

10) My daughter and I went back one evening to MK to ride and during 8:00 to 10:00 we walked right on POC, HM, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear and SM. It was during the times for the parade, the Magic and Memories show and the fireworks. My dd told me, "Mom, something is wrong there is a longer line for COP than Buzz!

There ARE many new replacements for the Hoop De Doo players. Personally, I liked the old Six Pence (wasn't that his name) rather than the new one.

Six BITS Slokum.

There have been many, many, many cast changes over the years.
(Show has been there since 1974.)

Also, there are multiple actors for all of the roles at any one time, as the show runs 7 nights a week, and actors get days off.

sounds like you found some Disney magic on your trip pixiedust:

10) My daughter and I went back one evening to MK to ride and during 8:00 to 10:00 we walked right on POC, HM, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear and SM. It was during the times for the parade, the Magic and Memories show and the fireworks. My dd told me, "Mom, something is wrong there is a longer line for COP than Buzz!

If you don't care to see the parade or MMY, this is the time to ride! We rode Great Goofini 6 times in a row- 4 times without getting off! We also walked on Tea Cups, Dumbo, IASW and less than 5 minute waits for Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion and Snow White.

1) Watch out for Brizilian tour groups with lime green shirts!!!! I at first thought I had missed some DIS meet and greet until they 1) passed up several people, including us, in line 2) refused to go all the way down the row in Mickey's Phillharmagic 3) Grouped themselves under the walkway under Columbia Harbor House (it was raining) and 4) Acted like they couldn't speak english when people asked them to move. . . oh and I forgot the one that got us the most. . .

9)We had a great time and waited no more than 35 minutes for ANY ride. However, I think we just caught it lucky. My DSis and family waited an hour for haunted mansion. Everytime we did it we walked right on. They went when easywdw calender told them the MK was the best day. We didn't follow this list.

We were there the same time, we saw he lime green shirt group (kinda slick looking shirts like under armour and an older non school group) but they were not from Brazil. All the ones we heard speak were some dirivitive of hindi. We got stuck on the tram and ferry from TTC with them and then again they cut in front of us literally we went around them got in the short tiny que and they opened up the front rope and all 75 of them walked in right in front of us, the CM witness the entire thing and just shrugged apologetically at us. If it hadn't been TTA I would have had a fit but it only increased our wait by maybe 5 minutes. But it was not spanish.

Was the HM incident by any chance on friday night? Posted wait 20 minutes? We were there some kid yacked right before you step onto the conveyer belt, we got to stand right before there for 35+ minutes not moving hearing the loading speil over and over. 2 or 3 managers came and looked at it, 20 or so minutes in cleaning guy finally rode in on a Doombuggy to great cheers from the crowd, cleaned it up, the suits stood around and talked for another 10 minutes or so. Then we boarded, the line was still posted 20 minutes when we walked out. I guess it wasn't changed b/c no one with a 'times card' woudl have been able to board thru yet with the longer time. We park hop alot, followed easy wdw predictions most days and found them to be spot on, hopped to a TP best twice and found it was way off.

Glad to hear you had such a great trip! I was also there last week and only ran into one or two Brazilian groups. Summer is much MUCH worse!

Touring plans remain the most important factor. If you show up to any park mid-day during a relatively busy time, you'll have waits on many of the most popular rides. As the OP said, ROPE DROP, ROPE DROP, ROPE DROP. :)

5) If you like the Rapids ride at AK and are not interested in riding EE head here first thing in the morning. We were the first in line and a man and his two sons, my daughter and I were the ONLY one's on this ride. We rode it 2 times without even getting out and they would have let us ride it more without getting our but my daughter and I had to go meet my aunt. Our ride partners were going on ride 3 without getting out when we left.

Wow... I'll try that!:banana:

8) If you're staying in the Contemporary with a BLV you can see the Epcot fireworks. You can even go out on your same floor toward the MK balcony/stairs and have a WONDERFUL PRIVATE view of the MK fireworks show. The music is piped in from the 4th floor so you can still here them really well (I was on the 11th floor) HOWEVER, WATCH OUT YOU NEED TO PROP THE DOOR OPEN. I learned this the hard way. I went by myself. Had a great view of the fireworks and went to go back to my room and the door was locked. I had to call my DD to come down and let me back in! LOL

Yes, we learned this the hard way too :lmao:
But still worth it! Fortunately DH was able to run downstairs and open the door for us while I stayed on the fire escape with DD.

2) GO IN THE RAIN!!! IT'S WORTH IT!!! It rained almost everyday we were there and we put our rain ponchos on
Yes we always carry emergency ponchos :)

3) GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP! GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP. In other words, GET THERE BEFORE ROPE DROP. There is NO way to tell you how much you can get down those first few hours of the day.
This is really key...and the emphasis is on before...not right at rope drop. You want to be at the front of the crowd.

8) If you're staying in the Contemporary with a BLV you can see the Epcot fireworks. You can even go out on your same floor toward the MK balcony/stairs and have a WONDERFUL PRIVATE view of the MK fireworks show. The music is piped in from the 4th floor so you can still here them really well (I was on the 11th floor) HOWEVER, WATCH OUT YOU NEED TO PROP THE DOOR OPEN.
I stayed in a BLV room this spring, and it was pretty cool that you could see Illuminations (of couse it's a couple miles away - but that's not the point).
I also had the 'private' wishes viewing - it was funny to look down on the 4th and see everyone crowded down. This is my new favorite spot to see the show from.
On propping the door, it also needs to be a firm object since the monorail has a suction effect on the door lol

Yes! I went in the rain once in LA, on Christmas! Back in 2003. It wasn't pouring, but it was enough that not many people were there, plus it was Christmas, so we were literally the only ones in the park :)

We were there the same time, we saw he lime green shirt group (kinda slick looking shirts like under armour and an older non school group) but they were not from Brazil. All the ones we heard speak were some dirivitive of hindi. We got stuck on the tram and ferry from TTC with them and then again they cut in front of us literally we went around them got in the short tiny que and they opened up the front rope and all 75 of them walked in right in front of us, the CM witness the entire thing and just shrugged apologetically at us. If it hadn't been TTA I would have had a fit but it only increased our wait by maybe 5 minutes. But it was not spanish.

Was the HM incident by any chance on friday night? Posted wait 20 minutes? We were there some kid yacked right before you step onto the conveyer belt, we got to stand right before there for 35+ minutes not moving hearing the loading speil over and over. 2 or 3 managers came and looked at it, 20 or so minutes in cleaning guy finally rode in on a Doombuggy to great cheers from the crowd, cleaned it up, the suits stood around and talked for another 10 minutes or so. Then we boarded, the line was still posted 20 minutes when we walked out. I guess it wasn't changed b/c no one with a 'times card' woudl have been able to board thru yet with the longer time. We park hop alot, followed easy wdw predictions most days and found them to be spot on, hopped to a TP best twice and found it was way off.

They waited an hour for Haunted Mansion on Wednesday sometime in the late morning. I don't know how we lucked out but I'm glad we did.

Oh, and I forgot this one. . . we found the wait times to be WAY off for the good. When we rode Pooh's the wait time said 50 minutes but we waited less than 5. All were not this drastic but most were a much shorter wait than listed.

We were there last weekend and can agree- the wait times in the rain were MAGICAL. We did all of our favorite rides and just walked right in. Made walking around in plastic ponchos totally worth it.

This was my first time there at the beginning of June and I found there to be many fewer tour groups than I've seen in the winter and in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter