Just returned home and would like to offer some observations.

Davis2902

Mouseketeer
We were there the 24th-30th and had a great time. Just wanted to share a few observations from our trip and just a small rant.

Lets get the rant out of the way first. If you are PC and easily offended please skip this section. What is it with foreigners not knowing that you have to have a fastpass to get in the fastpass line. We were continually behind people holding the line up that didn't have fastpasses and seemed to have no understanding of the system or English for that matter. I don't see how they even made it to WDW without being able to communicate or comprehend signage. Rant over.

The first two days we were at MK. To me crowds were light for this time of year and we had no problem hitting all the headliners. We had meals at Be Our Guest, Plaza and Skippers Canteen. Skippers was a great surprise and we will be returning.

Epcot was a desert. The wait posted for FEA standby was 100 mins but the line was inside the building so we gave it a shot and I timed it on my phone. We actually waited 22 mins. Lots of people saw the time and went elsewhere so if you go be sure to walk in and look first. Soarin was nice as we sat in the middle row so no distortion. The DVC lounge is a nice place to cool off and if you are members be sure to take advantage.

DHS had more of a crowd but they were mostly all interested in the Star Wars Jedi training and Launch Bay. We rode Toy Story 4 times in the first hour and a half as the 3rd track has really improved the wait. The Star Wars fireworks are awesome, just make sure you are on the left side facing GMR for the full effect.

AK was also deserted. Rode EE 3 times back to back and Kali twice. The Nemo show is always a favorite with my family and I recommend it.

Lets get the rant out of the way first. If you are PC and easily offended please skip this section. What is it with foreigners not knowing that you have to have a fastpass to get in the fastpass line. We were continually behind people holding the line up that didn't have fastpasses and seemed to have no understanding of the system or English for that matter. I don't see how they even made it to WDW without being able to communicate or comprehend signage. Rant over.

Dude, srsly? . Ignorance of the finer points of FP+ is not limited to those who weren't blessed by being born in the USA. I've seen my fair share of Americans guilty of backing up the FP entrance too. And they can't blame a lack of English for it.

Uh you have to mb in to the first section on fp. How did you get stuck behind people without a fp? Do you mean you are irritated at people trying to mb into the first spot without a fp. That I would, well, not quite understand your angst.

The first two days we were at MK. To me crowds were light for this time of year and we had no problem hitting all the headliners. We had meals at Be Our Guest, Plaza and Skippers Canteen. Skippers was a great surprise and we will be returning.

Epcot was a desert. The wait posted for FEA standby was 100 mins but the line was inside the building so we gave it a shot and I timed it on my phone. We actually waited 22 mins. Lots of people saw the time and went elsewhere so if you go be sure to walk in and look first. Soarin was nice as we sat in the middle row so no distortion. The DVC lounge is a nice place to cool off and if you are members be sure to take advantage.

DHS had more of a crowd but they were mostly all interested in the Star Wars Jedi training and Launch Bay. We rode Toy Story 4 times in the first hour and a half as the 3rd track has really improved the wait. The Star Wars fireworks are awesome, just make sure you are on the left side facing GMR for the full effect.

AK was also deserted. Rode EE 3 times back to back and Kali twice. The Nemo show is always a favorite with my family and I recommend it.
Very low crowds this July, I agree.

I don't see how they even made it to WDW without being able to communicate or comprehend signage.
Have you ever traveled to another country where you don't speak the language? how did you manage to get around? Or you will just deprive yourself from the opportunity to travel to a non English speaking country just because you don't speak their language.

Have you ever traveled to another country where you don't speak the language? how did you manage to get around? Or you will just deprive yourself from the opportunity to travel to a non English speaking country just because you don't speak their language.
Yes I have traveled to other countries but I speak spanish as well as english. The fact is that everyone, I mean everyone that we saw doing this was from another country and didn't seem to speak English well.

Yes I have traveled to other countries but I speak spanish as well as english. The fact is that everyone, I mean everyone that we saw doing this was from another country and didn't seem to speak English well.
I don't understand why that point matters. WDW is an international destination

I think sometimes people act like they don't know what is going on to see how far they can go. I am sure sometimes they are just let in the FP+ line acting like they don't understand. I also know there are many clueless visitors out there as well LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter