Just returned from WDW (pretty sad!!!)

Not being flippant at all or trying to steal the thread but is there any evidence that Disney executives ever even look at these boards?:confused3

They'd be crazy not to. I work for a large co. in the transportation industry, and know for a fact that people at our co. (including execs) regularly spend time on the industry-related boards. It's a rare opportunity to get unfiltered anonymous (and free) opinions from customers and employees alike. I'm sure Disney has people who do the same thing.

Not being flippant at all or trying to steal the thread but is there any evidence that Disney executives ever even look at these boards?:confused3

They'd be crazy not to. I work for a large co. in the transportation industry, and know for a fact that people at our co. (including execs) regularly spend time on the industry-related boards. It's a rare opportunity to get unfiltered anonymous (and free) opinions from customers and employees alike. I'm sure Disney has people who do the same thing.

It's true. I can't reveal my source but he/she is very reliable.
pirate:

I can back that up further. I have a direct line to at least one person in the chain responsible for that kind of monitoring and bring things to their attention from time to time.

That said - I still HIGHLY recommend writing a personal letter.

Knox

We are spending our winter in Orlando and go to some aspect of WDW 0nce or twice a week. Maybe my expectations are low, but we thougt things were pretty good. We have been frequent vistors to WDW coming down from Mi. once or twice a year for the lat 15 years. Sure they have changed some things that aren't cool( AC gone-reduced showings at Fantasmic-loss of some steet shows) but geez check the economy. The crowds aren't to bad and people are friendly. Food is still WDW food, not bad for the numbers they are serving. Its not like Orlando is a gourmet mecca anyway. We will keep going and enjoying ourselves' and consider ourselves lucky for being here instead of Michigan for a few months.:coffee: :car: :surfweb:

We're leaving next week for a week at Disney. I have to say, some of the comments here are making me nervous about going.

We're leaving next week for a week at Disney. I have to say, some of the comments here are making me nervous about going.

Don't be nervous. We were there in September and everything was wonderful. Nothing like the OP posted. I am not saying what the OP said isnt true, but I would find it hard to believe that it went downhill so quickly since September. Go and have a magical time! Don't let other peoples comments make you worry.

Sorry to answer an OT question in this thread but, Yes they do read these boards.
I had a question on the DVC board and within five minutes of posting it a customer service agent called me AT WORK none the less and answered my question (dnoyes is the same user name on the DVC member site so they know who I am and how to get ahold of me if you were wondering) So yes they read these boards.

As far as our last trip in December. We stayed at SSR and to be honest it could have been a little cleaner and in better repair. We did wait for over one hour for a boat to DTD that never showed up so we ended up walking to a bus stop. The buses were great for the 7 days we were there and never waited more then 10-15 minutes at any time. Cast members at SSR were great but we still had to go over to AKL to see Anthony (Tony the bartender) for a few :drinking1 he's a great guy if you get the chance to meet him.

It was our third time on DDP and probably the last. Just don't find the value in it like we used to.

I don't know, WDW is still my happiest place on earth. :) I kind of live on the "if you look for something awful you'll find it, but if you look for something beautiful, you'll find it instead" philosophy. Even if things aren't quite as up to par as they usually are, there are still many, many wonderful things still in existence, and a good time can still be had by all.

Rose colored glasses? Maybe, but I'd rather be happy than depressed and/or aggravated!

I don't know, WDW is still my happiest place on earth. :) I kind of live on the "if you look for something awful you'll find it, but if you look for something beautiful, you'll find it instead" philosophy. Even if things aren't quite as up to par as they usually are, there are still many, many wonderful things still in existence, and a good time can still be had by all.

Rose colored glasses? Maybe, but I'd rather be happy than depressed and/or aggravated!

The bottom line is the real 'magic' is always provided by all of us ourselves. It's the way Disney facilitates this that is of concern. If you can overlook the shortcomings, good for you, but there will come a time (for each of us) that will be the breaking point. When enough is enough.

It's not as simple as looking at the glass half empty/half full because each of us have different thresholds, expectations and standards for Disney.

Disney has already failed me when the bottom line and selling the "brand", just like EVERY OTHER COMPANY, became their mantra. What will your personal breaking point be?
pirate:

The bottom line is the real 'magic' is always provided by all of us ourselves. It's the way Disney facilitates this that is of concern. If you can overlook the shortcomings, good for you, but there will come a time (for each of us) that will be the breaking point. When enough is enough.

It's not as simple as looking at the glass half empty/half full because each of us have different thresholds, expectations and standards for Disney.

Disney has already failed me when the bottom line and selling the "brand", just like EVERY OTHER COMPANY, became their mantra. What will your personal breaking point be?
pirate:

Well said!:surfweb:

I was there during Tropical Storm Fay and I was expecting to see paper and food everywhere because of it. Not so. The parks were clean an beautiful just like I remembered from when I was a kid. A lot of what I did notice was people and their behavior. We were at Coral Reef and this lady was going off on the Hostess. The guest seemed like a person who in the none WDW, is at the very bottom of the totem pole. IMHO it's a certain classes of people, with no class, who normally don't get many luxuries in life coming to WDW and expecting to be treated like royalty. They trash the parks littering and smoking. :confused3

I was there during Tropical Storm Fay and I was expecting to see paper and food everywhere because of it. Not so. The parks were clean an beautiful just like I remembered from when I was a kid. A lot of what I did notice was people and their behavior. We were at Coral Reef and this lady was going off on the Hostess. The guest seemed like a person who in the none WDW, is at the very bottom of the totem pole. IMHO it's a certain classes of people, with no class, who normally don't get many luxuries in life coming to WDW and expecting to be treated like royalty. They trash the parks littering and smoking. :confused3

I think the parks are still well kept in spite of the crowds that visit Disney each day but perception is reality in the service business!

I would also agree that some people are very rude and inconsiderate of others and may taint someones experience when visiting Disney. The best advice I could give is to move on "It's your vacation" don't let others spoil your Magic!!

I think the parks are still well kept in spite of the crowds that visit Disney each day but perception is reality in the service business!

I would also agree that some people are very rude and inconsiderate of others and may taint someones experience when visiting Disney. The best advice I could give is to move on "It's your vacation" don't let others spoil your Magic!!

Good advice/bad advice. While I agree that you should not let the rudeness and bad manners of others ruin your vacation the fact is that too much "moving on" gives Disney a free pass and it is their responsibility to keep the parks clean, safe and happy.

The fact that people are bigger slobs today than 50 years ago doesn't change the job Disney SHOULD BE expected do. This is Disney, they have been making huge profits for years. Iger made 13 million last year. This recession did not sneak up on us. Do they not have anything in their business plan to allow for bad times?:confused3

The 'old Disney' did it the right way regardless of whether it was the most profitable way to do things or not. Regardless of whether company growth was in double digits or not. The 'old Disney' took care of their business, the entertainment business first and knew ... They KNEW that quality will always win out over quantity if you seriously and vigorously subscribe to the 'quality' ideal.

So give Disney a free pass if you think things are still OK or if because times are bad they don't have to try as hard or because they're still better than Six Flags. Or give them a free pass because after all they are a business first.

But I won't. The Disney I know was better than Walmart or Home Depot. The Disney I know believes that giving the people more than they expect will always provide for better show, better quality. The Disney I know will always do things that other companies would never dream of, keeping the parks clean, the parks in perfect repair, the happiest best employees (CM's) anywhere.

No free pass from me Disney.
pirate:

Good advice/bad advice. While I agree that you should not let the rudeness and bad manners of others ruin your vacation the fact is that too much "moving on" gives Disney a free pass and it is their responsibility to keep the parks clean, safe and happy.

The fact that people are bigger slobs today than 50 years ago doesn't change the job Disney SHOULD BE expected do. This is Disney, they have been making huge profits for years. Iger made 13 million last year. This recession did not sneak up on us. Do they not have anything in their business plan to allow for bad times?:confused3

The 'old Disney' did it the right way regardless of whether it was the most profitable way to do things or not. Regardless of whether company growth was in double digits or not. The 'old Disney' took care of their business, the entertainment business first and knew ... They KNEW that quality will always win out over quantity if you seriously and vigorously subscribe to the 'quality' ideal.

So give Disney a free pass if you think things are still OK or if because times are bad they don't have to try as hard or because they're still better than Six Flags. Or give them a free pass because after all they are a business first.

But I won't. The Disney I know was better than Walmart or Home Depot. The Disney I know believes that giving the people more than they expect will always provide for better show, better quality. The Disney I know will always do things that other companies would never dream of, keeping the parks clean, the parks in perfect repair, the happiest best employees (CM's) anywhere.

No free pass from me Disney.
pirate:

I agree on the "no free pass". The parks aesthetics as far as cleanliness & hospitality are Disneys responsibility for providing a certain image and they need to be aware if the parks are not up standard and make changes. My reference to " moving on " was to ignore some of the rude people who have the lack of respect for others and not let them ruin your vacation.

Just returned last Friday from WDW and I thought the parks were in great condition. We did, however, have some bad food (places where we have eaten several times before). Hopefully, it was just a fluke but I am concerned as I love Disney and don't want it to go downhill. On Thursday, 2/12, MK was packed!!! I would think this is a good sign. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter