Just returned from WDW, did the basic dining plan and it was great!

disneychic

DIS Veteran
DH and I just returned froma great WDW trip. We did the basic dining plan (1 TS, 1 QS and 1 Snack per person, per day). It was the first time we've ever done the dining plan (we are dvc members and usually order groceries for the room). I'm so glad we tried the dining plan. It was totally worth it for us! There was more than enough food for us -- infact I think it was too much food. We purchased a box of cereal and milk at the store so we had that for breakfast ever day, then we would have quick service lunch and then we used the TS credits for dinner each night. We really didn't even need the snack credits, but we would use them for water when we got thirsty. I was really pleasantly surprised at how good the QS meals were (especially at the resorts). Lots of healthy options! I loved being able to have fruit salad or a yogurt parfait as a dessert! We really liked the dining plan, and we will be doing this for our upcoming stays as well.

That's great, we love the DDP also. We do make use of the snack credits though, sometimes using them for breakfast or if we use a CS for breakfast we would use the snack credit for something in the afternoon, and then of course the TS for all the dinners at all the great restaurants, which in most cases for us is a restaurant in EPCOT.

We are trying the Basic DP, and the DP In fact for the frist time. I was a little disppointed that they did not offer the apptizer anymore and found that out after I bought the package, so much for reading up on It:rotfl2:. We are just going to pay for that OOP no big deal. I am glad to hear that you enjoy It:goodvibes

We had booked the DDP but today I upgraded to the DxDP so we can dine at signature places.

We originally booked the DxDP and then down gradeded to DP,because we thought It was to much food with there TS meals, and another was a diffreince of 400$:scared1: for our trip,so we decided to just do the DP. But then I was going through our plans , and our revised, and revised plans:rotfl2: and seen I added more chacter meals(hay what can I say,where big kids:lmao:) so I was thinking to re-apply the DxDP. I was going over It and still with the extra OOP meals It still did not add up close to the 400.00 It would take for the DxDP.
Where not doing the hippy-do-review,or any signature meals so the extra credits would be a waste. So where still doing the three meals a day, but only paying out half and picking up the cost of the Mugs.

DH and I just returned froma great WDW trip. We did the basic dining plan (1 TS, 1 QS and 1 Snack per person, per day). It was the first time we've ever done the dining plan (we are dvc members and usually order groceries for the room). I'm so glad we tried the dining plan. It was totally worth it for us! There was more than enough food for us -- infact I think it was too much food. We purchased a box of cereal and milk at the store so we had that for breakfast ever day, then we would have quick service lunch and then we used the TS credits for dinner each night. We really didn't even need the snack credits, but we would use them for water when we got thirsty. I was really pleasantly surprised at how good the QS meals were (especially at the resorts). Lots of healthy options! I loved being able to have fruit salad or a yogurt parfait as a dessert! We really liked the dining plan, and we will be doing this for our upcoming stays as well.

We had the standard Dining Plan for the first time in Dec 2009 & also utilized it EXACTLY as you did. We had groceries delivered to our WL room, had breakfast in our room, & had QS for lunch, & table service for dinner.

We used all of our snack & dining plan credits but did not feel too full or miserable. We used the snack credits for water, popcorn, fruit, ice cream, cinnamon nuts, .....

We loved the fact we got dessert with each table or quick service meal. We may not have eaten it all, but it was fun to have it included & try different things we typically would not have tried. It really added to the fun of the vacation !!
:santa::santa::santa:

I'm at the parks now and am unsure if I would do the DDP again. I
Am traveling with my 2 kids. We have 2 days left with 15 snack credits, 9 CS and 9 TS. We've been having ts for lunch and are too full for dinner. My 9 year old is eating my food quite a bit as the kids meals are disappointing. I think it would have been cheaper for using I paid oop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter