Just returned from the Magic where everyone got sick (ALSO CAN POST HERE)

On our spring break Magic cruise last year, three out of four in my family got something that sounds similar to Norwalk. It does make for a miserable cruise while one has it (or one's children have it), but I wanted to mention it was made much easier for us because we had a veranda cabin. The night my daughter threw up in her bunkbed, I didn't want to put her into bed with us in case she threw up again, so she and I spent the rest of the night in a chair outside on the veranda.

When we had to stay in the cabin with a sick child, at least we had the veranda to enjoy.

We are going to cruise again this spring break, and when making reservations I thought briefly about saving $800 and getting a window cabin, but remembered what a lifesaver the veranda was in our time of illness, and booked another veranda cabin.

I hope no one gets sick again!!

All 4 of my family members were sick within 3 days of departing the 9/21 Magic. How could I ever blame DCL for that? It happens. We have all been sick again and this time it is being spread at school.

Bev, I'm sorry you all got sick. Are you all feeling better now? We had the second seating breakfast on Saturday and if I remember correctly, our room stewart pushed our survey under our door around 7:15 or 7:30 so that menas that the first seating for breakfast had already left their cabins. Yes, I agree with you that they should have passed them out earlier. But since DCL did not make the survey and it came directly form CDC, I wonder if DCL did give them to us as soon as they got them... They may not have gotten them till then.

All 4 of my family members were sick within 3 days of departing the 9/21 Magic. How could I ever blame DCL for that? It happens.

Kelsie,
I couldn't agree with you more. Steve got sick the night we got home. I certainly don't blame Disney for that--it happens. Anytime you are in close quarters with a group of people this can happen. I cannot imagine blaming Disney for that. It sounds as if they are doing everything in their power (as far as cleaning/disinfecting/serving/etc.) to make things as safe as possible.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter