Just returned from the 3/13-3/18 Dream cruise.....

nancynymomof3

Mouseketeer
it was amazing! I celebrated my 40th birthday on board with my husband and 3 children and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

I was impressed with how courteous and helpful all of the crew members were and how clean everything was. I'm a clean freak and I looked for dirt and could not find any, lol.

The boarding process was as simple as could be. We were on the ship before 12pm.

My 7 year old son loved the Oceaneers Club. He even spent the entire day at Scuttles Cove on Castaway Cay. He did not want to leave the ship and when my husband told him that we booked a cruise for next May, his eyes almost came out of his head!

The only complaint I have and it might seem minor was that on the first and second night, we tried to order room service and after 10 minutes, we hung up. We were looking forward to ordering and after the long wait, we just decided to go by the pool area to get some food. It was better after the 2nd night.

We had a surprise the night of my birthday. The captain announced that the Magic would be passing us later that evening. So, when the time came, we all went to look and she passed us and the battle of the horns started! It was great! I got some great pics of the Magic as she passed by.

It was a great vacation. We enjoyed it thoroughly and will be repeat Disney customers.

Sounds like you had a really great trip! We are going for our first Disney Cruise with our two daughters next month and we are looking forward to it. I am hoping our 5 year old likes the kids club as much as your 7 year old did! :yay:
Thanks for sharing!

it was amazing! I celebrated my 40th birthday on board with my husband and 3 children and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

I was impressed with how courteous and helpful all of the crew members were and how clean everything was. I'm a clean freak and I looked for dirt and could not find any, lol.

The boarding process was as simple as could be. We were on the ship before 12pm.

My 7 year old son loved the Oceaneers Club. He even spent the entire day at Scuttles Cove on Castaway Cay. He did not want to leave the ship and when my husband told him that we booked a cruise for next May, his eyes almost came out of his head!

The only complaint I have and it might seem minor was that on the first and second night, we tried to order room service and after 10 minutes, we hung up. We were looking forward to ordering and after the long wait, we just decided to go by the pool area to get some food. It was better after the 2nd night.

We had a surprise the night of my birthday. The captain announced that the Magic would be passing us later that evening. So, when the time came, we all went to look and she passed us and the battle of the horns started! It was great! I got some great pics of the Magic as she passed by.

It was a great vacation. We enjoyed it thoroughly and will be repeat Disney customers.

I love reading first timer trip reports. So glad you had a great time. We are going on our 22 cruise on the Fantasy in May and I still get just as excited.

Loved reading your comments and I can feel your excitement through your report.

I know this ship is amazing. We got off the 9th and was very, very sad to leave. I wanted to take my servers with me. My DS was in the oceaneer lab and he loved it also. There is so much for them to do there and it looks really fun.:) Trust me you will do the cruise again. I already have another one booked for next March already. Should of booked it on the ship...

Fantasy cruise. But, after arriving home, I looked at this year's school calendar and see that AP exams are given that week. So, I might have to switch it to April! One less month to wait, so I'm not complaining!

i'm taking my mom and sister on a 4 night cruise on the Dream.

(i was on the Wonder twice 12 and 10 years ago with my family - DH, DD, and DS)

my mom and sister (85 and 62 years young) have never been on DCL and i'm hoping they enjoy it.
i hope that it won't be too 'kiddieish' for them.

but when i looked at the other cruise lines offering 4 night cruises, DCL just seemed to be the best. So that's what i booked!!

Was this a 5-night Dream leaving on a Friday? If so, would you will be willing to post your Navigators? So glad you had a great trip. I spent my 40th on the Wonder a couple of years ago and there is no better place. :)

i'm taking my mom and sister on a 4 night cruise on the Dream.

(i was on the Wonder twice 12 and 10 years ago with my family - DH, DD, and DS)

my mom and sister (85 and 62 years young) have never been on DCL and i'm hoping they enjoy it.
i hope that it won't be too 'kiddieish' for them.

but when i looked at the other cruise lines offering 4 night cruises, DCL just seemed to be the best. So that's what i booked!!

I had to laugh at your "kiddie-ish" comment...I'm over 60 and absolutely LOVE all things Disney! It's a state of mind, and I hope their minds are in the right state!!:rotfl: My sis is my Disney travel companion (she's over 60 too) and we just sailed in Jan. for the first time. We booked to go again in a few weeks!! It's addictive!!

What was that famous quote? "...Age is mind over matter....if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!" :cool1:

Sunday. I didn't save any of my Navigators. Next time I will. I would've liked to look at them to reminisce, lol.

I had to laugh at your "kiddie-ish" comment...I'm over 60 and absolutely LOVE all things Disney! It's a state of mind, and I hope their minds are in the right state!!:rotfl: My sis is my Disney travel companion (she's over 60 too) and we just sailed in Jan. for the first time. We booked to go again in a few weeks!! It's addictive!!

well i'm 56 - so not exactly a spring chicken, but as my name says, i'm a disneyholic. My mom and sister aren't exactly disney haters, though they come close and certainly always find an opportunity to make fun of my family's disney addiction.

But i'm taking them on this cruise (sort of an adult make a wish kind of thing)...
4 nights is the most i thought they'd be able to do so that limits my choices.
i want it to be high quality and i don't think the RCCL, NCL and Carnival ships that do 4 night cruises are high quality (RCCL and NCL do have quality ships, but not on the 4 night itinerary).
so i'm 'stuck' with DCL. I'm happy. I hope they will be!!

We sailed our first trip March 9-13th and loved it as well! The weather was really too cold for us to swim and our CC day was cold and rainy! But there's so much to do on the ship, even if it's just sitting on deck 4 in a lounge chair!

My 8 yr. old loved the Oceaneers Club too, but only got there twice for about an hour. It seemed everytime we went, they were closed for open houses, then she got sick so she did't get to spend as much time there as she would have liked!

We didn't re-book, no vacation in the budget for the next few years....but I will be watching the ships itineraries and if something looks incredible, I will really want to go again!:banana:

We sailed our first trip March 9-13th and loved it as well! The weather was really too cold for us to swim and our CC day was cold and rainy! But there's so much to do on the ship, even if it's just sitting on deck 4 in a lounge chair!

My 8 yr. old loved the Oceaneers Club too, but only got there twice for about an hour. It seemed everytime we went, they were closed for open houses, then she got sick so she did't get to spend as much time there as she would have liked!

We didn't re-book, no vacation in the budget for the next few years....but I will be watching the ships itineraries and if something looks incredible, I will really want to go again!:banana:

what's an open house?

We will be doing the same Tuesday-Sunday Dream cruise next week. It's our first Disney cruise and I feel like I have so many questions. The big one is: Was there a formal night or a semi-formal night for dinner? I want to make sure we bring appropriate attire. I know the other nights are no shorts, tanks, etc, but I'm kind of clueless about the semi vs formal thing on a 5 night cruise.
Also, what's the one thing you'd do again and what's the one thing you'd skip next time?

Thanks!
Jennifer

We will be doing the same Tuesday-Sunday Dream cruise next week. It's our first Disney cruise and I feel like I have so many questions. The big one is: Was there a formal night or a semi-formal night for dinner? I want to make sure we bring appropriate attire. I know the other nights are no shorts, tanks, etc, but I'm kind of clueless about the semi vs formal thing on a 5 night cruise.
Also, what's the one thing you'd do again and what's the one thing you'd skip next time?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Hey, neighbor to the north. We're on the same cruise (first time also) and I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that we'll have one semi-formal night (which by the way, we won't be dressing up for).

Hey, neighbor to the north. We're on the same cruise (first time also) and I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that we'll have one semi-formal night (which by the way, we won't be dressing up for).

Thanks! I thought I had read somewhere about one semi-formal night but I got confused when we got the email about tux/evening wear rentals. I guess those go out to everyone regardless. Definitely not doing tuxes!

Can't believe it's just days away now. Finally finishing my fish extenders and packing everything up so it's out of my dining room! :woohoo:

and then they had a semi-formal night. The other days were cruise casual. There was a mix of everything. I saw some people dressed up and others not so dressed up.

One thing I would do again is book a room with a verandah (which is what we did for next year). I liked to be able to walk outside and look at the ocean, island, stars, etc.

One thing I would not do again is bring so many clothes! Especially my 2 daughters. We were on an island 3 out of the 5 days so we didn't even need shorts or shirts that day. Only a bathing suit, cover-up and dinner clothes.

You will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter