Just returned from SSR and LOVED IT!

Erineliza38

Mouseketeer
We own at BLT- but stayed at SSR for a mommy/kid trip this past Saturday through Wednesday. What a wonderful resort. The kids (who are 3.5 years old) loved the new Paddock Pool and had a great time doing poolside crafts. We also used the Community Hall for the first time and they had such fun coloring pillowcases. It was so peaceful and lovely. Truly felt "on vacation" vs. hustling around in a bunch of activity all the time. I loved it so much I changed our BLT reservations for May to SSR. I am actually tempted to try to sell BLT and re-buy at SSR; however, most of the time there seems to be availability there- so not sure if this is necessary. Plus, if new construction at GF ends up being DVC- I really want to buy there! So many choices, so little money :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there. We own at BCV but have enjoyed 5 SSR vacations. It is a very nice resort and deserves more love than it gets here.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip so much. The DGC will be trying out the new pool over Halloween weekend. I wouldn't know how to advise you regarding your points.

Bobbi:goodvibes

glad you enjoyed your stay--we own at SSR and have enjoyed staying at some of the other resorts. Have you tried OKW?? We were there in May and really liked the pools.

Glad you enjoyed it. We were recently stayed at BLT and SSR on an AO anniversary trip. We spent the first two nights at BLT and then 3 at SSR before the cruise. BLT was a nice change, but SSR is definitely more our style. Can't seem to shake the enjoyment of SSR each time we
ve stayed there.

We checked out the new pool and agreed our kids will love it. The fact that it is fenced from the other area makes it even better!!

Jim

Tell me more about coloring pillowcases. My middle DD is a pillowcase coloring junkie- I can't keep any of the plain white. :laughing: Where do they do this?

Thanks for the TR. We love SSR as well, especially the Congress Park area. Love to walk or boat to DTD, it's lovely day or night!

Tell me more about coloring pillowcases. My middle DD is a pillowcase coloring junkie- I can't keep any of the plain white. :laughing: Where do they do this?

Over at the Community Hall they had scheduled events each day. Some required money- others were free. To color pillowcases was $7 per child. They had several designs to choose from. My son colored Lightening McQueen and my daughter colored the princesses. We will absolutely be reviewing the activity calendar when we return in May!

Staying at SSR feels more like a relaxed vacation to us also! We really enjoy the atmosphere.

Over at the Community Hall they had scheduled events each day. Some required money- others were free. To color pillowcases was $7 per child. They had several designs to choose from. My son colored Lightening McQueen and my daughter colored the princesses. We will absolutely be reviewing the activity calendar when we return in May!

:thanks: We are planning a nice long trip and are planning on a resort day so this is perfect!

BLT also has a community hall (activity center) and it has daily stuff to do too.

all the community halls do this.

while I prefer BLT - can understand you liking SSR. now I definitely prefer OKW to SSR - but think that is a matter of atmosphere.

Stayed at SSR this summer and also loved it. We are VWL owners who are looking to add on at SSR. Very relaxing. The CM's were wonderful. Loved the pools (& pool bar!!) transportation. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

Agreed, I switched in Aug, my AK room to SSR with more points per night. With the new pool, it is even more perfect... Now add a kids club, and BC will have a run for its #1 spot in my book.

Artists Pallet to me is the only QS/Market place of all the resorts on property that is peaceful, and enjoyable with my morning coffee. DD6 colors pics, and eats her bagel n cream cheese while I get refills, and dunk my Mickey waffles in syrup. :cloud9:

The 2 walk in pools, the DTD lights at night. The walk to DTD.. All this together ... :cloud9:

I have stayed at SSR several times and love it. Actually, if you haven't stayed at all of the DVCs yet, I would highly recommend it. We have stayed at all (many more than once), and have found we love them all! On the other hand, if you do, you may experience major add-on-itis pangs! :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed SSR! It's one of my favorites. :cloud9:

Glad you had a great time! We love it there too! I know what you mean about it being such a relaxed feel, we also love the close proximity to DTD!:thumbsup2

So happy to hear how you enjoyed SSR. We love it there as well. And we are proud to be owners of both SSR and BLT. And we absolutely love them both. The relaxed feel of SSR is just so, well, relaxing. We love just walking around the resort itself. Our favorite area to date is the Grandstand. We can't wait to try the new area some time.

And BLT, well, it is just so different from where we live that we love it. Makes us feel like we are really somewhere different. Last September was our first time staying there and WOW! We just got a standard 2 bedroom and I tell ya even though we were only on the 2nd floor, when we opened the curtains and had a perfect view of the Castle, it just couldn't have gotten any better. I realize we had a closeup view of the parking lot but at night with all the lights on it was absolutely serene. One morning I couldn't sleep and just sat out in the living room on the couch looking out the window thinking, man am I lucky.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is I'm so glad you love your DVC because we do too! :thumbsup2

We are owners at both SSR and AKV. We love them both, but the relaxed atmosphere at SSR is just the best. We are empty-nesters and have been for some time and we wouldn't care if we always stayed at SSR. We have tried all DVC both BCV and we have enjoyed each and everyone of them. All of them have something special to offer. I don't understand people feeling cheated if they can't stay at a certain resort. It is a vacation, just relax and enjoy the surroundings. Hope to have a big family get together at SSR in a year or two with all the kids and grandkids. Being close to DTD is a great advantage also. The Cast Members at SSR are the best and we love both the Artists Pallette and The Turf Club at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter