Just returned from POR

philliesflyers

Hockey mom
We stayed at this resort 10years ago and I was getting worried with some of the posts about the resort.

I can't complain about anything. bus wait was never too long, food good, pool great. Son went fishing and had a great time.

My suggest to anyone is go with your instinct. Don't rely solely on what people post.

There can be something wrong with anywhere you travel

Glad you had a good time! I agree with you about going with your instinct! We stayed at POFQ last year and staying there again this summer. When I booked with Disney, the CM made a comment "you stayed there last year and you still want to stay there again?". Nice...

We are easy-going people and loved the relaxing atmosphere of the Port Orleans resorts. We had everything we needed, everything was close by, the people were friendly. What more could you ask for?

I'm so glad your stay was good. I love that place and was so worried with all the reports lately.

We stayed at this resort 10years ago and I was getting worried with some of the posts about the resort.

I can't complain about anything. bus wait was never too long, food good, pool great. Son went fishing and had a great time.

My suggest to anyone is go with your instinct. Don't rely solely on what people post.

I couldn't agree more. There's always people who will complain - search for something to complain about. :mad:

I am there in 38 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and 49 seconds according to a countdown of mine and I cannot wait! :dance3:

If I see a trend in posts I pay attention. Otherwise there is some subjectiveness and luck of the draw. If you are becoming used to Deluxe resorts you cast a more critical eye while the Value person may appreciate the jump in amenities. We enjoyed POR but probably won't go back being spoiled by the Deluxes (though I still want to make up for that missed Coronado opportunity).

I couldn't agree more.::yes:: We stayed there last year and had the same worries.:worried: We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.:teleport:

So true! Glad you had a good time and enjoyed POR. We think it's beautiful! We still think of it as "Dixie Landings" though. :goodvibes And my family loves the pool.....one of the best on property,imho.

POR is my home away from home. While I stayed (and loved) the Poly last trip, I can't wait to go back! Happy to hear you had a great time.

We will return to POR in 74 days and really enjoy the resort. Only once have we had a bad experience and it was at check-in. Little old lady was kinda rude! Can't wait to get back to Disney! We are counting down the days to fall break.:cool1:

We're going soon too for our second visit there. Of course we don't have too much of an affordable choice now with 3 kids :goodvibes . Is the pool water still heated as nicely as it was two years ago?

:wizard: We are going to POR for the first time in 19 days and have also been worried about the negative reviews. We loved CBR but wanted to try something different this year. This is also the first time we will be in WDW without a car and were getting very nervous about the bus complaints.
Thanks for your encouraging words!

We'll be there in 129 days. It's our first stay at POR and I can't wait. The resort looks absolutely beautiful. I can't wait til the boat ride to Downtown Disney... for my shopping and sundae at Ghirardelli's and my lunch at "The Earl." Gotta love DTD!!!

:banana: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I'm so glad to hear good things! We're staying there in October and I'm really excited. I was there once when it was Dixie Landings but that was fourteen years ago and i was about 8 at the time, so I don't remember a whole ton about the hotel. I think people tend to get hung up on little things. I figure if we could all stand being crammed in a FW cabin (which I love - but not for 4 adults, 1 kid, and 2 babies - it was a budget trip :rotfl:), 2 rooms at POR will seem incredibly spacious.

I also thank you for the positive report. My family and I will be there in 50 days!! :woohoo: I can't wait. This will be our first time there and we are so looking forward to it. From all the pictures I've seen the resort looks so beautiful. Can't wait to ride the boat to DTD.:yay:

Thanks, for the good review. We'll be staying there for the first time in Sept and I was a little concerned, because of all the bad reviews the transportation for this resort gets. May I ask what building you were in and how far it was from the main building and bus stops?

Glad you had a great time.

I definitely agree with this rule. I have seen so many negative comments about Pop Century, yet it is my all time favoriate resort so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter