Just Returned from CSR with lots of PICS

Davey-D-99

DIS Veteran
We just returned Wednesday from a week at CSR:thumbsup2
We had an awesome vacation and the resort was fabulous. It was so peaceful, quiet and relaxing
We stayed at POR last year and switched to CSR this year.
Loved both places, but I have to say the Queen beds at CSR made a huge difference at night sleeping with little ones.

Happy to report the Pepper Market was very good...We ate there twice, all stopped at different stations and had absolutely no problems (I was a little worried about PM after all the reviews here on the DIS)

Kids LOVED the Dig Site. I cant count how many times they went down the Jaguar slide. The huge Hot Spa pool was also a big hit almost every night.

Bus service was awesome:thumbsup2 I found the bus situation much better than POR last year. I don't think any of the bus rides felt like more than 10 minutes.

Here are some pics

Scenery
Coronado-1.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

Dig Site...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
DSC00264.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

Here are some of the menus... My DW thinks I'm nuts for taking pics of signs:scared:

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

And finally...inside Panchitos Gift Shop
DSC00119.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

Love the photos (may I copy and paste some of them in the CSR photo thread?). I'm thrilled that you loved your stay at the CSR.

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing them! They're making me so excited for our first trip to CSR in May! And the queen beds are exactly why we chose this moderate resort over the others. When you have to sleep with the kids, that extra little space makes a big difference - especially when they kick at night! :goodvibes

Great pics. CSR has been one of those resorts I haven't really shown much interest in....but your pics really make me want to try it. The pool area and playground look lots of fun.

Hello!

We just returned from CSR also, and loved the resort and the queen size beds but were not happy with the bus situation. We waited for over an hour on Tuesday AM for a bus to MK. In the evenings it would usually take us over an hour to get home b/c they simply didn't run enough buses. On Tuesday afternoon, while trying to get back to the hotel from MK we watched Beach Clb have 3 buses while we waited 20 minutes for one. My DH has decided we will not be staying at this resort again. I am surprised no one else had this. Anyone? On the flip side, once we were at the parks, it was great, they were empty and we had an AWESOME time.

Hello!

We just returned from CSR also, and loved the resort and the queen size beds but were not happy with the bus situation. We waited for over an hour on Tuesday AM for a bus to MK. In the evenings it would usually take us over an hour to get home b/c they simply didn't run enough buses. On Tuesday afternoon, while trying to get back to the hotel from MK we watched Beach Clb have 3 buses while we waited 20 minutes for one. My DH has decided we will not be staying at this resort again. I am surprised no one else had this. Anyone? On the flip side, once we were at the parks, it was great, they were empty and we had an AWESOME time.

I can't comment personally on the buses as we rent a car and drive to all the parks (we did use a bus once on our trip in September just to experience and we waited less than 5 minutes at 6 p.m. for a MK bus and there were two buses waiting when we left the MK at 11:00 at night). However, in all of the posts I've read on the CSR, 75% of the time I've read great reviews of the bus service. I know it can be hit or miss at any resort (and the reason we drive); the worse bus service we had was at the All-Star Sports when we used buses for that trip.

Love the photos (may I copy and paste some of them in the CSR photo thread?). I'm thrilled that you loved your stay at the CSR.

Absolutely!! Your thread helped me a lot and I'm glad we stayed at CSR:thumbsup2

Did you have transportation issues?

Wow...No we did not have have any issues like the ones you mentioned. :eek:

I don't think we waited any more than 10-15 minutes at most for any bus.

Coming back after Wishes it was really crowded and we had to wait for at least 3 CSR busses before we got on, but it was just as crowded at all the resort bus stops.

the queen beds are exactly why we chose this moderate resort over the others. When you have to sleep with the kids, that extra little space makes a big difference - especially when they kick at night

The queen beds were the deciding factor for us as well:thumbsup2 Really happy with our decision in the end.
POR was beautiful as well and we also loved our stay there last year...but sleeping with a 7 year old in a double bed:sad2::sad2:

Hello!

I agree. We were there last year around the 2nd week of December and some times we waited 30 - 45 minutes for a bus and others were getting 2 or 3. We decided never again at this resort.

Pics of menus and resorts are great! It really helps give a feel of what the resort is like. Glad you had a good trip, CSR is terrific.:earsboy:

WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing. This makes me even more excited that we will be staying here for the first time on our trip in April!:banana:

Hello!

We just got back last night from a week at CSR and also experienced a couple of transportation issues, but only to MK. On Monday we waited over 45 minutes and on Wednesday about 40 minutes. Busses from MK and to/from all of the other parks were fine. We asked a few cast members but no one could/would explain the MK bus problem.

WOW!!!:thumbsup2 thank you for the time and effort of taking and posting the pictures...cant wait til June when we check in there.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter