Just returned from cruise-Day 1

Grumpy0831

Earning My Ears
I can't believe that last week at this time I was in the middle of a wonderful 7 day cruise! I read these message boards for weeks before the cruise, and honestly, I think I suffered from withdrawal symptoms! But...I wrote a journal and kept all kinds of notes to help me with my next cruise and to help anyone else who needs it.

So- I am going to start with Day 1...

We live in Orlando and drove and parked at the port. Security was tight, but not at all an inconvience. I welcomed it, to be truthful. That morning on the news a terrorist cruise warning had been given for overseas!

We arrived at 10:30 and did not have to wait for more than 5 minutes to check in. They let me do all of that while my husband was parking the car. He just had to step up and show that his face matched his passport when he got into the building. (We didn't have to wait in line again.)

The line to the entrance of the ship had already begun to grow. We got in that line and waited until 12:30 to get on board. It was ok for us because we didn't have little ones with us, but for little ones be sure to bring along a walkman, gameboy, books, etc. They have snacks for sale, but I would suggest you bring something. Also, have your cameras ready because the characters will make an appearance close to boarding time.

Once on board, they have a wonderful spread...shrimp, the best mashed sweet potatoes I have ever had, cold cuts, desserts, etc...

We went immediately and signed up at Palos and the spa...the spa filled up quickly. Palos wasn't too bad, just know what day you want ahead of time. You can sign up for the brunch at this time also. BE SURE TO GO TO PALO'S FOR DINNER! It is so worth the $5 per person.

Our luggage was in our room by time we returned so we spent some time unpacking. The best thing we had was a clear shoe holder which we bought for $5.99 at Target. We hung it on the back of our bathroom door and kept all of our cosmetics, shampoo, etc in it. It was an excellent space saver!

We went to the Welcome Aboard Show which should not be missed! Dinner was at Lumiere's . I had cauliflower soup, herb crusted sea bass and a choc souffle. YUM! Doug had shrimp cocktail, roast tenderloin, and creme brulee. Be sure to ask for a variety of appetizers. Don't limit yourself to just one.

We were on Deck 1/ocean view. The only problem we had sleeping was with the sound of the water against the ship. Movement was slight to next to nothing!

Day 2 to follow.....

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Tracy
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Loved your day 1! Interesting comment about deck 1 with the ocean waves. We've never had that problem in our three cruises since we are inside category 11. lol!!! Our upcoming 7 day western cruise we'll be on deck 2 with a ocean view for once.

Looking forward to more...
Tina
Magic 1/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter