Just returned and I have to say

moose1283

Earning My Ears
We enjoyed our trip but I would say I enjoyed the resort much better (Wilderness Lodge). The parks are starting to loose the magic for me. I do not know what it is but there is something missing. So guess what? I am planning another trip without stepping foot in the park. Any suggestions? We plan on hanging around the resort (Boardwalk). Going to Fort Wilderness for camp fire, mini golf. ??????

I just got home too!
It was an amazing trip but I have to admit I was shocked by the amount of people in the parks since it's February. It was my first time staying at a deluxe resort which was the Poly and upon checkin we got upgraded to concierge level instead of just the standard garden view we had originally paid for which was lovely. However, I have to agree with the OP somewhat. The parks aren't really losing the magic for me, but something doesn't feel the same. I wouldn't mind taking a short trip without stepping foot into the parks. If it were going to be like a week long trip though I'd have to go to the parks a couple of days.
I just realized something...
it stinks to be home :headache:

We enjoyed our trip but I would say I enjoyed the resort much better (Wilderness Lodge). The parks are starting to loose the magic for me. I do not know what it is but there is something missing. So guess what? I am planning another trip without stepping foot in the park. Any suggestions? We plan on hanging around the resort (Boardwalk). Going to Fort Wilderness for camp fire, mini golf. ??????

Definately go to AKL for Boma and animal viewing. That place is amazing!! It's like a mini theme park minus the crowds. If you go at night, you can check out the night vision binoculars that the CM offer.

Check out Cirque de Soleil at DTD. We might do this during our next trip.

May I ask why you were so disappointed with your stay? We just got back as well (1/31-2/6). I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Take some young kids with you then, I bet it won't lose it's magic any more =)

I sort of feel the same way...I am still very excited about the parks for our next trip but I am looking forward to trying things i don't normally think we have time for. This time I want to try the Adventurer's Club at PI and walk around the Boardwalk. :)

I've gotta ask ... do you live within reasonable driving distance or do you fly to Orlando?

Because if you fly, there are so many other wonderful places to visit and experience. Disney resorts are nice enough ... hey, I love Disney World! ... but there are so many other great places to see just in our country alone.

If you live close enough to drive, I totally understand it. But if you have to fly to get to Orlando, fly somewhere else instead! There really are great things all around!

Take some young kids with you then, I bet it won't lose it's magic any more =)

Hey Super I have a 3 boys 10, 7 & 4. The last 2 trips in the parks something has changed it"s not the same. It may just be me.

I've gotta ask ... do you live within reasonable driving distance or do you fly to Orlando?

Because if you fly, there are so many other wonderful places to visit and experience. Disney resorts are nice enough ... hey, I love Disney World! ... but there are so many other great places to see just in our country alone.

If you live close enough to drive, I totally understand it. But if you have to fly to get to Orlando, fly somewhere else instead! There really are great things all around!

Hello CleveRocks we take other trips but I go back to WDW because I do feel that something there that I don't feel anywhere else. Skiing in the snow comes in a close second. I live in New Orleans and it's just a quick drive! :rotfl2:

I just got home too!
It was an amazing trip but I have to admit I was shocked by the amount of people in the parks since it's February. It was my first time staying at a deluxe resort which was the Poly and upon checkin we got upgraded to concierge level instead of just the standard garden view we had originally paid for which was lovely. However, I have to agree with the OP somewhat. The parks aren't really losing the magic for me, but something doesn't feel the same. I wouldn't mind taking a short trip without stepping foot into the parks. If it were going to be like a week long trip though I'd have to go to the parks a couple of days.
I just realized something...
it stinks to be home :headache:

DisneyGirlie did the purple and gold bother you? It was everywhere.

Hoop Dee Do Review

Go to one of the resorts on Bay Lake and rent the little water sprites.

Is it Port Orleans resort that has fishing?

Disney Quest, a movie or Cirque at DTD.

I was at the same point back 5 or 6 years ago. When I look back it was me and not WDW that had lost the magic. I'm glad to say that I "found my way back"! And now every time I go to WDW its a magical experience.:thumbsup2

I still enjoy the Parks, but I wanted to try something different instead. So I booked a Deluxe with the Premium Plan for my next trip. This gave me the option of trying out the tours, most of the recreation that Disney provides and charges extra, and all of the signature dining I can take. Right now I'm at my planning stage, and I'm thinking of taking golf lessons and learn how to play golf. Mu current plan is to spend my mornings at the parks and the rest of day doing other things.

The Boardwalk area is a great place to stay if you want to spend more time at the resorts and less time in the parks. You have five different resorts with restaurants and shops to enjoy, plus the evening entertainment on the Boardwalk. It's an easy walk or boat ride to the Studios, where you can easily catch buses to other resorts (if you don't have a car), making resort hopping very simple. Sometimes people get so caught up in the parks that they don't take the time to experience all the other recreational facilities on property. Take time to rent a boat, or some bicycles, or maybe go on the new FW Segway tour. There's lots of stuff to do without ever going to the parks. I spend at least a couple long weekends a year at WL, and don't go to the parks even though I have an AP.

I don't know when you plan on going again but we were there around Christmas and had a great time looking at all the gingerbread houses (carousels, etc.)at the different resorts. Also, the Beach Club where we were staying had a list of activities for the week (movies on the beach at night, yoga in the morning, gingerbread house decorating, Wii tournament). We've also stayed at Saratoga Springs and they have bike rentals and a clubhouse with a pool table. The parks can be fun but exhausting. Vacations should be more about relaxing and spending time with the family. I'm with you. Sometimes I'd rather just hang out at the hotels, there are some great ones. Animal Kingdom Lodge is spectacular.

OP, will your 3 boys (10,7,4) be happy not going to the parks? Do they not like any attractions there? I guess if you are doing a short trip, minigolf and a waterpark or two might fill the days, but you can do that anywhere...

HDDR, dining at the other resorts, Downtown Disney for a movie, the sports complex, and doing some offsite stuff come to mind. If you drive there and have your own car, it would be much easier to do all these things as well.

If you are looking for something Disney but different I HIGHLY recommend taking a Disney cruise. The ship is beautiful and the service is excellent. It is Disney but very different - interesting ports and excursions.

I finally had a "duh" moment last year and booked my first cruise and I don't know why it had not occurred to me before! It was an awesome trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks for your input but I still want a Disney experience. I just want to keep it simple. No rushing to stand in line. I want to feed the ducks and smell the air. So if you have any lazy afternoon suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

My favorite trips have been the ones where we don't go to the parks. There is
so much more to "The World" than that. So much more to discover. :goodvibes

We sleep in.....
go to the pool and swim....participate in the kids activities at pool.
SSR, BWV, OKW have community halls....lots of fun.

Plan a nice dinner every night....or a show.
Catch the fireworks on the poly beach....
Rent a boat on Bay Lake....
Go parasailing at the Contemporary.

Do a tour.....sunrise/sunset....AKL...a segway tour....
Behind the scenes...etc...

Walk the BW area on the weekends....lots of stuff going on.

Put the kids in a kids club or kids nite out.....have a night alone:goodvibes
Happy Planning
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter