• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just received a pin code - which resort to choose?

funsized

Earning My Ears
I am planning our family vacation for next August for my son, niece and myself. We will spend 4 days in the World followed by a Disney cruise.

I just received a pin code for August:goodvibes and when I priced out the rooms at AOA and AKL it is only a $73.68 difference between the two but I don't know which resort to pick. I narrowed it down to these two resorts because we need 3 beds.

The kids will be 13 and 14 at that time. We will visit all 4 parks so not really sure how much time we will spend at the resort.

Thanks!
:)

AKL - such a nice pool - has it's own buses - great places to eat - oh did I say views of the safari just outside your door or window!

Congrats on your PIN code. :cool1:

We have never received one - but alas we go to WDW anyway :rotfl2:

AKL - such a nice pool - has it's own buses - great places to eat - oh did I say views of the safari just outside your door or window! Congrats on your PIN code. :cool1: We have never received one - but alas we go to WDW anyway :rotfl2:

I agree 1000% AKL all the way! My favorite resort, hands down. Congrats on the code.

AKL all the way it is by far our favorite resort! We've stayed at both AOA and AKL and my Ds who is 11 says AKL hands down!!

With the age of your kids, I would vote for AKL!! It's an amazing resort!

Here's another vote for AKL!!! The resort is AMAZING!!

I am planning our family vacation for next August for my son, niece and myself. We will spend 4 days in the World followed by a Disney cruise.

I just received a pin code for August:goodvibes and when I priced out the rooms at AOA and AKL it is only a $73.68 difference between the two but I don't know which resort to pick. I narrowed it down to these two resorts because we need 3 beds.

The kids will be 13 and 14 at that time. We will visit all 4 parks so not really sure how much time we will spend at the resort.

Thanks!
:)

Another vote for AKL :thumbsup2. We've never stayed at AoA, but AKL is amazing :goodvibes.

I think both resorts look great, have visited both and stayed at neither, but I am voting AKL hands down !!!

Also, staying there in less than 7 months ! :)

I just had the awesome opportunity to stay two days at AKL (club level) after staying 5 days at Pop in August. It was a lovely resort. We also stayed at AOA last December but LM rooms not suites.
I think there are different reasons for everyone, but AKL is a deluxe and happens to have a nice counter service area that is open til 11pm some others are small. This is important to me. You also have a beautiful pool with a slide and jacuzzis. You have neat activities even for older kids. A really nice gym, an awesome lobby, 2 restaurants. Beautiful views.
Just curious what room has 3 beds at AKL? I guess one of them does.
I enjoyed AOA too but I don't think the two compare unless you have done them all or there is a big price difference.
Have fun!!!

I'd do Akl for 2 reasons...a deluxe resort over a value resort is a given to me but that's just my opinion. At Akl I would just do a room that has one queen and a set of bunk beds. Myself and my daughter 24, took my sons daughter (she's 9) and that's how we did it. We did the same when staying at wilderness lodge back when my kids (5 years apart and one boy, one girl) were growing up but old enough to not want to share a queen bed on vacation anymore and it worked great then too.

please ignore our personal junk...it was 630am and we'd just arrived. the girls basically dropped their stuff and were on the patio within about 2 seconds of entering the room. i figured i'd better get off a photo before the mess spread...but here's the room with the bunk beds at akl.

Thank you so very much for the replies. AKL it is:thumbsup2

I was very surprised to receive the pin code I planned on spending a few days before the cruise at a resort anyway so this was perfect :cool1:

Thank you for the picture EvilQueenT - that is exactly the setup I was looking for.

This is a birthday trip for the kids should I mention that on my reservation? Can a cake be delivered to the resort as a surprise through room service?

Thanks again

funsized said:
Thank you so very much for the replies. AKL it is:thumbsup2

I was very surprised to receive the pin code I planned on spending a few days before the cruise at a resort anyway so this was perfect :cool1:

Thank you for the picture EvilQueenT - that is exactly the setup I was looking for.

This is a birthday trip for the kids should I mention that on my reservation? Can a cake be delivered to the resort as a surprise through room service?

Thanks again

Yes, mention that on your reservation. I'm pretty sure they can deliver a cake through room service as a surprise but I don't know the details, someone else who has done that would know more.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter