Just purchased VGF

I thought about adding more points as Canadian too. However, I also found out that Canadians will have to pay an extra 10% withholding taxes at the time of selling, in addition to 10-15% of commission. So the points need to appreciate by at least 25% in value before it's making sense. This tax is not applicable to American owners.

Plug those numbers into owning a DVC interest and compare the cost of staying at a deluxe resort and see if DVC is still worth it.

:earsboy: Bill

MoreTravels said:
I thought about adding more points as Canadian too. However, I also found out that Canadians will have to pay an extra 10% withholding taxes at the time of selling, in addition to 10-15% of commission. So the points need to appreciate by at least 25% in value before it's making sense. This tax is not applicable to American owners.

Where are you seeing a 15% commission? 10% is standard.

Question for those of you who have toured the models and/or have purchased at GFV...... what is the minium amount of points a member can purchase??

Thanks...

25 I think is the minimum add on. 50 is the minimum financing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter