Just Purchased Sure Cuts Alot!

Mrs.Charming

Mouseketeer
I downloaded the trial version (which cuts lines through everything so you can't actually use what you cut) and I thought it was easy to use so I made the big purchase!

I was deciding between this and design studio but since you can't use DS on a MAC, it was going to be a problem for me. I really like the versatility of it!

Now I am going to go searching for more free fonts!!

Keep us updated on how you like it! :thumbsup2 I I think that I really want both CDS and SCAL. :laughing: I'm just not sure if I can use both and if I can, which one I want first.

SCAL is AWESOME!!! I downloaded a bunch of new fonts and I am especially having fun with the Prototype dingbats that has awesome Epcot images.

SCAL is AWESOME!!! I downloaded a bunch of new fonts and I am especially having fun with the Prototype dingbats that has awesome Epcot images.

I am debating this purchase too..... can I come play.... I'll bring fonts :rotfl2: I do not think you are that far from me LOL LOL :lmao: Seriously just let us know when you play more

Ms. Charming...
Could you please explain this a little.
Does this program once installed on your Mac then allow you to use the cricut
or the expressions, plugged directly into the Mac and basically work the same way design studio does?
How do you do it without cartridges? Won't the bugs "look for" their cartridge?

This is all fascinating to me, cuz the Mac just gets no respect in scrapping world:confused3

Ms. Charming...
Could you please explain this a little.
Does this program once installed on your Mac then allow you to use the cricut
or the expressions, plugged directly into the Mac and basically work the same way design studio does?
How do you do it without cartridges? Won't the bugs "look for" their cartridge?

This is all fascinating to me, cuz the Mac just gets no respect in scrapping world:confused3

You plug the cricut into the Mac with a USB cable. The difference between SCAL and Design Studio is that with Design Studio you can ONLY cut from the cartridges you own (and you can merge, weld, create etc). With SCAL you CANNOT cut from the fonts/shapes on the cartridges but rather ANY True Type font or dingbat. You can merge/weld etc. just like in Design Studio. And with all the free fonts and dingbats out there I think you save money in the long run. Don't get me wrong, nothing out there beats the Disney Cartridges and I will continue to purchase any new ones they come out with, but it is nice to also be able to use the Walt font and cut out any title you want.

Let me know if I haven't explained it well or you have more questions.

I will post pics of what I have cut later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter