Just over a week..going to Disney on the deluxe dining plan!

jbayer

Earning My Ears
This will be my first trip to disney. It will be me (33), my wife (29) and our son (10 months at the time of the trip). My wife had been a couple of times when she was really little. Our son is a little ham, so we are really excited to see him interact with the characters while there. We (well, me, really) are really excited about the food while there. We are using the deluxe dining plan.
Our flight leaves Cincinnati about 9:30am so we'll get to orlando about noon.
We are staying at the Poly. I can't even express how excited we are. We need a vacation very badly. :cool1:
We weren't sure what time we would actually get to the park, so we didn't make lunch plans.
This is what we have lined up so far:

Sunday dinner: Chef Mickeys

Monday:
breakfast Tusker house
lunch Yak & Yeti
dinner Coral Reef

Tuesday:
breakfast Kona Cafe
lunch Le Cellier
dinner Raglin Road

Wednesday:
breakfast Ohana
lunch unplanned
dinner Whispering Canyon cafe

Thursday:
breakfast Chef Mickeys
lunch 50s Prime Time cafe
dinner Yachstman Steakhouse (our 'date night')

Friday:
breakfast 1900 Park Fare
lunch unplanned
dinner Luau Cover dinner show

Saturday:
breakfast Crystal Palace
lunch unplanned
dinner Boma

Sunday:
all meals unplanned.

I can't remember for sure, but I believe our return flight is around 5 or 6pm.

I am a steak lover, but my wife eats more of a variety. We looked over menus and made the choices above based on restaurant recommendations and reviews from the boards.
can anyone suggest 'must trys' for any of the restaurants above?

Thanks!
John

This will be my first trip to disney. It will be me (33), my wife (29) and our son (10 months at the time of the trip). My wife had been a couple of times when she was really little. Our son is a little ham, so we are really excited to see him interact with the characters while there. We (well, me, really) are really excited about the food while there. We are using the deluxe dining plan.
We are staying at the Poly. I can't even express how excited we are. We need a vacation very badly. :cool1:
We weren't sure what time we would actually get to the park, so we didn't make lunch plans.

Monday:
breakfast Tusker house
lunch Yak & Yeti
dinner Coral Reef Seared chicken breast with spaetzle

Tuesday:
breakfast Kona Cafe Tonga toast and fresh fruit served in half a pineapple
lunch Le CellierPrime rib sandwich
dinner Raglin Road

Wednesday:
breakfast Ohana
lunch unplanned

Thursday:
breakfast Chef Mickeys
lunch 50s Prime Time cafe meatloaf and pb&j milkshake

Friday:
breakfast 1900 Park Fare
lunch unplanned

Saturday:
breakfast Crystal Palace
lunch unplanned
dinner Boma

Sunday:
all meals unplanned.

I am a steak lover, but my wife eats more of a variety. We looked over menus and made the choices above based on restaurant recommendations and reviews from the boards.

Thanks!
John

Enjoy your vacation!

When you say you've made "plans" I hope you have ADR's for all these choices? Because you'll need them!

Just making sure.....

Enjoy! You have ALOT of ADRs there.. Noticed you seem to have alot for Chef Mickeys..lol

SInce your staying at the Poly why not try Kona for breakfast or lunch? Got to try the Tonga Toast!!!

My suggestion would be mushroom filet sub cream cheese mash potatos at Le Cellier.. Devine!

Also if you want to do any CS places you got to get your burger on at Pecos Bills! Or if you want a TS burger go to Beaches and Cream.

I cant wait for our Poly Vacation!

Take lots of pics and dont forget to bring your sunscreen! LOL

Have a really WONDERFUL vacation !! Make sure you leave time at night to watch the Electric Water Parade from the beach ! :cool1: All your ADR's look fantastic..... hope you make some magical memories! :lovestruc

You asked for this. I'll skip any buffets, and can only answer to places I've been to. Alas, you've chosen many place I've not been to.

Monday:
lunch Yak & Yeti: Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp
dinner Coral Reef: Creamy Lobster Soup (appetizer)

Tuesday:
lunch Le Cellier: Cheddar Cheese Soup (appetizer), the Prime Rib Sandwhich

Wednesday:
dinner Whispering Canyon cafe: Canyon Skillet, Grilled Ribeye

Thursday:
lunch 50s Prime Time cafe: Fried Chicken, Pot Roast.

I have not been to Kona or O'hana yet, but am going there this upcoming trip.

We have dined at Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and 1900 PF, many time, and enjoy them all.

I have not been to Raglan Road, Yachtsman, the Luau, or Boma, so I do not feel competent to judge.

You don't mention which parks you are going to be at which days, but you appear to have the park hopper, being that you are at AK for breakfast and lunch, and Epcot for dinner on Monday.

For your unplanned locations, these are other TS places we have enjoyed as well:

Akershus (Norway in Epcot)
Teppan Edo (Japan in Epcot)
Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Tony's Town Square (MK)
Maya Grill (Coronado Springs Resort)

Enjoy your DxDDP! It is a LOT of food!

Enjoy! You have ALOT of ADRs there.. Noticed you seem to have alot for Chef Mickeys..lol

SInce your staying at the Poly why not try Kona for breakfast or lunch? Got to try the Tonga Toast!!!

My suggestion would be mushroom filet sub cream cheese mash potatos at Le Cellier.. Devine!

Also if you want to do any CS places you got to get your burger on at Pecos Bills! Or if you want a TS burger go to Beaches and Cream.

I cant wait for our Poly Vacation!

Take lots of pics and dont forget to bring your sunscreen! LOL

Thanks. ;-) Yeah, DW wanted to try checf mickeys for dinner and breakfast. We are trying Kona Tuesday morning (I think...) Yeah we were debating on buying a new camera for the trip. We have a couple digitals, but they are older and a little bulky, but we hadn't decided yet. Pictures are a must, thats for sure.

J.

You asked for this. I'll skip any buffets, and can only answer to places I've been to. Alas, you've chosen many place I've not been to.

Monday:
lunch Yak & Yeti: Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp
dinner Coral Reef: Creamy Lobster Soup (appetizer)

Tuesday:
lunch Le Cellier: Cheddar Cheese Soup (appetizer), the Prime Rib Sandwhich

Wednesday:
dinner Whispering Canyon cafe: Canyon Skillet, Grilled Ribeye

Thursday:
lunch 50s Prime Time cafe: Fried Chicken, Pot Roast.

I have not been to Kona or O'hana yet, but am going there this upcoming trip.

We have dined at Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and 1900 PF, many time, and enjoy them all.

I have not been to Raglan Road, Yachtsman, the Luau, or Boma, so I do not feel competent to judge.

You don't mention which parks you are going to be at which days, but you appear to have the park hopper, being that you are at AK for breakfast and lunch, and Epcot for dinner on Monday.

For your unplanned locations, these are other TS places we have enjoyed as well:

Akershus (Norway in Epcot)
Teppan Edo (Japan in Epcot)
Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Tony's Town Square (MK)
Maya Grill (Coronado Springs Resort)

Enjoy your DxDDP! It is a LOT of food!

yes, we do have the partk hopper passes. We figure Oliver (10 months old) will probably need to go back to the room once or twice a day for naps, so we figured the park hopper passes would be beneficial. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the feedback!
J.

yes, we do have the park hopper passes. We figure Oliver (10 months old) will probably need to go back to the room once or twice a day for naps, so we figured the park hopper passes would be beneficial. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the feedback!
J.

We took our son at just about 8 months old, so he could spend his first christmas with the grandparents. (My in-laws lived in western Kissimmee at the time.) Since we were in the neighborhood, of course we took him over to the World. He did pretty good just napping in his stroller. YMMY, naturally.

Monday:
breakfast Tusker house
lunch Yak & Yeti
dinner Coral Reef

Tuesday:
breakfast Kona Cafe
lunch Le Cellier Mushroom Filet
dinner Raglin Road Maple Salmon

Wednesday:
breakfast Ohana
lunch unplanned

Thursday:
breakfast Chef Mickeys
lunch 50s Prime Time cafe

Friday:
breakfast 1900 Park Fare
lunch unplanned

Saturday:
breakfast Crystal Palace
lunch unplanned
dinner Boma Everything, try all the soups!

Sunday:
all meals unplanned.

Thanks!
John

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter