Just one night

tink_n_pooh

<font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.
We need a room for just one night before we check into our 1 bedroom at SSR. We are DVC members so we have considered booking a studio for that one night but the only studios available are at SSR, if we need to change rooms we might as well change resorts (it makes sense in my head :confused3 we would get to see another resort at least).

We could pay cash for a room at a different resort if we are able to get a reasonable discount, we are premium AP holders, disney visa card holders, and DVC members so maybe there is something?

Or do we get really crazy and stay offsite?

The night we need is Saturday, February 9th. We will be driving down and spending a night along the way, arriving in WDW on the 9th.

Can I check AP room rates/availability online or do I have to call for that?

Who would think that booking a hotel for one night would be so difficult for me :confused3

If you have an ap, you can check online. But beware, the new website is...finicky.

What will you be doing that night/next morning? We sometimes will stay at a Disney resort for one night before or after a cruise and usually pick POR or POFQ so we can take the boat to DTD. However, if you will be going to a park, it might make more sense to pick a hotel closest to that park.

Don't know where you're coming from or where you hang your hat but when we used to drive to WDW, it was straight thru, 1100 miles and we opted to spend that arrival day and night on the beach... Gave our children a chance to see the ocean, sand and waves... While I recouped from the drive, next morn we leave and get into WDW by 8am....

That weekend has been hard to get bookings with. I'd call and just see what all is available instead of going room by room online.

We will probably drive to South Carolina/Georgia on Friday night, spend the night there and get up the next day to drive to WDW, it all depends what time we are able to leave on Friday. I think we will end up doing DTD or maybe just going to pick up our APs (we just have the vouchers now) on Saturday, get some dinner and maybe wonder around a bit before bed. Sunday we will check into SSR and go to a park, not sure which one(s) yet

You can stay FREE at the swan or dolphin by signing up for the starwood american express card. You get 10,000 points after your first purchase (of any amount). You will have to pay the resort fee of $14. Otherwise, I think it's a great deal and you will stay at a rather nice place without having to really spend any money at all. Just google starwood american express offer.

If you need a few more points to get a 1br at SSR for the extra night you could rent them from Disney and maybe you wouldn't have to move rooms...

For first night, since you are planning to go to DTD, I'd consider POR or POFQ. Or if you want DVC, OKW? All have boats to DTD. After all that driving, I know the last thing I'd want to do is get back in that car:goodvibes. So a nice boat ride may be just the thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter