Just One Night of Magic - October 2014 Pre-trip updated 8/4/14

LB1122

Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one o
Just One Night of Magic

We have a new ticker and it says we are heading back to Disney World when…October? :woohoo:

I am still not sure how this happened, but I will try and fill you in and take you along on the ride as I get us ready for another awesome Disney Adventure.

Our last trip was in December of 2013 so heading back in less than a year is such a fantastic gift to all of us and we can’t wait.
Hope you will join in the fun of our trip. Cast of characters will be up first.

Us on Christmas Day 2013

Meet the Cast Members

This trip is a family affair. Here is who will be on this trip to Disney

L.B. (that’s me) 36-years-young. I would describe myself as creative, down-to-earth, loud and just a little crazy at times. I love being a wife and mom (I never thought I would want to be married or have kids so as my love of these two jobs constantly grows I just am happier and happier about it. I am a middle school English teacher. I love to read and writing and directing the plays and musicals at school (hence the whole English teacher thing). I also am the memory keeper in the family.

Disney Facts:
Trip #9 for me (5 as a kid (2 Disneyland, 3 Disney World) and this is 4th as an adult)
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite Characters: Belle, Tinkerbell, Ursula

Erik – 37 my fantastic husband of over 10 years. I describe him as loyal, giving and incredibly funny. He is the perfect missing pieces to my puzzle. He had never been to Disney until we took our daughter when she was 4 and he fell in love. He works retail part time and is a full time Authorized Disney Vacation planner (yup he loves it that much).Due to his schedule he is also basically a stay at home Dad, which has been amazing for our family. He loves Minnesota sports teams (grew up in the Twin Cities), Video games, and his family.

Disney Facts:
Trip # 4
Favorite Movie: Wall-E
Favorite Characters: Prince Philip (thinks he is the best due to his fight with the dragon, Mr. Frederickson, Genie, and all sidekicks (like Pascal and Ray)

Sophie – 8-years-old. She is energetic but quiet, super loving but shy at first, and smart as a whip (I am so going to be in trouble with math sooner than I’d like). She has some Asperger’s tendencies and a hard time with focus ad emotions- which only make her love better in my opinion. She loves dance, acting, her stuffed monkey, named Monkey. Her love of Disney started when she first started watching TV and we found Handy Manny. From there came a huge love for all things Disney . She will be in 3rd grade when we go this time.

Disney Facts:
Trip # 4
Favorite Movie: (currently) Frozen
Favorite Characters: Elsa and all princesses, Lilo and Stitch

We all live in Batavia, Illinois about an hour from Chicago.

Next up: Trip details- The when, the where, the WHY on earth just one day!

Why on Earth Just One Day?

Here are the travel facts and details:

WHEN: October 16-21 (16-18 at Disney)
WHERE: Disney World, Magic Kingdom - 1 Night Only
RESORT: Pop Century

WHY:
My best friend and cousin, Allison, had a beautiful baby girl in April and they live in Florida. The baby is going to be christened on October 19 in Vero Beach and it will be the first time I get to meet this amazing little one in person. I am beyond thrilled at this idea. So we are headed down to Florida for this awesome event.

Allison has joined in all of my daughter’s visits to the Magic Kingdom in some way. On our first trip she joined us with her mom and dad the first day of our trip. In 2011 she joined us on a surprise for my daughter and this last trip she came and met us for lunch our last day at the resort. It is no surprise that when we looked at the dates my husband and I started thinking, could Disney be possible?

Looking at the dates the first thing was could I take the days off? Answer yes. I get 3 personal days and as long as they are not attached to a holiday weekend I can take them almost whenever I want. That meant we could have 5 days for our total trip with a weekend.

Next was airfare? Check we got great rates on Southwest!! So could we with the dates and time afford to add in a day at Disney or should we just go on a shorter trip only to Vero Beach? Well…

You know the answer is YES. When we looked at it we found we had some gift card money left over from our holiday trip (thanks grandma and grandpas who did not listen to us when we said not to get us anything) and had earned a good amount of reward points with our Disney Visa card. In the end we decided it did not make since not to add in some Disney time because we were already paying for the flights and the Disney portion was basically paid for.

So what is the plan for this 1 day only trip? When I surprised my daughter in October 2011 we spent the day at Magic Kingdom and the Night at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Notice anything?
My husband was not with us and has had major jealousy pains over missing this super fun event. Even though he got to go on a trip in March by himself for training he still wants to attend this event the most. He wants to meet Flynn Rider, see the Boo to You Parade and trick or treat around the MK and he is going to get his wish because they only tickets we have are for the Friday night Not So Scary Halloween Party.

We will fly in late Thursday night and spend the day, Friday, enjoying our resort (maybe hopping to a few others to see them), swimming in the pool and possibly some downtown Disney shopping. Then we will change into some costumes….TO BE DECIDED and head to the Halloween party.

On Saturday we will spend a little more time at the pool before picking up our rental car and heading to Vero Beach for the rest of the 5 days.

The major question? Can I take more photos on this one day trip than the last? Challenge accepted.

What do you think? Are we crazy?

The costume question??

You could say my daughter likes Disney…

2007 Tinkerbell

2008 Minnie Mouse

So did not love her ears - The only costume we ever bought her.

2009 Cinderella

2010 Alice

We all got in on the fun (not sure I would convince hubby to do that again.)

2011 Rapunzel

2012 Merida

2013 Periwinkle

This year she has plans on being who else?? ELSA!! My mom bought the fabric already (as she was worried about being able to get it) and has the pattern that was released.

But who should Mom and Dad be?? Thoughts or ideas? We do not plan on matching her or having a them together even but trying to decide is hard. :wizard:

Wow just one day at Disney!! I don't know how you have the control :rotfl2:.

I love all the costume choices and the fact you bought only one of those is awesome.

I can't wait to expirence MNSSHP and it is nice that you will be able to get in the park at 4 so you get to have some additional time in MK before the party begins! But resort exploring sounds fun and I hope one day to be able to fit it in.

Wow just one day at Disney!! I don't know how you have the control :rotfl2:.

I love all the costume choices and the fact you bought only one of those is awesome.

I can't wait to expirence MNSSHP and it is nice that you will be able to get in the park at 4 so you get to have some additional time in MK before the party begins! But resort exploring sounds fun and I hope one day to be able to fit it in.

It is hard to only go for one night, but we are lucky that we were there last Christmas so that helps and it would have cost a lot to add on some more park days but we are planning on being at the park at 4 like you said so hopefully we will really pack it in.

I'm following! I thought I had posted last week but I guess I didn't.

Great costumes for your DD over the years! I can't wait to see how her Elsa costume turns out!

I'm following! I thought I had posted last week but I guess I didn't.

Great costumes for your DD over the years! I can't wait to see how her Elsa costume turns out!

I am so lucky my mother sews...she just loves making the costumes for her. This year she will make 2 Elsa's as that is what my niece also wants to be. Thanks for joining in.

We are 100 Days out from our Halloween adventure and are getting excited. Especially when fun Disney gifts arrive unexpectedly.

I'm in English teacher so it is not really surprise to hear I love Shakespeare. When we were dating my husband started something called, "I Love You Days":love: in which he would surprise me with a fun gift for little to no reason (sometimes the reason was I having a bad week or was sick). Often these occur when he sees something that scream my name to him so he buys it and brings it home to me.

This time I got a package in the mail...

Are you kidding me? Figment performing Hamlet???? I was so excited. I have always loved Figment (my poor old doll lost his t-shirt but was well-loved) so he said when he saw this (signed by the artist no less) he had to order it for me right away. This is what happens when two of my favorite things collide he says.

What a fun way to celebrate 100 days out!! Maybe we could recreate this for one of our costumes??? Maybe not. We are still thinking but have a few thoughts. More soon.

Our Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets have arrived!!!!!! DD was a little disappointed with the character on hers but told her she could have all the cards for her display board once we returned home and she was on board...Only problem is...husband has already placed them into our travel file and locked them away so I did not get a photo...will have to go on :cool2: a secret spy mission to find and photograph these ASAP.

We have also been going back and forth on Magic Band colors. Husband is going for the rainbow pack and has already had Red and Orange so he selected Yellow for this trip. (he is really hoping they get it and add purple soon)

Opening box for holiday trip!!

For DD Blue seems to be the choice as she will be wearing an Elsa costume and it will match...

For me???
I love green, but I just had a green one and So costume matching seems to be a great idea, but not 100% sure what I will be yet so need to hold off just a little bit.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MAGIC BAND COLOR OR ACCESSORY?

Thanks to my two readers and any more who join in

Okay, so I just found your TR and read the entire thing, lol... I have to say that seeing your family in the Christmas PJ's on Space Mountain is like the cutest thing I've ever seen!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

It is now my mission to go to WDW at Christmastime and wear matching PJs!!!!!! I MUST make this happen!! ::yes::

Anyway, that looked like an awesome trip and I cant wait to see what your 1 day one turns out like! Love all the photos of Sophie in all her different Disney costumes! Too cute!! :cutie:

Okay, so I just found your TR and read the entire thing, lol... I have to say that seeing your family in the Christmas PJ's on Space Mountain is like the cutest thing I've ever seen!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

It is now my mission to go to WDW at Christmastime and wear matching PJs!!!!!! I MUST make this happen!! ::yes::

Anyway, that looked like an awesome trip and I cant wait to see what your 1 day one turns out like! Love all the photos of Sophie in all her different Disney costumes! Too cute!! :cutie:

Thanks for visiting. The PJ's on Christmas were a huge hit and many people commented on them. I think that Space Mountain photo is one of my favorites

Well we are getting closer and closer to the start of the school year and that means shopping for clothes and supplies for the year.

Today we got something in the mail my daughter asked if she could have for her school year journal....what do you think should I let her have it?

You can make these online at Disney and they are free. Very fun stuff.

In other news our costume selection for myself and hubby is complete. we will share soon.

One of the things I love about MNSSHP is that everyone is wearing costumes - I mean everyone. Young and old get in the Halloween spirit and dress up in all sorts of exciting outfits. There are always a lot of beautiful princesses to wave to and fun villains to look out for and a bunch of fun all around.

This year with my hubby attending the party as well I asked him if we should do something as a couple? He had done this once before with myself and daughter but I was not sure he would be on board again but...

DISNEY MAGIC WINS!!

While DD will be dressed as Elsa (thanks Mom for making 2 of these for both your granddaughters)

My husband and I have decided to go as -

ELLI & CARL from UP! - The young ones

We both love this movie and the love story they had with each other, plus I totally love the idea of wearing overalls and being totally comfortable all night long. I have been scouting overall in the stores and am decided if I want to make my bottle cap pins or order them as I have seen a few on etsy.

I also plan on making us a mini adventure book for our autographs. Fun times.

That is awesome your DH is getting in the spirit too! Matching costumes will be awesome, and yes overalls you can't get more comfortable than that! :thumbsup2

That is awesome your DH is getting in the spirit too! Matching costumes will be awesome, and yes overalls you can't get more comfortable than that! :thumbsup2

When he agreed I was thrilled and comfort - YEAH! Thanks for joining in.

So excited for you!!!! I assume this is the baby that Sophie found out about at the end of the Christmas trip?? So exciting!!!! I went on a one-day trip to Disney once! We flew down on a Saturday, spent Sunday at the MK, and flew home on Monday! Can't wait to see everything you pack into one little trip.

I adore your idea for Halloween! And yay for your mom making the Elsa costume! I desperately want to be Elsa for Halloween and I'm trying to figure out how to pull it off without actually purchasing a costume. My fear is that I'll wind up spending MORE money trying to do it myself!

I forgot that I wanted to post this on your Christmas report... have you seen the Christmas Jammies video? Totally makes me smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter