Just off the Wonder Very Merry Time Cruise

icesk8abc

Mouseketeer
I plan on doing a full trip report later, but am happy to answer any questions if I can. I'll post my Navigators tomorrow or Sunday when I finish unpacking.

The ship is in great condition, and we had a wonderful time. Our traveling party was in 2 oceanview staterooms and consisted of myself, my DH, our 18 month old, and my parents.

Captain: Fabian
Cruise Director: Clayton

Welcome back! How were the waves getting in and out of Galveston? Been hearing they are a bit rough lately.

Our first cruise for DD 6th bday leaves to PR 1/4 on the wonder. We have a one bedroom concierge suite. What do I need to know? I wonder if the Nabigatir will be the same?

Welcome back! How were the waves getting in and out of Galveston? Been hearing they are a bit rough lately.
The seas were a bit bouncy. Captain Fabian reported 10-12 foot swells when he was introduced before The Golden Mickeys on our second night (first sea day). My mom ended up taking some Dramamine. This was her 4th cruise and the first time she needed it. After the first sea day it was much better. It was smoother coming back so hopefully the people who left yesterday are having better luck with the swells.

Our first cruise for DD 6th bday leaves to PR 1/4 on the wonder. We have a one bedroom concierge suite. What do I need to know? I wonder if the Nabigatir will be the same?

Do you know if your cruise is considered a Very Merrytime Cruise? If it is, I'm sure many of the holiday activities will be similar.

On the first day go to guest services for Gingerbread house tickets (waited 30 minutes) and Wave Bands (or other location - check the Navigator) for tickets to meet Anna, Elsa, and Olaf, the Princess Gathering, and the Disney Junior Character Breakfast (waited about an hour). Scratch that - don't wait in line - you should be able to ask the concierge hosts to get you all of those things. They were all great, and I highly recommend them.

What does your daughter enjoy? Who are her favorites? There are so many things to do on the cruise that it is hard to make suggestions in general.

One thing that I really liked on the app (make sure you download the app) is that you could click on an activity or character meet and it would give you all the times it would be repeated throughout the cruise. This made it easier to decide what needed to be done that day and what could wait.

Do you know if your cruise is considered a Very Merrytime Cruise? If it is, I'm sure many of the holiday activities will be similar.

On the first day go to guest services for Gingerbread house tickets (waited 30 minutes) and Wave Bands (or other location - check the Navigator) for tickets to meet Anna, Elsa, and Olaf, the Princess Gathering, and the Disney Junior Character Breakfast (waited about an hour). Scratch that - don't wait in line - you should be able to ask the concierge hosts to get you all of those things. They were all great, and I highly recommend them.

What does your daughter enjoy? Who are her favorites? There are so many things to do on the cruise that it is hard to make suggestions in general.

One thing that I really liked on the app (make sure you download the app) is that you could click on an activity or character meet and it would give you all the times it would be repeated throughout the cruise. This made it easier to decide what needed to be done that day and what could wait.

I'm on the same sailing- January 4th to San Juan. Unfortunately, it's not a Merrytime Cruise.

Do you remember the price of the 7-day Rain Forest pass that is offered the first day? Looking forward to seeing your Navigators, Port information sheets and any of the Spa special paperwork.

I figured not which is fine but I can't seem to find any info on one that is not since The Wonder is only in November and December
Since you are staying concierge - remember that they will get the tickets for you to the character meets. You will meet with them on embark today. There really are not going to be any Navigators similar to our cruise, and since its a 6 night, not a 7 I imagine that several activities that are normally on "cruises of 7 nights or longer" will not take place - like character breakfast.

Have you communicated with shoreside concierge? They've taken care of birthday cake arrangements for my wife for me, as well as in room gifts for the kids.

Since you are staying concierge - remember that they will get the tickets for you to the character meets. You will meet with them on embark today. There really are not going to be any Navigators similar to our cruise, and since its a 6 night, not a 7 I imagine that several activities that are normally on "cruises of 7 nights or longer" will not take place - like character breakfast.

Have you communicated with shoreside concierge? They've taken care of birthday cake arrangements for my wife for me, as well as in room gifts for the kids.
Yes I have contacted them and have arranged a couple things. I guess it'll all just be a surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter