• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Wonder this morning....

Is there someplace you have to sign up to get tickets?

Yes, go to guest services once you get on boat and they will sign you up and give you a ticket. Since DS was not interested in any princess/Ann-Elsa (diff location) we just went for this one and I did hear it gets full quick. Looks like they were for Wed & Thurs since that is when I saw people walking around with them. We got ours for Wed 10:15a. Good Luck! as others have said you can't take it off the ship due to customs.

Last edited:
We had 11:30 PAT and actually got there more like noon. We parked with EZ Cruise and they were great at drop off and pick up! There were lines but it wasn't awful and went pretty smoothly. We had to go to a separate table to inspect our carryon that had our wine in it but that went fast too. And we were on the boat hearing our last name called... dream come true!

Cool. Thanks!

We knew ahead of time to head straight to Wavebands to get tix for princess meeting and Frozen tix, and character breakfast.

Good to know. I thought we went to Guest Services. EDIT: Does it change each cruise?

We saw most shows! Loved them all, we missed Dreams sadly. But I heard after we got back they play them back on the in room TV and we could've watched it! We LOVED the Toy Story one,and my girls really enjoyed the ventriloquist Michael Harrison too! And Golden Mickeys was really well done I thought. The girls had fun walking the red carpet! Captains night was nice with people handing out free cocktails and even my girls enjoyed their Shirley Temple in a pretty glass! We got selfie settings with Captain Fabian and Clayton the CD!

We're hoping to make it to the ventriloquist and the hypnotist.

We enjoyed all the food really, in all 3 restaurants, even the quick service on deck! If you smell the yummy pretzels with cream cheese inside by the pool don't miss out - so yum!! We had great fun at our mixology classes, trivia games as a family,the girls always had fun at the kids club, we had enjoyable afternoon at quiet cove pool one day! The Meet your match game was Hilarious if you can catch it! Get a mai tai abdominal B52 if you are in Cadillac Lounge!

Food was going to be my next question. Sweet cream cheese Mickey pretzels!! Yum! That's my favorite snack in the Magic Kingdom. We're really looking forward to the trivia.

Our day at Castaway cay was our fave though! We were literally some of the last get back on the ship!!!! Highly recommend the stingray adventure! !! Pirate night was the same as our CC day, deck party with fireworks started at 730, so fun!!! We all dressed up! Got pics with Jack Sparrow,awesome!

We haven't told our kids that we're doing the stingray adventure. :) We all have pirate costumes, too.

The seas were super rough our whole first sea day and really bothered the hubs. Bonine did nothing but the free stuff from health clinic did the trick and knocked him out till after lunch and stopped the vomiting. We've done other cruises before this First one on DCL but none that rough! But me and girls were fine! The whole week was just so magical and amazing! ! I miss our vacation! !!!

DS#1 gets sea sick, so I'm bringing ginger snaps, ginger tea, Dramamine, and maybe do the sea band. This will be our first Disney cruise, too. I'm so glad you had a great time. Thanks for your insight.

This is our first cruise, and the earliest we could get on the boat was at 1:30 (late signing up)--will that mean tickets will be harder to get?

And we have some who get seasick too--haven't heard of the Bonine listed here.

Bonine seems to be preferred by those whom Dramamine makes sleepy. Dramamine does have a non sleepy formula. I think it is just preference.

Often the things that you have to sign up for have start times. So, it's not like everyone who gets on the ship before you gets a crack at signing up before you do. Check the time to begin signing up in the navigator and the place to do it.

This is our first cruise, and the earliest we could get on the boat was at 1:30 (late signing up)--will that mean tickets will be harder to get?

It was our first too and since it was the only one we wanted I was concerned. Our was 2p but it seems like general boarding is before then around 12:30- so we for there early and not many people so went in around 12:40p.

For First timers get a Navigator as soon as you get to check-in or if you see someone handing them out and start checking for things you have to sign up for like Princess meetings so you will be prepared and know exactly where to go when on board the ship.

I'm not sure if the place to get tix for the ticketed events changes or not but I think I read here somewhere from someone on the Nov 6th sailing that the tix were in Wavebands and then I checked our navigator as soon as we got one. The gingerbread tix were at guest services though. They only allowed 1 family member in line in wavebands so if you needed to split up and 1 wait at Wavebands you could do that while someone else goes to ck on gingerbread tix. You can't it home just fyi! At the character breakfast it was at Animators Palate and was Jake from Never land pirates, Doc Mcstuffins Sofia the 1st and Mickey!!
We loved the trivia! One was Disney tunes trivia and other day was multiple choice generic trivia with disney questions mixed in! There was adult only 80's music trivia in wavebands one night we really wanted to do but that night our girls were exhausted and went to sleep early and it started at 11:15 pm!

I do like the way you can view pics taken by the photographer much better than when we have sailed Carnival. Package prices were steep and way more in my opinion than when we bought the full photo pass CD at WDW! 20.00 per 8x10 or 15.00 per smaller pic if you but individually. 350.00 for all pics priced us out this trip. But honestly we have almost every shot on our camera cause they took them with ours too. I hoping to buy a formal night pic but didn't just love the way it turned out. We do have a fabulous pic of all of us in front of the huge gingerbread house the night we all dressed up in princess outfits with tiaras and even got my hubs in a prince charming costume! It was great! ! It will be my pic I put in my photo mat I had signed by all the characters! !

What a wonderful Thanksgiving cruise! We had a great time!!! I will try to get my navigators to Scott by the first of the week, but if anyone has any questions feel free to post them and I wi do my best to answer them. We will be on the road most of today, but I will try to answer some questions tonight. It was myself and DW, DD (5), and DD (2). Cruise director was Clayton.

how were the seas?
calm or rough?

I'm not sure if the place to get tix for the ticketed events changes or not but I think I read here somewhere from someone on the Nov 6th sailing that the tix were in Wavebands and then I checked our navigator as soon as we got one. The gingerbread tix were at guest services though. They only allowed 1 family member in line in wavebands so if you needed to split up and 1 wait at Wavebands you could do that while someone else goes to ck on gingerbread tix. You can't it home just fyi! At the character breakfast it was at Animators Palate and was Jake from Never land pirates, Doc Mcstuffins Sofia the 1st and Mickey!!
We loved the trivia! One was Disney tunes trivia and other day was multiple choice generic trivia with disney questions mixed in! There was adult only 80's music trivia in wavebands one night we really wanted to do but that night our girls were exhausted and went to sleep early and it started at 11:15 pm!

I do like the way you can view pics taken by the photographer much better than when we have sailed Carnival. Package prices were steep and way more in my opinion than when we bought the full photo pass CD at WDW! 20.00 per 8x10 or 15.00 per smaller pic if you but individually. 350.00 for all pics priced us out this trip. But honestly we have almost every shot on our camera cause they took them with ours too. I hoping to buy a formal night pic but didn't just love the way it turned out. We do have a fabulous pic of all of us in front of the huge gingerbread house the night we all dressed up in princess outfits with tiaras and even got my hubs in a prince charming costume! It was great! ! It will be my pic I put in my photo mat I had signed by all the characters! !

All good stuff. Thanks again. One more question, I promise. In your last sentence, you said you brought a photo mat and had the characters sign it. Did you just take the mat to the meet & greets?

Bonine seems to be preferred by those whom Dramamine makes sleepy. Dramamine does have a non sleepy formula. I think it is just preference.
Actually the active ingredient in "less-drowsy" Dramamine is the same as in Bonine. The active ingredient in regular Dramamine is Dimenhydrinate 50mg. In less-drowsy Dramamine and Bonine the active ingredient is Meclizine Hydrochloride 25mg. Other names for meclizine are: Ancolan; Ancolon; Antivert; Antivert/25; Antivert/50; Bonadettes; Bonadoxin; Bonamine; Calmonal; Chiclida; Diadril; Dramamine; Dramamine II; Histamethine; Histamethizine; Histametizine; Histametizyne; Itinerol; Longifene; Marex; Meclicot; Meclizine Hcl; Meclozine; Medivert; Monamine; Navicalm; Neo-Istafene; Neo-Suprimal; Neo-Suprimel; Parachloramine; Peremesin; Postafen; Postafene; Ravelon; Sabari; Sea-Legs; Siguran; Subari; Suprimal; Travelon; Veritab; Vibazine; Vomisseis; Vomissels.

You can purchase generic meclizine cheaper than brand names.

All good stuff. Thanks again. One more question, I promise. In your last sentence, you said you brought a photo mat and had the characters sign it. Did you just take the mat to the meet & greets?
Yes I bought an 11x14 size mat with a 5x7 photo hole from Michael's and put it in a 2 gallon ziploc bag to keep it clean and dry and took it to every character appearance! Unless it was someone we already had a signature from earlier. The character handler would take my mat and sharpie and my girls autograph book and took care of having it signed by the characters. Then would hand it all back to us after our pic! It turned out so cute! I was bummed the ability to leave it to be signed went away but REALLY wanted to have a mat from our first cruise! It seemed to go pretty smoothly I thought. We got signatures at character breakfast too!

Yes I bought an 11x14 size mat with a 5x7 photo hole from Michael's and put it in a 2 gallon ziploc bag to keep it clean and dry and took it to every character appearance! Unless it was someone we already had a signature from earlier. The character handler would take my mat and sharpie and my girls autograph book and took care of having it signed by the characters. Then would hand it all back to us after our pic! It turned out so cute! I was bummed the ability to leave it to be signed went away but REALLY wanted to have a mat from our first cruise! It seemed to go pretty smoothly I thought. We got signatures at character breakfast too!

I bought a frame and mat a very long time ago and was really bummed when the policy changed. Now, the problem is to not mess it up before getting to our cabin. Thank you SO much mevans!

I bought a frame and mat a very long time ago and was really bummed when the policy changed. Now, the problem is to not mess it up before getting to our cabin. Thank you SO much mevans!
You are welcome °○° have a magical time!!! I packed it flat in our carryon and I already had 2 gallon ziploc bags I used for roll packing their fluffy princess dresses and I was the perfect size to slip the mat in! Have a great cruise!!!!! Wish I was going again! Let me know if you have any questions, I don't mind! I poured over these boards trying to find all kinds of info when we first booked and have enjoyed reading all the posts here!

How was the weather and the seas? We are cruising December 11 and wondering how cold it will be
We had rough seas our first full day at sea headed out. My hubs was sick. But better the next day. Which we heard from several seasoned cruisers we unusually rough seas, but not the worst ever. 8 to 12 foot swells we heard. I remember sitting in the big windows outside the Cadillac Lounge on deck 3 that day watching huge waves sometimes crash up on the windows even! The next day was cloudy but warm enough girls still were determined to swim and slide! Our day at CC started really overcast, but after lunch sun came out and was beautiful! Water at CC was pretty chilly to us (we are from texas)but once in it you got used to it pretty quick and didn't keep us from enjoying swimming with stingrays or pelican plunge slides! In nassau it started the same. Really windy and cloudy but sun came out in the afternoon! Now when we made it to key west it was sunny hot almost 90 and humid and hot! Not perfect weather every day but it didn't ruin the trip by any means! But we have always done summer cruises, this was a first for us this time of year! I will say the pools being closed fairly often for maintenance cause I assume some kid had an accident etc in the pool happened quite a bit and was kind of annoying that it took 3 hours or so to get back ready! On our last sea day before getting home our girls tried to enjoy swimming and the mickey pool/ slide and goofy pool bothwere closed! One someone threw up in one is what we heard and the other a CM had said had Winnie the Pooh accident in the mickey pool. But the kids all took over the hot tubs at the goofy pool and still had fun. They kept waiting till 5 when the CM said mickey pool/slide would open but it never happened before time for that pool to be closed anyhow. Just kind of frustrating at times, I know they have the no swim diaper rule and that on the Wonder the small splash zone is pretty small, but I remember seeing one pool or the other shut down fairly frequently, at least the times we tried to be out there on sea days. Not sure how they'd fix that issues with so many kiddos on board who all just really want to have fun swimming! Again, didn't ruin the experience cause most times one pool was still open except that last day. Just something we noticed. We quite often enjoyed watching kiddos swim and slide while we lounged in a chair! My girls are 6 and 9 and had fun all around at both pools!

We were on the same cruise and just got back yesterday after spending an extra day in Galveston. Check in at the port was very easy and quick. Had a 1:00 check in and walked right on with no wait. We used the Gold CC line with no wait, but the first time cruises lines had a small back up. I would second that the seas were a little rough on the sea days, really felt it after we left Nassua. Was a great cruise and the staff was womderful. The only thing we missed was the after parties after Pirate night and Frozen, not sure why the wonder does not have club pirate or the frozen event after the main deck shows. Have been on all four ships and this was offered on all the others. My daughter especially really likes this dance parties and was asking about them. Also did the gingerbread making, get your tickets from guest services when you get on board.

We also just got off the Thanksgiving Cruise on the Wonder and had a great time. Check in was a breeze, we were boarding group #3 and were on super quick. The terminal was getting a little crowded when we started boarding, but they had many check in desks, so I would think it would move fast even if you arrived later. We parked at the EZ cruise terminal and just walked over to the port with our luggage. (kids are 11/14 and we only had 3 rolling bags and 2 shoulder bags, so not a big deal at all) Got Gingerbread House making tickets and princess & frozen meet & greet tickets and then off to lunch. You can bring your gingerbread house back to the room, but not off the ship. Make sure to eat your house, or at least some of it! Soo very good! Best Gingerbread House ever!! Weather in port days was perfect!! 1st sea day was rainy and last sea day was rainy. Seas were rough Wed night into Thurs morning. 9-12 ft swells and lots of pitching/tilting of ship overnight and at breakfast. I second the Meclizine (generic of Bonine) you can buy at Target or Walmart 100 pills for about $7. (it may be behind the pharmacy counter but can be purchased without a prescription) Start taking a day or two before travel. I am still taking it as my head has not come off the ship yet and I am still a little dizzy. Don't miss the Frozen Deck Party, it was great!! Loved all the Christmas Decorations. Ship was a little crowded, being a full ship Thanksgiving week. We were only off for a couple of hours in Key West and stayed on ship in Nassau and enjoyed a mostly empty pool deck area. And yes, do get the cream cheese stuffed Cinnamon pretzels, yummy!! Pirate Deck party was early, but they still had the Pirate Buffet at 10:15. We loved all of the shows and attended some of the smaller presentations with the magician which we also enjoyed.

We had rough seas our first full day at sea headed out. My hubs was sick. But better the next day. Which we heard from several seasoned cruisers we unusually rough seas, but not the worst ever. 8 to 12 foot swells we heard. I remember sitting in the big windows outside the Cadillac Lounge on deck 3 that day watching huge waves sometimes crash up on the windows even! The next day was cloudy but warm enough girls still were determined to swim and slide! Our day at CC started really overcast, but after lunch sun came out and was beautiful! Water at CC was pretty chilly to us (we are from texas)but once in it you got used to it pretty quick and didn't keep us from enjoying swimming with stingrays or pelican plunge slides! In nassau it started the same. Really windy and cloudy but sun came out in the afternoon! Now when we made it to key west it was sunny hot almost 90 and humid and hot! Not perfect weather every day but it didn't ruin the trip by any means! But we have always done summer cruises, this was a first for us this time of year! I will say the pools being closed fairly often for maintenance cause I assume some kid had an accident etc in the pool happened quite a bit and was kind of annoying that it took 3 hours or so to get back ready! On our last sea day before getting home our girls tried to enjoy swimming and the mickey pool/ slide and goofy pool bothwere closed! One someone threw up in one is what we heard and the other a CM had said had Winnie the Pooh accident in the mickey pool. But the kids all took over the hot tubs at the goofy pool and still had fun. They kept waiting till 5 when the CM said mickey pool/slide would open but it never happened before time for that pool to be closed anyhow. Just kind of frustrating at times, I know they have the no swim diaper rule and that on the Wonder the small splash zone is pretty small, but I remember seeing one pool or the other shut down fairly frequently, at least the times we tried to be out there on sea days. Not sure how they'd fix that issues with so many kiddos on board who all just really want to have fun swimming! Again, didn't ruin the experience cause most times one pool was still open except that last day. Just something we noticed. We quite often enjoyed watching kiddos swim and slide while we lounged in a chair! My girls are 6 and 9 and had fun all around at both pools!

Thanks again for posting some of the Navigators!
Any chance you'll be able to get any of the others posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter