Just off the Magic out of NYC

hkriw

Mouseketeer
We had a blast- the only downfall was a sit down dinner with a 3 year old who can not sit still even when running around!

The Magic was wonderful-She is a great ship- the kids club staff was fantastic!
Our Dis board group was great.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10 (see above comment)

Ask away- I'm headed out to get the dogs- I'll answer when I get back!

Thank you all for the guidance over the last couple of months. You all prepared me well!

Holly and family

Welcome Back!

How was the weather in Canada?

Was it cool on deck in the evening? Swimming?

Did you do any excursions?

Thanks!
Lori

We just got back too! What a great time! The weather in Halifax was hot & sunny and hazy and pleasant in Saint John. We definitely swam at night in the Goofy pool & enjoyed the hot tubs. It was very foggy for the Pirate Party, but the fireworks went on!!

Great cruise!

yup!
Halifax was a wonderful day- 81 I think- we did the tug boat in the Am and headed back at lunch time and swam and such- DH and I had a massage at 3pm. Saint John started cloudy but it burned off- never really sunny that day. It was cool up on deck for the pirate party- we all wore fleeces (with shorts) and the last night DH and I hit the hot tub at like 9pm and it was chilly but not cold.

we swam every day- no issues there temperature wise

In case folks are unsure- there are 2 Alice tea parties- both sea days.
The magic has the ipod docking stations alarm clocks that light up the whole room just about.

Thank you all.

I hope it the weather stays nice a little coolness will be ok too.

Being in this Florida heat all summer is getting old real fast.

hkriw said:
We had a blast- the only downfall was a sit down dinner with a 3 year old who can not sit still even when running around!

The Magic was wonderful-She is a great ship- the kids club staff was fantastic!
Our Dis board group was great.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10 (see above comment)

Ask away- I'm headed out to get the dogs- I'll answer when I get back!

Thank you all for the guidance over the last couple of months. You all prepared me well!

Holly and family

Do you know if tia and amber were still working in the club?

We also just got off today. We had a wonderful time and the staff were great. We brought my 84 yo Mom on the cruise and unfortunately she became ill on the second night (nothing lifethreatening, but still at 84 very upsetting. We ended up in the medical facility after dinner and the nurse and dr. were fabulous-very caring and understanding. With a couple of rxs she was up and about the next day and had a very good time with her kids and grandchildren.

We didn't do too much for port adventures. My daughter and I did some shopping in Halifax and we then took a taxi to the Public Gardens w/Mom. They were beautiful and there was a lovely little snack bar where we had a light lunch of sandwiches and ice cream. The rest of the group went to the Maritime Museum and had a great time - very interesting and very inexpensive. My dh and ds then went to the Natural History Museum for an exhibit of movie costumes (ds is obsessed w/movies). Not sure how it related to natural history but he loved it. BIL and niece had lunch at an italian place on the boardwalk and said it was fabulous - sorry can't remember the name.

In Saint John we just did a little shopping - dh stayed on the ship w/Mom. People were so nice. BIL and niece went on the hike, bike and kayak trip and really enjoyed it although niece was so sore the next day!

Our wait staff Putra and Tiago were wonderful, especially w/Mom - giving her alot of extra attention and help throughout the meal. The same goes for the stateroom hosts.

The weather was fantastic. Darren, the Cruise Director, said we had the best weather of all of the Canada cruises so far this summer. We bought fleece jackets the night before the cruise and never needed them. I would still bring them if we did it again as you can never be sure of the weather.

I hope Disney comes back to NYC in 2014 as it was great to drive 1 1/2 to cruise, so much easier than schlepping to the airport and flying several hours (not to mention cheaper too).

I just read a trip report where the OP stated that boarding didn't begin until after 12 and that the cabins didn't open until until 2:30. Was there a problem that morning that delayed things or has this been the norm on the NYC cruises?

I just read a trip report where the OP stated that boarding didn't begin until after 12 and that the cabins didn't open until until 2:30. Was there a problem that morning that delayed things or has this been the norm on the NYC cruises?

In June we boarded about 12pm with #7 and the rooms were ready about 1:30pm.

Can't remember exactly when boarding started. My Mom and Sister were in group 1 as Mom was in a wheelchair - it was either a bit before noon or just after. We were in group 6 and probably boarded 10 minutes later. BIL and niece were in group 11 and were probably less then 10 minutes after us. We had lunch in parrot cay, and I don't remember exactly when the rooms were available. I gave BIL and niece a tour of the ship which included the spa - the staff took us through and were trying to sell us package, which off course we bought (I could live in the rainforest room). I think our rooms were ready around 2:00, but I don't remember our bags being there.

Debarkation was slightly different as I remember from our cruise out of Port Canaveral 3 years ago. We were broken up by our tags - we were the third group off (blue Donald tags) were stayed in Studio Sea until it was our time to come off. There wasn't the huge mass of humanity that I recall on our other cruises.

We also just got off today. We had a wonderful time and the staff were great. We brought my 84 yo Mom on the cruise and unfortunately she became ill on the second night (nothing lifethreatening, but still at 84 very upsetting. We ended up in the medical facility after dinner and the nurse and dr. were fabulous-very caring and understanding. With a couple of rxs she was up and about the next day and had a very good time with her kids and grandchildren.

We didn't do too much for port adventures. My daughter and I did some shopping in Halifax and we then took a taxi to the Public Gardens w/Mom. They were beautiful and there was a lovely little snack bar where we had a light lunch of sandwiches and ice cream. The rest of the group went to the Maritime Museum and had a great time - very interesting and very inexpensive. My dh and ds then went to the Natural History Museum for an exhibit of movie costumes (ds is obsessed w/movies). Not sure how it related to natural history but he loved it. BIL and niece had lunch at an italian place on the boardwalk and said it was fabulous - sorry can't remember the name.

In Saint John we just did a little shopping - dh stayed on the ship w/Mom. People were so nice. BIL and niece went on the hike, bike and kayak trip and really enjoyed it although niece was so sore the next day!

Our wait staff Putra and Tiago were wonderful, especially w/Mom - giving her alot of extra attention and help throughout the meal. The same goes for the stateroom hosts.

The weather was fantastic. Darren, the Cruise Director, said we had the best weather of all of the Canada cruises so far this summer. We bought fleece jackets the night before the cruise and never needed them. I would still bring them if we did it again as you can never be sure of the weather.

I hope Disney comes back to NYC in 2014 as it was great to drive 1 1/2 to cruise, so much easier than schlepping to the airport and flying several hours (not to mention cheaper too).

Would you have a picture of Putra? I'm wondering if he is the same server we had on the Dream

I will try to get a picture up. I'll need to have dd help as I am completely helpless with posting pictures.

we were on board by 12:10 and we were number 11

we were in our room before 2pm- mainly because we forgot about the room having so much fun swimming!

We boarded the Magic last week at 11:25 ish....so I would say anywhere between 11:30-12:00 is the norm for boarding in NYC.

They did not check port arrival times.

MJ

We are off the ship today as well.

We were boarding number 6 and were sitting in topsiders eating by 12:15. Our room was ready at 1:30 when they dropped the rope.

Also we did the top 10 all day excursion in Halifax and the hop on hop off in saint John.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter