• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Off The Fantasy

sleepingbeauty17

Earning My Ears
Just got back yesterday from the trip of a lifetime, 4 days in the parks followed by a 7 night western cruise on the Fantasy. Did some great excursions and had a fantastic room. If anyone has any questions about the Fantasy, the islands, or anything like that feel free to ask!

We head out on the same trip next Saturday. Our 1st cruise ever. Please share your thoughts.
It was amazing from start to finish. It was our second time on the Fantasy so we were a little more familiar with the ship this time around. We were a big group of 20 so there was a big range of ages but everyone had a great time. The kids went to the kids club and had a blast, they were very easy to check them into and had a great range of activities. The adults went to both Palo brunch and dinner and a mixology class, all of which were phenomenal. We rode the AquaDuck plenty of times both during the day and at night (I thought it was more fun at night). Overall I would say to try everything from the midship detective agency to mini golf to the adult pools (they're much less crowded).

SB17 Thanks for the response. We are a group of 10. Us 4 are newbies. We are traveling with friends who convinced us to give cruzing a try. We have been counting down for a year. It's hard to believe we have made it so far. We leave Wednesday morning for the 2 day drive. We plan on spending 2 nights in cocoa beach pre cruise. Doing the dune buggy/snorkeling in Cozumel. Then the dolphin swim in Grand Cayman. We are so excited.

I'd love to hear about your excursions.
In Grand Cayman we chartered a catamaran through a company called "Stingray Sailing" and went to Stingray City and some snorkeling. I would hands down recommend them, they were professional, very well priced and offered a small group 24 total on the boat. It was nice to see Stingray City with a smaller group and the guides were very informative and laid back. Overall I'd go back to them in a heartbeat. Next in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach, a beach day resort that offered paddle boards, kayaks, a pool and most importantly water inflatables. It was less than $20 to get in and use the activities and inflatables and they asked that you spend $10 on food and drinks. It seemed a bit crowded to me but it wasn't too bad in the water. The inflatables were a ton of fun for both adults and kids. It was great for kids and teens because it offered a lot of different things to do and the wait staff was very attentive. It was clean and not too far away from the port. Then in Falmouth our group split up and did two different excursions. The group I was not in went to Blue Hole and loved it. They said it was far away but worth the drive. They said it was a great experience to jump off of each of the falls and take some great pictures. I went to Chukka for zip lining and river tubing. It was just alright in my opinion, I probably would've rather go to Blue Hole as it was cheaper than ours. It wasn't a bad drive there but once there it felt crowded because there are so many options at the estate. The river tubing was a little dull, its pretty slow moving and the water was a murky brown color. We didn't really see anything so I felt like we weren't getting anything out of it. We then went on the ziplines, which had what I felt like were long. There were only four of them which albeit were long than other ziplines I've done, were over quickly because there were so few of them. Overall I wouldn't go back. Lastly in Castaway Cay we jet skied. I would say that was my favorite experience. We went first thing in the morning so that we weren't leaving the beach halfway through the day. We got to really go fast on them and see what they could really do. There was a really cool stop at an empty beach on the other side of the island where we got to see sand dollars and star fish.

Was there a matinee of Aladdin on Sunday or just the evening performances?

Who were your captain and cruise director?

TIA

Was there a matinee of Aladdin on Sunday or just the evening performances?

Who were your captain and cruise director?

TIA
The captain was Captain Fabian and the cruise director was Natalie, both were great. And there was no matinee of Aladdin on Sunday, just the 6:15 and 8:30 evening shows.

Taking this same cruise the beginning of August. How was the food?
The food was amazing. There was an outstanding variety of it and always more than enough. Cabanas had a great selection of both normal breakfast foods that appealed to kids and picky eaters and more adventurous things for adults. It was very similar at lunch with the typical things you'd expect to see plus some new items and fun items every day. Dinner was also nothing short of amazing, there was always a good variety of seafood, meat and vegetarian options. Also they were extremely accommodating to the vegetarian of our group, those with allergies, and a family member with a gluten intolerance, they were always willing to adjust a dish to help them out which I thought was great customer service.

We are sailing on the fantasy at the end of this month. For the one's with late dining, can you still experience the pirate party or do you get cut short to go eat?

This is a thinking question. What areas on the Fantasy look like they need to be refurbished, or what areas do you think might be reimagined during the next dry dock.

Was your group separated for dinner or did you all sit at the same table.? We are travelling with a group of 12 and hoping to sit together.

We are sailing on the fantasy at the end of this month. For the one's with late dining, can you still experience the pirate party or do you get cut short to go eat?
The pirate party on our cruise was at 7:45, it says on the Navigator that it only goes until 8:15 which would be enough time to do both I would say. We had the second seating three years ago and went to the pirate party and made it to dinner on time. I felt like they were good about making sure that it was timed correctly so that people were able to do both, I also felt like there was a bit more of a grace period that night just in case you were a few extra minutes at the party or needed to stop by your stateroom.

Who were the Cruise Staff team members?
Our head waiter was Cedomir, who we didn't see a ton but in my experience you never see them a lot just a quick "hello how was your day" each night. Our server was Onur and he was outstanding, he was funny and great with all the kids in our group, he did magic tricks with them and made them dolls out of napkins. He was always very conscious of people's allergies and had great insight about what was the best thing to order that night. Our assistant server was Suki who was a little shy but always brought drinks before you were even done and asked if we needed anything. Lastly our stateroom attendant was Shena who was such a delight. Whenever she saw me in the hallway she'd ask how I was and how the room was and if there was anything she could do to make my stay better, definitely made it feel like home. Overall my interactions this cruise were very positive and very memorable.

Was your group separated for dinner or did you all sit at the same table.? We are travelling with a group of 12 and hoping to sit together.
At the Royal Court and Animator's Palate we were split up into one table of 8 and another of 12 so I would image they'd keep your group together especially if you asked. In Enchanted Garden we were just one long table.

This is a thinking question. What areas on the Fantasy look like they need to be refurbished, or what areas do you think might be reimagined during the next dry dock.
Overall I think the ship looks really good especially for a ship that is four years old. There's definitely just wear and tear things that need to be done like replace the carpets on the stairs or I thought that the turf on the mini golf was looking a little tired but overall it was pretty clean. In a perfect world these would happen but..
1.) I would say that an enhancement that should be made is more pool space, which I know is probably near impossible, but I felt like there was so much seating for the adult area and the family pool and mickey pool were squished into this small area with not a ton of seating and the pools were always packed.
2.) I can also picture them redoing part of the kids club and adding features that are in ships like the Magic or the Dream that have received enhancements in dry dock like the Avengers lab, I'd say to take out the submarine thing with the computers but hey that's me.
3.) Something that I'd love to see happen too just personally is the Royal Court to get a new theme, its my least favorite restaurant, I just don't think it has as much to offer as the Enchanted Garden or Animator's Palate, it feels a little Royal Caribbean plus some princess murals to me.
4.) My last pipe dream is for Cabana's to have a better flow, I've been on other ships where its more of stations than a line. I've been told by people on here that it's supposed to be fluid and you can just hop in and grab as you please but I would say its just human nature to form a line when its this type of set up and even if I know that, the guy in front of me who's taking 20 minutes to pick out a doughnut and the three people behind him don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter