• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Off The Fantasy

We were on that cruise too. It was the last Star Wars cruise, so all of those movies, Zootopia and Jungle Book were playing in the theaters. We did the ruins, cultural center and chocolate excursion in Cozumel Nd a snorkeling excursion in Grand Cayman.
The shows and entertainers were great!

What excursions did you do and how did you like them?

Did the dolphin encounter at Grand Cayman while others in my party did the dolphin observer. The observer excursion is a rip-off. They are not close enough to see the others at the encounter. I liked petting the dolphin and the tricks it did with me, but I would not do it again because I did not think I got my money's worth. Visiting a turtle farm across the street came with the package. It was interesting, but we were rushed through it and did not have time to fully enjoy it.

Did the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure at Castaway Cay. You got to pet, feed, and snorkel among the stingrays. They are trained and very friendly. I enjoyed this very much.

Excursions? Movies playing? Pirate night review? Best part???

Excursions, please see the above post.

This was a Star Wars Day At Sea cruise, so all of the Star Wars movies were playing in the Buena Vista theater. On the SW day, The Force Awakens played in both theaters. At the Walt Disney theater it was in 3D. Zootopia and the Jungle Book (new one) also played.

Since this was a SWDAS cruise, there was no Pirate menu or buffet, but there was the pirate party on deck. A LOT of passengers wore pirate costumes (including me). Some of them were very good.

I loved the interaction between the characters, the princesses, and the crew with all of the passengers. I really felt the Disney magic. This was my first Disney cruise and I plan to cruise again in September 2017 on the Fantasy.

We were on that cruise too. It was the last Star Wars cruise, so all of those movies, Zootopia and Jungle Book were playing in the theaters. We did the ruins, cultural center and chocolate excursion in Cozumel Nd a snorkeling excursion in Grand Cayman.

I second that. The shows and entertainers were indeed great.

Where u able to see everythnig that was schedule each day on sea? How was the aquaduck busy?

Where u able to see everythnig that was schedule each day on sea? How was the aquaduck busy?

You cannot possibly do or see everything that is scheduled. You will get a Navigator for each day's activities. You would then have to choose the activities that are important for you and your family. The aquaduck can get very busy. The shortest wait times were on the first day and early in the morning just after it opens (9am I believe). Also the lines are shorter on port days.

The cruise director's name was Darren. I do not understand the second part of your question (who were your performers). Could you please explain what you are asking?

You cannot possibly do or see everything that is scheduled. You will get a Navigator for each day's activities. You would then have to choose the activities that are important for you and your family. The aquaduck can get very busy. The shortest wait times were on the first day and early in the morning just after it opens (9am I believe). Also the lines are shorter on port days.
Thank will have to do it on day one for sure

The cruise director's name was Darren. I do not understand the second part of your question (who were your performers). Could you please explain what you are asking?

I'm asking about comedians, magicians, etc

There was a duo that sang in the lobby and "the tube" several times a day called "FireLite". I did not see the comedy and magic acts but I will look them up in my Navigators when I get home and take them out of the bags. I'll let you know then.

I was on this cruise also and want to add some feedback:

• SWDAS was everything it could be. Characters, movies, and the show/fireworks at night was fantastic
  • Jedi Training is the worst process ever. You sign up for everything else on a cruise, why not this. My child did get picked, but many did not. They have six shows, but it is a gamble in my mind.
  • Aladdin was a top notch show as well as many others. The guy who plays genie was very funny. Aladdin had a little oops when the lamp broke and couldn't hold in his laughter. Genie didn't help things!!!! LOL!!!
  • The stingrays and snorkeling at Castaway was top notch. Very fun and interactive. Lots of cool videos to be made with a GoPro type camera.
  • The Aquaduck can get busy at times, but I counted it's about 30 seconds between each raft being launched. Try to ride doubles with an adult, because it seems double kids got stuck a lot and it takes time to reset things.
  • The Aquaduck is almost a walk-on during port days if you stay on the ship.
  • We didn't do anything in Cozumel or Grand Cayman islands.
  • Star Wars day had some pretty cool looking costumes. Some people went all out all day.
  • Our servers Martin and Aries were very nice. I gave them an excellent rating based off the first night even before the 100% excellent speeches started!!!
We did have some excitement on the cruise as we rescued 3 Cubans who's raft/boat overturned. They were sitting on top of it in the middle of the ocean. The US Coast Guard picked them up a few hours later.

Oh well, more to come and would be happy to help answer questions with Ibus42 also!!!!

FigmentSpark, they had Pirate Night, but no Pirate Menu or fireworks. They did offer both Pirate Shows.

How did you like the ruins and chocolate excursion in Cozumel? We are planning to do that in July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter