Just off the Fantasy

I was surprised when i saw this itinerary how short the time in port is at Cayman. Did this cruise go to Costa Maya? We just booked for May 2013 and we re only there for 4 hours. I don't know what the point is in stopping there for such a short time. What did you think about that?

I was surprised when i saw this itinerary how short the time in port is at Cayman. Did this cruise go to Costa Maya? We just booked for May 2013 and we re only there for 4 hours. I don't know what the point is in stopping there for such a short time. What did you think about that?

Yes the port times were short, which was a bit of a disappointment. Definitely not enough time in Grand Cayman.

We did go to Costa Maya. We took a cab to the Tropicante and hung out on the beach, ate good food, and I got an amazing 1 hour massage ($25). Highly recommended! In the immediate port area, the kids spent some time in the pool there. It would have been nice to have a couple more hours at that port.

WOuld you be able to describe the Mayan Ruins excursion? Thanks!:goodvibes

Sure! We have done this one twice now. It's about a hour long bus ride each way, very comfortable huge buses. The ruins have 3 large pyramids. And some smaller stuff. You can climb on some of them to a certain point. I believe years ago when we went they didn't allow much climbing. The walk is very nice and scenic. Lots of shade. We seen a monkey swinging thru the tree's and parrot type bird. You have 2 hours at the ruins. There are a big set of stairs to climb, not bad. And then you have to go down more steps at the end to get down. Was easy for us, but we are36 and 41 with a 6 yr old. We had a lot of families. Last time we went it was a lot of older people, so it's not a bad walk or anything. We really enjoyed it. There is some shopping and a small place to get snacks and drinks. They do provide water when you get back on the bus. But I would bring it along for the walk etc.

Sure! We have done this one twice now. It's about a hour long bus ride each way, very comfortable huge buses. The ruins have 3 large pyramids. And some smaller stuff. You can climb on some of them to a certain point. I believe years ago when we went they didn't allow much climbing. The walk is very nice and scenic. Lots of shade. We seen a monkey swinging thru the tree's and parrot type bird. You have 2 hours at the ruins. There are a big set of stairs to climb, not bad. And then you have to go down more steps at the end to get down. Was easy for us, but we are36 and 41 with a 6 yr old. We had a lot of families. Last time we went it was a lot of older people, so it's not a bad walk or anything. We really enjoyed it. There is some shopping and a small place to get snacks and drinks. They do provide water when you get back on the bus. But I would bring it along for the walk etc.

Great! Thanks for replying...appreciate it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter