• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Dream!

Yes Hard Rock is about a 5 min walk away I believe. What I would do though is check you can use your card there. I've had issues using my card in NON-US ones

My family has trip coming up in February on the Dream...wanted to get a few questions posted to see if those of you who have been on the Dream could reply.

- Coffee, Coffee, Coffee....any improvement in coffee on board? I'm assuming the free coffee on board is the nasty coffee they have on the other ships and the at WDW. How is the coffee in the Coffee shop on board and how much is it?

- Does anyone have the Navigators yet or is there a list to a recent post with a copy of them yet?

- When do you find out which resturants we'll get on specific nights? We have been on a DC before, but I don't remember if we get these at check-in time or prior to the cruise.

- Are there any special movies playing in mid-February on board?

- I heard the Pirate party is different than other Disney Cruise...is there any special links outlining what the changes are?

- When is the best time to go on waterslide (to try to avoid crowds)...and how long is the wait during peek at sea times...and is the slide open 24 hours or specific times during the day?

- How much is the fee for WiFi on-board if you bring your own laptop?

pirate:

My family has trip coming up in February on the Dream...wanted to get a few questions posted to see if those of you who have been on the Dream could reply.

- Coffee, Coffee, Coffee....any improvement in coffee on board? I'm assuming the free coffee on board is the nasty coffee they have on the other ships and the at WDW. How is the coffee in the Coffee shop on board and how much is it?

- Does anyone have the Navigators yet or is there a list to a recent post with a copy of them yet?

- When do you find out which resturants we'll get on specific nights? We have been on a DC before, but I don't remember if we get these at check-in time or prior to the cruise.

- I heard the Pirate party is different than other Disney Cruise...is there any special links outlining what the changes are?

- When is the best time to go on waterslide (to try to avoid crowds)...and how long is the wait during peek at sea times...and is the slide open 24 hours or specific times during the day?

pirate:

someone posted a navigator from the christening cruise and I saw where internet is .75 per minute or like $75 for 240 minutes.....sheesh!

You find out when you get your Key to the World card. You can request a certain rotation but its not guarenteed at all.

Email DCL they should be able to tell you about a month out so should have the details by now.

someone posted a navigator from the christening cruise and I saw where internet is .75 per minute or like $75 for 240 minutes.....sheesh!

These are what the prices have been on the Wonder and the Magic. They are hogh to me. Disney has been charges these rates all along.

These are what the prices have been on the Wonder and the Magic. They are hogh to me. Disney has been charges these rates all along.

That's crazy! I have two teenaged daughters, one of whom is hooked on Facebook, this will certainly curtain her plans!

One tip for folks since we just got back: Bring your alarm clock!

I had heard that there were new electronic alarm clocks so I left mine at home. Big mistake! I couldn't figure out how to program the one in the room. (And I'm normally really good with those kind of things. :confused3) That wouldn't be such a big deal but the automated wake up calls are not setup for the ship yet. So we were put on hold 5-6 minutes at night to request a wake up call that came late because the front desk was actually calling people one at a time! The couple we were sailing with actually didn't get their wake up call. :eek:

Of course, that is the only thing that wasn't perfect for us on the ship. We heard lots of complaints about dinner service but our server TREVIS did a fabulous job. If you request him you won't have any worries!

I know this is a crazy question - your server Trevis can you give me more info. We cruised last year and our servers name was Trevis. I loved him I would want to ask for him again for sure!!!
Thanks

Quick question... I would love to print out the Sorcerer Mickey hat for our stateroom door - can you please give me some tips on how to properly size it to fit?, and possibly a link to the image...

Yours looks like it fit perfectly... On my second cruise (May 2009), we had a Jack Sparrow magnet go missing also...

Oh! And this is one of the most informative threads I have read about the Dream so far - Thanks so much for all of the answers and info - it's getting me super excited for my cruise in May!!!

Diz: try this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

I'm wondering, not including embarkation day (in case it's different on that day), which restaurants besides Cabanas were open for breakfast and lunch?

pirate:

This one should be we hope!

http://www.gnomeoandjuliet.com

I've also read that Pirate Night is different on the Dream. Can you tell me what's different? Thanks!!

Did they just called you personally for the wake-up or send an automated call? They called us personally, which seemed extremely inefficient but perhaps they don't know how to work the new phones either! Problem was, our ringer was turned off and I never figured out how to turn it back on. I just happened to be awake already and getting ready and noticed the phone light flashing, so I realized a call was coming in. Sometimes technology is not a good thing. Pre-printed buttons are so much easier.

I can hardly keep up with this thread - been so busy back at work and trying to print pictures from the trip and put them in an album at home!

Yes, it was a personal wake-up call - seemed strange to me too! Thank goodness you happened to see the phone flashing!

Quick question... I would love to print out the Sorcerer Mickey hat for our stateroom door - can you please give me some tips on how to properly size it to fit?, and possibly a link to the image...

Yours looks like it fit perfectly... On my second cruise (May 2009), we had a Jack Sparrow magnet go missing also...

Oh! And this is one of the most informative threads I have read about the Dream so far - Thanks so much for all of the answers and info - it's getting me super excited for my cruise in May!!!

People must love to steal Jack Sparrow for some reason (I might like to do that in real life!) :rotfl:

I saw that someone already posted a link regarding the magnets - hope you found what you needed!

How did you manage that? Or did you have to wait 45 minutes in between each time?

We rode right after boarding! There wasn't a SINGLE OTHER PERSON in line the entire time! The first time we rode together, the second time separately, and the third time together again. We could have gone many more times if we wanted - I just couldn't make it up those stairs anymore! :lmao:

Anyone saying what the gifts are for the Castaway Club members? Any special souvenirs for being on the Dream?

We were on the Christening Cruise and were told prior to travel there would be no Castaway Gifts. :-( We did get a small glass bottle with the ship etched in it the first night and a book about building the ship the second night. Oh, and a dark chocolate ship....which was YUMMY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter